Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central or Elliott?

Who was better? 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was better?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

For those of you that had a chance to see both teams play who do you think is the better team? Why?

  • Replies 110
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Elliott, while Patterson and Ridge Wilson are both great football players, their basketball skills were underrated. But Elliott gets the nod for me. Patterson and Wilson were better than the Knipp brothers IMO, but Elliott's team (pretty much just the starting five) was better overall.

 

As for coaching, Doug Bibby over Rick Mays any day of the year.

If Central could've smothered EC as they did Holmes I'd say they probably would've won by a few points. Central played Holmes better then EC did, but you have to factor in the fact that Holmes just played a tough game just a few hours before. A fresh Central vs. a fresh Elliott Co... I'd probably say Elliott County comes out on top.

If Central could've smothered EC as they did Holmes I'd say they probably would've won by a few points. Central played Holmes better then EC did, but you have to factor in the fact that Holmes just played a tough game just a few hours before. A fresh Central vs. a fresh Elliott Co... I'd probably say Elliott County comes out on top.

 

I'll agree with you there, but I think Ethan Faulkner and Jon Ferguson would have a field day. Central's lack of a solid back court would limit them and lose the game for them IMO. On the other hand, EC would have no answer for Patterson or Wilson. It would make for an entertaining game.

Honestly, I think Central would have been a tougher matchup than Holmes for Elliott. They simply didn't have the overall strength to matchup with Ridge Wilson and Patterson on the inside. Also, I don't think you can discredit Central's guard either. The handled the ball very well against Holmes their guards can be that bad. I would take Central.

Central's speed and quickness is the difference. Defensively they were able to stay in front of their man. Depth may be an advantage too since Central had to develop other players for some 15 or so games without their football players.

I'll take Elliott. It was very impressive what Central did this weekend, but the triangle and 2 they ran that confused Holmes most of the game wouldn't have worked against the 5 shooters of Elliott.

I think it would have been a great game. Wilson and Patterson's strength around the rim would have been a total mismatch for the Lions. Morrison and Robinson could have frustrated the Faulkner twins because of their quickness, but I'm not sure they could have put anyone of Ferg and I doubt EC would have shot the ball as bad as Holmes did in the first half from behind the arc. With that said though, Central likely would have pulled it out because of their depth. 1-5 EC is probably the better team, but overall Central is more complete.

If you are talking playing Central after playing Holmes, then I would go with Central as the legs of the Elliott players would be dead, but if you are talking in the first or second round with fresh legs, Elliott would win going away.

 

The lack of dept after the second game in any tourney means tired legs for EC and tired legs beat EC as much as the other teams talent does!

 

The lack of dept after the second game in any tourney means tired legs for EC and tired legs beat EC as much as the other teams talent does!

 

Wasn't this not suppose to matter? I thought it wouldn't be a problem? Now it's an excuse? C'mon they (EC and Central) are both good teams. EC didn't lose to Holmes because they were tired. Holmes was/is the better team and I think would take atleast 7 of 10 vs. EC or most other teams in the state. I don't think the EC boys would have said anything about being tired costing them the game, so why should anyone on here?

Wasn't this not suppose to matter? I thought it wouldn't be a problem? Now it's an excuse? C'mon they (EC and Central) are both good teams. EC didn't lose to Holmes because they were tired. Holmes was/is the better team and I think would take atleast 7 of 10 vs. EC or most other teams in the state. I don't think the EC boys would have said anything about being tired costing them the game, so why should anyone on here?

 

First I am not a EC fan, but I have seen EC play quite a few times this year and last, and the difference from the 1st/2nd game to the 3rd game in the tourneys that I have seen them play in, is quite different. Playing only five players kills players legs, not an excuse but just plain fact and all the training isn't going to make it any better. You get tired, you lose your legs, you lose your legs your shooting is going to be off.

First I am not a EC fan, but I have seen EC play quite a few times this year and last, and the difference from the 1st/2nd game to the 3rd game in the tourneys that I have seen them play in, is quite different. Playing only five players kills players legs, not an excuse but just plain fact and all the training isn't going to make it any better. You get tired, you lose your legs, you lose your legs your shooting is going to be off.

 

I agree. I watched both teams in the tourney this year, and had seen EC in the All A. Give me a fresh EC and I think they would win. I had been keeping up with this Central team all year. That is why in one of my contest picks I had them going to the finals. I have been impressed with them. Both are excellent ball teams.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.