Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Franklin County 71 Western Hills 38

Featured Replies

Final from the Frankfort Civic Center.

12 to 13 point game until the refs took it over. Western Hills stood no chance after that, the refs comletely favored county from there and gave Hills no chance.

Good win for the Flyers! Congrats to Vance Hall for getting District MVP!

Game got a little chippy in the 3rd, disappointing to see Western Hills act like that. On the other hand, the Flyers did a god job maintaining their cool just like they did in the Anderson County game. Good job FC!

  • Author

Vance was very deserving. He played very tough in both games.

Vance was very deserving. He played very tough in both games.

 

Yes he was, you could've given it to any of the Flyer starters. They all played as a TEAM. Not one person was trying to it himself, that's how you win championships.:ylsuper:

12 to 13 point game until the refs took it over. Western Hills stood no chance after that, the refs comletely favored county from there and gave Hills no chance.

 

Maybe in fantasyland the refs gave County this Game. FC beat Hils by 24 and 35 in the two games during the regular season and then by 33 tonight. FC won because they are just better than Hills!

 

Hills deserved the Technicals they got. Cheaps shot, mouthing, they argued every call. That is what teams do when they are desperate, and tonight was just that.

 

I will agree with the statement the Western Hills stood no chance, but it was not after the refs made or didn't make a call. They stood no chance when the game was scheduled!

Franklin County

Hall 18 points 7 rebounds 7 assists

Donovan 12 points 12 rebounds

Conner 10 points 7 rebounds

Meyer 9 points

Jennels 8 points

Dundon 7 points

Watkins 3 points 5 rebounds

McKee 2 points

Hicks 1 point

Parris 1 point

 

Western Hills

McGaughey 12

Riddle 8

Lee 6

Satterwhite 6

Wise 2

Clark 2

Barrass 2

I agree with Yo Daddy. Refs have nothing to do with a 33 point deficit. Hills has lost their mojo.

I will say this much, the refs let it get out of hand in the third by not calling some fouls both ways. With that said the game was never gonna be close, FC all the way. JT Riddle played well for Hills but just to much talent on the east side of town for Hills to contend with. You know when people beg and beg for a school on the westside of town and then get it and dont do as well as they thought it automatically turns into a FC bias by the officials. It has been this way since 1980 when WHHS was formed. I have nothing against them and wish them the best in the region but after a while I get tired of hearing the same things over and over again.

I thought Donovan had a big night for FC along with Hall. Andy shut down Satterwhite and gave him no easy looks. FC keeps playing like this they could make a serious run in the 11th.

12 to 13 point game until the refs took it over. Western Hills stood no chance after that, the refs comletely favored county from there and gave Hills no chance.

 

That's a joke man. Are you even hereing what you are saying! Oh, it was a 12 or 13 point game until the refs took over. That is not a game. That is a blow out. Western Hills cant hold a candle to Franklin County. Oh, and Andy Donavon has showed Mike Satterwhite up every time these two teams have faced off.

GO COUNTY! A special thanks to the officials for helping us gain the confidence we need going into the region!!! LOL.

  • Author

I think depth was a key factor in this game. The officials did a pretty good job overall as WHHS wanted to make this a slugfest. Jennels came off the bench to hit three big shots in the first half. Meyer and Conner both were limited because of fouls, so the refereeing obviously, to me, wasn't all one-sided. Hicks was on the bench with a "dead-leg" much of the game also. WHHS had a strategy, it just didn't work.

Edited by doomer

Let me say as someone who doesn't care who won, I thought the officials let the game get out of hand. The game was physical in the 3rd and I could see WHHS getting emotional on many missed calls. Now those no calls went BOTH ways.

 

WHHS let their emotions take over. I would say because they were trailing. I agree the technical fouls they received where deserved. I will say that the kid ejected for WHHS Hills did not deserve to be tossed out. I was sitting feet from what went down and he said nothing that deserved ejection.

 

I do blame the officials for letting the game get out of control. They missed to many hard fouls. They did a poor job on Wednesday night as well. The short official has called plenty of games I have seen this season and he is just consistantly bad.

 

As for them being the reason FCHS won, I would say no. FCHS had taken control of the tempo and game. Conner, Hall and Donavan had outstanding night on the backboard that led to many second chance points.

 

Congrats to FCHS, I think they have a great shot at winning the region. They just need to focus on one game at a time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.