Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

dumervil

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dumervil

  1. Just how do you know that? You don't! Would anybody have predicted Bourbon County winning the title in '97? There is no sure thing. Get over it. Russell had their opportunities to win this game. It's a great story and made consolidation of those to programs much easier. Jaggers had a tougher task than most could imagine getting these guys to play together.
  2. Great post! I don't even know Bob Beatty. But as a coach myself, you gave the man the highest compliment you could give. Yes, he wins. But what he teaches those kids about life is more important. I was pulling for the Rocks. A lot of people didn't like that because I am a public education teacher. My grandson, however, goes to a private school. Maybe I can talk by daughter into sending him to Trinity. I was impressed.
  3. That would be Jimmy Reed. Wow, that would be a little surprising! Jimmy had some good years at Washington County. I could see him doing it. He knows the game and would be worthy of consideration. He was pretty quick in his day and started for the Wildcats back in the late sixties or very early seventies.
  4. I don't know where you think John Hardin has improved the last two or three games. They barely got by Nelson. Meade is clicking on all cylinders. The Greenwaves might surprise!
  5. How long did OJ play in Kentucky? I get tired of reading about him. He has played in Ohio and West Virginia the better part of his career. Is he related to TO?
  6. I am going to make it a point to go watch Mercer. They should make a run at the state title.
  7. Matt Tingle is one of the Nelson County lineman. He played in middle school at Washington County. Nice looking lineman with a little quickness. Nelson County has some talent. Bardstown just pounded two pretty decent football teams in the past two weeks. Bardstown should win but I wouldn't be surprised of an upset or a close game.
  8. Jim Matney is a good guy!
  9. Taylor made a little run to cut the lead 33-19 with a quarter to go,then little Shane Bueter ripped off a fifty-plus yarder for a TD. Washington County won 46-19.
  10. I think it is a great idea. Knocking the start of school back would be good too. Things have gotten out of hand. Some kids who want to play baseball in the summer don't because of the demands football and basketball has put on them. We need to get things balanced out a little more. It has gotten a little crazy the past few years.
  11. This is awful! Washington County lost a former athlete last week due to a motorcycle accident as well. Blake Hoppes. He was a great person and will be sadly missed. My prayers go out to all!
  12. Uhh, whatever happened to the kids actually going outside and doing some things on their own, like back in the day, before everyone had air conditioning and all the technology. Trust me it was just as hot back in the day as it is now. The difference is now the coaches literally have to stand over the kids to get them to lift, run and workout. In air conditioned, top of line weight rooms. What's wrong with taking a little initiative on their own? They should know how to stay in condition. Get outside and work and acclimate yourself to the conditions. I am for a longer dead period. Why, because everything comes together in the summer now, passing leagues, basketball camps, baseball, you name it. Kids are being tugged all over the place. I liked the days when you just went from one sport to another. Didn't have to worrying about making it to passing league after basketball practice then playing a baseball game, that sort of thing.
  13. The only thing I get tired of is the assumption that Catholic's players work harder than the rest. Bull! They have better players who work just has hard as the rest. That is the difference. All I will say their situation is just a little different as well. Deep down we all know it! The locker room is very nice!
  14. Deepthreat, I think college scouts won't be looking at whether he stop a certain individual or individuals, but whether he can move his feet, has decent speed, agility and good strength. Most of all, how much upside does he have? He certainly has the size to be an offensive lineman on the D-1 level. The question is, does he have the skill or the potential?
  15. He was Nelson County's girls coach the last two years. He is a class act and should do a great job at Mercer.
  16. Henry Clay got a pretty good man and coach. He will work hard.
  17. Who should be the next coach? The best applicant that the SBDM council thinks can do the job. That is the way things are suppose to be done. If they let you guys pick him the politics would be even worse.
  18. I agree. Camic knows how it feels now. He beats the living daylights out of teams if he can. He could be up twenty runs, leave his starters in, and play the game as if he were still down a run. They both have good ballclubs though and Morse seems like a class act.
  19. The only knock on Frasure I ever heard was he doesn't teach. Hope he has picked it up in that area.
  20. Fraser does not do a good job teaching or didn't in the past. Depends on what a principal will stand for. Many expect you to teach, as well they should. Teaching pays them the most.
  21. None. Teenagers do not make adult decisions. I don't think college players have any say either. And they shouldn't. That is why they have AD's and committees to make those decisions.
  22. I don't think the players coached themselves! It takes more than that. She did an outstanding job!
  23. I was asking what her basketball background was. Did she play college ball, high school, assistant coach, head coach somewhere, what? She had a lot of success. It takes a little coaching ability. She proved that.
  24. What is Euton's background? She did an outstanding job. She is a very good coach.
  25. No offense, I would blame the AD for the heat, but you shouldn't act like idiots after a game. You should never need that much law enforcement after, what is after all, just a basketball game. Artie Braden is a great coach. He just proved it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.