Hats off to Coach Euton!

After lots of thought and pondering, I have begun to realize what a nice job Coach Euton has done with the Lady Royals. I liken this team to the 1978 UK team with with Robey, Givens, etc. Just as UK fans would not been happy with anything less than a national championship, local fans expected nothing less than a regional championship. This Rose Hill team was supposed to win the region and did just that. Coach Euton, by all appearances, kept her players on the same page, helped them define their roles, and accomplished the task at hand. The sign of a good coach is one who takes the talent given and is successful. By any standard, Coach Euton was certainly successful. Congratulations!

Before I forget, hats off to Rowan County! Without a doubt, this was one well schooled basketball team. You were a pleasure to watch. Good luck in the future!:thumb:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Ace :thumb: I think Coach Euton did a good job of holding together a team that potentially could have self-destructed. I know that they had some bumps along the way, but the bottem line is that there are no teams in the 16th Region (boys or girls) that are still playing.

Those who are not close to the Rose Hill program will never know just what a fine job Pam Euton did both on and off the playing floor. If she is not the area coach of the year, it will be because of politics and jealousy on the part of some of her fellow coaches.

I agree she did a great job and far more difficult than most are giving her credit for, with the degree of expectations of success with this team. It seemed to me a large portion of posters expected the team to implode or for her to make a huge blunder.

I also found it telling in the amount of posts saying the opposing coach WOULD make the difference in the game (W.Carter,Russell.Rowan).

Well now that the dust has settled its only Coach Euton and her girls that are going to Bowling Green.

Maybe she'll still have to win a few at state for the naysayers to come aroundand thats too bad.

Congrats and good luck at state Rose Hill.

What is Euton's background? She did an outstanding job. She is a very good coach.

I believe that she took the coaching job at Rose Hill 3 or 4 years ago and this is her first coaching job. Presently she is also the schools athletic director.