Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6-6 348lbs Joseph Branum

Featured Replies

Don't know him, but he can be a D1 player. Is he, I don't know. ;)

He plays for Bracken County.

 

How good can he be?

 

 

I have heard of CORN FED but this is unbelievable.......somebody needs to mold that kid into a D 1 pass rusher.....yikes...

As good or great as he's coached or prepared to be. Hard work and dedication.

With that type of size he's a pass rushing stopper, no defense for a kid that size.

I agree Neerfan! He sounds like OL all the way! The question is "How agile is this young man?" He definitely has the size, but if you are talking D1, he better be able to move as well!!! Hopefully Bracken can build an O-Line around him and have some success!!!

I agree Neerfan! He sounds like OL all the way! The question is "How agile is this young man?" He definitely has the size, but if you are talking D1, he better be able to move as well!!! Hopefully Bracken can build an O-Line around him and have some success!!!

 

I agree. If he has good footwork and solid strength commensurate with his size, this kid has the physical tools to be a solid O Lineman! That is a BIG boy!

He plays for Bracken County.

 

How good can he be?

 

 

Does anyone know if he is related to a former Boone County Stud Lineman named Matt Branum... cant remember the year but the name rings a bell and if I do recall he was a man mountain.

With that type of size he's a pass rushing stopper, no defense for a kid that size.

 

Yep, sounds like OL to me.

He won't be able to contain Cory Gilbert or Aaron Duncan of Ludlow.

I wish someone who has actually seen him and watched him play would chime in. Most kids of that size lack the footspeed, agility, and strength to be very effective IMO. I guess I'll have to wonder which he is.

Deepthreat, I think college scouts won't be looking at whether he stop a certain individual or individuals, but whether he can move his feet, has decent speed, agility and good strength. Most of all, how much upside does he have? He certainly has the size to be an offensive lineman on the D-1 level. The question is, does he have the skill or the potential?

Maybe he can be the spark that Bracken needs. New coach, new year. Good luck Polar Bears.

I wish someone who has actually seen him and watched him play would chime in. Most kids of that size lack the footspeed, agility, and strength to be very effective IMO. I guess I'll have to wonder which he is.

 

I'm with you on this one Sandman. When I see that size on a teenager, the first thing I think is not D1. I think can he possibly move, be coordinated, possess bodyweight strength, let alone strength in the weightroom. Potential is there for sure. Sadly in our society, most kids his size lack all of the above mentioned. Hopefully that's not the case with him. Some input from people who have seen him play would shed some light on this.

 

First thing I'd want to do is get him down to a more manageable weight for that size. Somewhere in the 280lb area.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.