Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?

Featured Replies

Everyone had somewhat voiced their opinion on the Dane Damron resigning Thread, so I thought I would start a Thread that everyone could voice their opinion here.

 

Who should be the New Boyd County High School Head Coach?

 

Also, everyone on the other thread complained about the Middle School Coaches.....Who do you feel could do better? Personally I have not been around Vince's program at all, but I do know that Vince takes football very serious, so I would think he would be a good coach.

  • Replies 175
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for a new head coach for the High School, I think they should take applications and do interviews. Not just pick someone cause they like them or their family. Make sure the person's qualified and make sure of his history regardless where he's from. And do away with that spread offense (Michael Vick offense) and get back to the run it down your throat ballgame it used to be.

 

As for Vince, there's one thing about being serious about football and another about picking your players because of their parents and then dogging other kids till they just walk out. I think the old coach they had, Preston, who's now at the high school would be a wonderful middle school coach. Can anyone give stats on how many actual games Vince has won and lost? Football teams take hard work and the kids have to work hard, but there are limits on middle school level. When you work the middle schoolers harder than the high school there's gotta be something wrong. They need to learn discipline yes, but screaming and spitting in a kids face or jerking them around by their pads, then running them till they throw up isn't gonna win you coach of the year. You can't break a kid emotionally at that level cause they're too afraid of what lays ahead if it's suppose to get worse as you get older and it's that bad already, they do what alot have done already, walk off and give up.

I sure wish someone would post Vince's stats for past couple years there.

I sure wish someone would post Vince's stats for past couple years there.

Perhaps you should apply. You seem to know how to do things the right way from where you are sitting. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and dog coaches. It is quite another thing to actually go out and be a Head Coach. If you honestly care that much for the program then you should throw your hat in the ring. The game needs passionate people that know what they are doing.

Oh I just don't sit behind a computer and dog coaches, I do it face to face also. Thing is how many BC people do you even see voice'n their opinion? Very few will do it honestly cause of how it's all run in the county. And I didn't say i was qualified to be a head coach, just that they need to get some that are qualified.

Oh I just don't sit behind a computer and dog coaches, I do it face to face also. Thing is how many BC people do you even see voice'n their opinion? Very few will do it honestly cause of how it's all run in the county. And I didn't say i was qualified to be a head coach, just that they need to get some that are qualified.

Qualified? McPeek has had multiple Head Coaching jobs including the Head Coach of the new arena team. Lee Evans was one of the main cogs under Vic Marsh. Jeff Frasure used to be the defensive coordinator at Harrison Co and helped at Lawrence Co. Bill Tom Ross was one of the best coaches in Eastern KY through the 90's. Chad Tackett is one of the top young coaches in the state now the Head Coach at Fairview. I think they have hired some pretty qualified coaches at Boyd Co in the past couple of tenures.

I'm guessing you have never coached by the way you go after the coaches on here. I do give you credit for at least talking to the guys face to face if you do. It's not an easy job and I really thought Dane and his staff raised the bar at Boyd Co while he was there. That's not an easy District or Region! I will say that it's nice to see some passion on here from a Boyd Co poster as it doesn't happen very often.

Hey stick,

 

I don't think BCr was putting any of those coaches down.....

 

But you named some good ones that might seek and get the BC position.....

 

I like would like to see Lee Evans get the job. Lee would make an excellent head coach and I don't think you can question his knowledge or intergity.

 

Good Luck to BC in their search

I sure wish someone would post Vince's stats for past couple years there.

 

Don't know his record but.............

BC's JFL program has dwindled down from approx. half a dozen teams, to one (1) team, since he is in charge. :confused:

  • Author
Perhaps you should apply. You seem to know how to do things the right way from where you are sitting. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and dog coaches. It is quite another thing to actually go out and be a Head Coach. If you honestly care that much for the program then you should throw your hat in the ring. The game needs passionate people that know what they are doing.

:thumb:

  • Author
Don't know his record but.............

BC's JFL program has dwindled down from approx. half a dozen teams, to one (1) team, since he is in charge. :confused:

 

Wow, what is the reasoning behind that??

 

When my Son played there were some great teams and great coaches. I believe there was like 4 teams in each age group.

 

Are you saying we only have one team in the whole County now?? What happened to all of the teams and coaches??

Don't know his record but.............

BC's JFL program has dwindled down from approx. half a dozen teams, to one (1) team, since he is in charge. :confused:

 

Wow that is an incredible change from when I first started coaching JFL in Ashland. That is a very bad indicator

 

Woody Jr

  • Author
Wow that is an incredible change from when I first started coaching JFL in Ashland. That is a very bad indicator

 

Woody Jr

 

I agree if this is true.

It is true. One team per age group, which is a huge drop from the mid to late 90's when my sons played.

It seems to have started dwindling down around the same time that Mr. Jones took over the JFL program. (That's just an observation.)

Add that to the fact that the middle school program has taken a nose dive and I'm afraid BC football is in big touble in the coming years.

Let's hope that the new Varsity coach takes an interest in his feeder program since there has been NONE in the past few years.

  • Author
Let's hope that the new Varsity coach takes an interest in his feeder program since there has been NONE in the past few years.

 

Amen to that:thumb:

Hey stick,

 

I don't think BCr was putting any of those coaches down.....

 

But you named some good ones that might seek and get the BC position.....

 

I like would like to see Lee Evans get the job. Lee would make an excellent head coach and I don't think you can question his knowledge or intergity.

 

Good Luck to BC in their search

 

Only hire Lee Evans is you want a man of high moral fiber and great character. I think the search should begin and end with coach Evans.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.