Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FamilyTradition

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FamilyTradition

  1. Johnny Bankamper's td against CovCath in the playoff's in 1982. I wasn't involved but it seem to be one of the most climatic td's to end a game for a Bluebird victory.
  2. That's funny right there. (coming into Ky)
  3. Is that you Coach Tackett??????? Just a joke.
  4. It should be public record how much head coaches make. Wouldn't this be in the school's budget????
  5. Sweep was a fine athlete growing up. I believe he played all 3 sports thru his freshmen year. I think he gave up the round ball after the freshmen season. He almost played 4 yrs of baseball and had a great 4 yrs of hs. football. He played football in college. Now Tdyballgame, I thought he only played 4yrs. of football, maybe I'm wrong. And as for you I'm not sure what you did in high school? So could you tell me what kind of cloth that was ????
  6. Maybe I'm to blame. I've used Derek as a reason to work hard at the things you want to become. I saw a special athlete in Derek and what happens when you don't work yourself to the fullest. Now I got a son that lifts and runs with the football team for three hrs. M-W-F and usually stays another hr. with a few others.
  7. I was thinking Derek Smith but after your reply you maybe right!!!
  8. A little trivia ? Who was the last 3 sport star at HHS????
  9. Ask Derek Smith if he maybe spent a little more time in the weight room in high school would that have help him at the next level???
  10. Other commitments????? As a parent of a kid that played baseball thru the 8th grade and now is a sophomore. How do parents that have kid's that no longer play baseball but are feeling that their son is missing another opportunity. Do you force the kid to play???? It seems that some kids just don't want to play baseball as a past time. I know I miss it, I just wished he missed it as much as I do?
  11. I played for Coach Listerman at Highlands in the late 70's as a freshmen. There wasn't a better man on the court or off the court. I hated to see him leave when he did, he was made right out of the mold of Coach Shields.
  12. Those of you that are football junkies will get your fix in about 2 months with spring ball. After spring ball it seems like no time and then 7 on 7 starts. It's not as far off as you might believe.
  13. If your going to watch the Highland's highlight tape you better pack your lunch because it's about 2.5 hrs. long! Have fun and enjoy, it truly was a great season!
  14. Henry, the avatar looks familiar. What side of the family is he from. I've heard Ln. tell people he's got a trophy wife so it must be from his side.
  15. Speaking of off season, do you think 3 hrs. of weights and running every M-W-F is a lot of time. This is what these same senior's went thru for the last 4 yrs. I know of a few jrs. to be that spend another hr or so after the team's done this year.
  16. Congrats Luke! What a great role model this young man has become. Good luck!
  17. A well deserved scholarship, Congrats Clay!
  18. Congrats Alex. Where is Union?? I thought it was in Barborville Ky?
  19. Congrat's to Clay for a well deserved offer to continue his football career. Besides being a great athlete he is even a better person!
  20. Today's the first offical day for winter weight's at Highland's. Looking forward to the boy coming home and listening how Dale tried to kill them during there running drill's. They usually have a lot of garbage cans scattered throughout the gym. I hope they have a good turnout.
  21. Maybe that's why there waiting ?
  22. Congrat's to all that made this team. Just a few fun fact's. St. X places 6 def. and 4 off. players to the list. Trinity puts 3 off. and 6 def. players on the list. Highland's puts 4 honorable mention on off. and 1 st team and 1 honorable mention to the def.
  23. I'm hearing that Colerain may be replacing Trottwood for next year? I heard this from a few players so I'm not real sure on the info.
  24. Do you want to be a big fish in a little pond, or a little fish in a big pond? I know at HHS how it is!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.