Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FamilyTradition

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FamilyTradition

  1. Not to give you anymore bad memories but NewCath had far more superior athletes than we did in 79' and 80'. We just seem to grasp what our coaches were preparing us for moreso than what Bob was preparing you guy's.
  2. Who does the weather effect more? Look's like rain in the forecast.
  3. Great memory! I can't even tell you what I had for breakfast much less how much time, down, and timeouts left 29 yrs. ago. Now I remember, I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Got-a-go!
  4. I was thinking the same back in 79'. I played in this game and I really feel that one play changed our season.
  5. This was a well played game by both team's. I think the depth of the Bird's just took to much out of the Bred's. This will benefit the Bred's playing the larger schools during their freshmen year. I just can't see a 1a or a 2a freshmen squad competing with this group.
  6. Yes it did cost them a chance for the playoff's. I think that Bob became more sportsmenlike after that game. You should have seen the look on the NC sideline after that play. At the time we had a losing record.That play was the turning point in our season. I think we ran off 8 or 9 victories in a row until we got beat by Belfry.
  7. Highlands put their goal-line offense in with a little over a minute left. I don't think that they had planned on breaking an 80 yarder off! If that bothers Bob then so be it. As for what Bob would do late in a game that he has under wraps? In 1979 Nc was up 6pts with about a minute to go and he decided that he would try to score one more time. Ran the option and Kenny Pabst caught the pitch and ran it 80 yards for a td. End of game Highlands win!
  8. So who are some of star's from this Covington team? Is this their new name? We have the "team from Ft Thomas" and now we have the "team from Covington"
  9. That's funny how you feel that a 1a school wear's a 5a team down.
  10. This may be a little early for this thread but I'd like to see what everyone think's about this rivalry starting back up. Does Charlie have to worry about the score to keep this series going?????? Do you think that Dale will be on the sidelines during this game? How strong are the Bred's this year compared to the last few freshmen team's?
  11. I'll be there with the whole family.
  12. I wonder if Beechwoods coach loses sleep at night trying to figure a way for that 1a school to compete with the almighty 6a teams?
  13. I didn't know that Jake had any varsity experience??? I know that he played jv last year but didn't think he played any qb at the varsity level.
  14. I went to practice last night and counted 62 players (not including freshmen) at Highlands. It seems to be a little down number wise compared to years past. I think that its just a trend for this year with only having 14 seniors this year. Jr and sophomore class have good numbers.
  15. You might as well put the cannon were it belong's while you can!
  16. Hey, aren't you suppose to be hanging a scoreboard????
  17. Here it goes to the best of my recollection. Wilbur was the coach and Belfry had these jersey's that were so dryrotted that you couldn't even breath on them without part of it falling off. We knew we didn't have a chance once we saw what kind of uniform's they had.HA... To be honest I really don't remember that much hype about who was going out to the field first. We had a couple of fumbles close to the goal line and if I remember correct Belfry had a couple of pretty hardnose runningback's. This game was a big win for there program. We only had 6 senior's that year and this allowed Wilbur to get plenty of playing time for 81 and 82 state championship kids to play. This would have been considered a rebuilding year anywhere but Highlands.
  18. I'll thank the Scribe when he put's the 5a preview up. Not a second sooner. JK.. Thank's to all involved that put this together.
  19. I played in this game back in 79'. It was a very hard fought game by both team's and we had a few miscue's that didn't help. I think that the tear-away's that Belfry used were from the 20's era. Kid's that weren't even in the game had there jersey's falling apart. LOL
  20. And can run like a deer! Will is very atheletic and will make that adjustment to playing defense if that's what the team need's him to do.
  21. Maybe the cost of gas.
  22. Does anyone know if Trinity is coming to Highlands on Thursday for a 7 0n 7 ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.