Trinity Football 2008

JFK

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to the 2008 ROCKS also. There are some outstanding players on this years team that will be exciting to watch. I just hope that if we win#19, we deserved it. Not because we were lucky, weather, injuries, bad coaching calls, bad officiating, the stars weren't aligned, __________etc, etc. Fill in the blank.

:lol:

I am really looking forward to the 2008 ROCKS also. There are some outstanding players on this years team that will be exciting to watch. I just hope that if we win#19, we deserved it. Not because we were lucky, weather, injuries, bad coaching calls, bad officiating, the stars weren't aligned, __________etc, etc. Fill in the blank.

:lol:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm not a part of the "in" crowd, so can anyone give us some details of what you see developing? :D

I'm not part of the "in" crowd, either, but I think T will be tough "in the box" on defense, meaning the down linemen and the inside linebackers. I do not know much about the secondary. I assume the defensive ends/OLB's will be good, too. On offense, I think T will have an excellent running game assuming the RB's can get the blocking they need. Likewise, the QB, I believe, will be more than adequate to pass and run the offense. The receivers should be good as well. I don't know about the kicking game. The biggest wild card, as I see it, will be the offensive line, but they could be great......I just don't know much about them, except that they return two starters, I think.

I am hopeful that they will get the senior leadership on which success is so vitally dependent, and I think they will.

As usual with Trinity, don't judge them too early. I am confident they will make large strides during the course of the season.

I'm not part of the "in" crowd, either, but I think T will be tough "in the box" on defense, meaning the down linemen and the inside linebackers. I do not know much about the secondary. I assume the defensive ends/OLB's will be good, too. On offense, I think T will have an excellent running game assuming the RB's can get the blocking they need. Likewise, the QB, I believe, will be more than adequate to pass and run the offense. The receivers should be good as well. I don't know about the kicking game. The biggest wild card, as I see it, will be the offensive line, but they could be great......I just don't know much about them, except that they return two starters, I think.

I am hopeful that they will get the senior leadership on which success is so vitally dependent, and I think they will.

As usual with Trinity, don't judge them too early. I am confident they will make large strides during the course of the season.

I would not go that far.... Pretty good assessment and overview.

Defensively Trinity should be as talented as any group to ever wear the green and white. Front line, LBs, DEs, secondary are all talented and experienced. Offensively the OL will need work but will come together nicely within a couple of weeks into the season. Having the center returning will be a big plus. Of course, Tim Philips will be a handful for every team Trinity plays and Scott Radclif will have an awesome year at receiver. Cameron Smyth will have a great year leading the Rocks to #19.

My dad said it several years ago, that if teams didn't beat the Rocks then, their chances will be less and less with each successive year. I agree with him and I don't think any other program combines the coaching, work ethic, organization, focus and talent that Trinity does. Good luck to the Rocks and go get #19.

Defensively Trinity should be as talented as any group to ever wear the green and white. Front line, LBs, DEs, secondary are all talented and experienced. Offensively the OL will need work but will come together nicely within a couple of weeks into the season. Having the center returning will be a big plus. Of course, Tim Philips will be a handful for every team Trinity plays and Scott Radclif will have an awesome year at receiver. Cameron Smyth will have a great year leading the Rocks to #19.

My dad said it several years ago, that if teams didn't beat the Rocks then, their chances will be less and less with each successive year. I agree with him and I don't think any other program combines the coaching, work ethic, organization, focus and talent that Trinity does. Good luck to the Rocks and go get #19.

Good positive post. I very much like what you had to say. :thumb: Let us all hope you are a prophet.

Go Rocks:ylsuper:

As long as Coach Beatty is at Trinity the string of Championships could go on forever, he just gets the most out of the talent that he has. I understand that the Freshman class is loaded from top to bottom from kids through the CSAA Football system. I think the defense will be very good from the line to the Safety. On Offense, the QB is doing fine, backfield with be even better than last year, and the offensive line which lost four starters, three of which were two years starters will start a bit slow but they will be just fine as the season goes on, there is allot of talent there just a bit unexpierenced. The kicking game is one we may have to worry about, but nobody ever said it was going to be easy. Go Rocks and win #19 and be the first four-peat team in Rock History.