Trinity Football 2008

JFK

Bright yellow, green or white......2008 Rocks will win their 19th. Nobody, I mean nobody will stand in their way this year in obtaining another ring. Not saying they will go undefeated, but when the games mean something, they will win.

Can we announce to the 30,000+ fans in Sept. that this game does not mean anything and come back in December? Yes, you have beat us and Male by a play in the playoffs and have the rings but please stop disrespecting the rivalry game in Sept and calling it meaningless.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...I would never downplay our rivals.

Agreed. Some of us remember a freezing cold evening in December 1997 when we got beat by one score in the game that "mattered" after winning the regular season matchup. It was humbling and I won't ever forget how that felt.

Can we announce to the 30,000+ fans in Sept. that this game does not mean anything and come back in December? Yes, you have beat us and Male by a play in the playoffs and have the rings but please stop disrespecting the rivalry game in Sept and calling it meaningless.[/QUOTE]

T

I don't know that any T backer has ever suggested such. Surely the vast vast majority of T faithful do not hold such a belief. Rather, it is two seperate "seasons." Afterall, it is one of the top high school rivalries in the nation. I think you may have miscontrued. We feel very bad after those September losses. In some small way we find some solace in the December victories.

For me I don't care if it was a football game, horse shoes or pickup sticks if it is an X guy I am playing against, I want to win(to be the best you should try to beat who you consider to be the best competiton). So yes the regular sesaon game still means a ton to me. To say that it does not or to even imply such is grounds for excommunication! Now buy a beer for Ox as an act of contrition.

For me I don't care if it was a football game, horse shoes or pickup sticks if it is an X guy I am playing against, I want to win(to be the best you should try to beat who you consider to be the best competiton). So yes the regular sesaon game still means a ton to me. To say that it does not or to even imply such is grounds for excommunication! Now buy a beer for Ox as an act of contrition.

Thanks....I could sure use one about now!! :lol: :thumb: :lol:

Can we announce to the 30,000+ fans in Sept. that this game does not mean anything and come back in December? Yes, you have beat us and Male by a play in the playoffs and have the rings but please stop disrespecting the rivalry game in Sept and calling it meaningless.

30,000+ says this game means reunion time, party time, etc... I think X vs T game is in October this year, so I'm sorry if you thought I meant the regular season game is meaningless. This game helps prepare T to win the final game of the season. Again I say, T will win their 19th, hands down.

I agree, just from the X side. But the best part of the rivalry is when T or X loses to each other, they find it in themselves to cheer for their cross town rival in the next game. In all sports as well. I didn't do that as a student, but Catholic pride get stronger with age. :thumb:

I agree, just from the X side. But the best part of the rivalry is when T or X loses to each other, they find it in themselves to cheer for their cross town rival in the next game. In all sports as well. I didn't do that as a student, but Catholic pride get stronger with age. :thumb:
I agree!

• 4 months later...
As long as Coach Beatty is at Trinity the string of Championships could go on forever, he just gets the most out of the talent that he has. I understand that the Freshman class is loaded from top to bottom from kids through the CSAA Football system. I think the defense will be very good from the line to the Safety. On Offense, the QB is doing fine, backfield with be even better than last year, and the offensive line which lost four starters, three of which were two years starters will start a bit slow but they will be just fine as the season goes on, there is allot of talent there just a bit unexpierenced. The kicking game is one we may have to worry about, but nobody ever said it was going to be easy. Go Rocks and win #19 and be the first four-peat team in Rock History.

Nice pre-season assessment from July. I hope the last sentence is accurate as well.

Defensively Trinity should be as talented as any group to ever wear the green and white. Front line, LBs, DEs, secondary are all talented and experienced. Offensively the OL will need work but will come together nicely within a couple of weeks into the season. Having the center returning will be a big plus. Of course, Tim Philips will be a handful for every team Trinity plays and Scott Radclif will have an awesome year at receiver. Cameron Smyth will have a great year leading the Rocks to #19.

My dad said it several years ago, that if teams didn't beat the Rocks then, their chances will be less and less with each successive year. I agree with him and I don't think any other program combines the coaching, work ethic, organization, focus and talent that Trinity does. Good luck to the Rocks and go get #19.

This guy must have a crystal ball.