Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/Dixie Predictions

What will be the outcome of this contest 98 members have voted

  1. 1. What will be the outcome of this contest

    • Beechwood
      77%
      76
    • Dixie
      22%
      22

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

With Dixie graduating the mainstay of last years offence, I see this one going to theTigers.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game, but I think Beechwood will win this one. Their conditioning and two a days always give our boys the second half advantage. That is what helped us win over Dixie and other opponents last year We wore them down.

 

Can't wait, kickoff is 3 1/2 days away!

Beechwood 28-0.

Opener at Beechwood!!!!!! B-wood by 14!

I like the Tigers in this one, Dixie lost some quality players, and I think the Bwood experience will help them out in this one.

 

Beechwood 35

Dixie 14

Should be a good game, but I think Beechwood will win this one. Their conditioning and two a days always give our boys the second half advantage. That is what helped us win over Dixie and other opponents last year We wore them down.

 

Can't wait, kickoff is 3 1/2 days away!

 

I don't think conditioning will be a factor this year like it was last year. From what I understand, Dixie finally changed their practices and conditioning program. However, I think there is too much inexperience on the Colonels sideline to pull off the win.

The Red Colonels just do not have the horses up front to handle Beechwood this year. Beechwood by a couple of TDs. Hope I'm wrong.

You know I'm so tired of hearing about Dixie's offense last year when the "D" won most of the games for them.. Give them credit where credit is due.:fire:

You know I'm so tired of hearing about Dixie's offense last year when the "D" won most of the games for them.. Give them credit where credit is due.:fire:

 

Their D won't win this one for them. If Dixie tackles like they did last weekend, they will get crushed. Beechwood will run wild. Dixie's offense is also way behind the curve at this point. However, if they can tackle, their special teams are very good right now and they can win a field position battle. However, their offense is just too weak at this point. Once everything jells, like it always seems to at Dixie, they have enough athletes to be good.

I guess I didn't see the same Beechwood team that everyone is talking about. I was at the HHS/Beechwood scrimmage and the tigers never even got in the end zone. I know it's apples and oranges comparing 1A Beechwood against 5A powerhouse Highlands, but Dixie is 5A too. I think no matter how many new people Dixie has, all they have to do is key on I think his number was 44 in the scrimmage for Bwood. He is pretty amazing. I was not impressed with much else. This is not a knock against Beechwood, just stating factual statistics that were collected in my pre-season research.

You know I'm so tired of hearing about Dixie's offense last year when the "D" won most of the games for them.. Give them credit where credit is due.:fire:

 

What games were you watching? The problem was the "D" gave up as many or more points as their offense was scoring. Believe me, I hate to criticize Dixie's team but I have to be truthful here.

I guess I didn't see the same Beechwood team that everyone is talking about. I was at the HHS/Beechwood scrimmage and the tigers never even got in the end zone. I know it's apples and oranges comparing 1A Beechwood against 5A powerhouse Highlands, but Dixie is 5A too. I think no matter how many new people Dixie has, all they have to do is key on I think his number was 44 in the scrimmage for Bwood. He is pretty amazing. I was not impressed with much else. This is not a knock against Beechwood, just stating factual statistics that were collected in my pre-season research.

 

 

The BHS/HHS scrimmage is the same every yr w/the exception of maybe one yr. Scrimmages mean absolutely nothing except for the coaches to see who has the guts and who don't and time to make adjustments. BHS always comes out fine after that scrimmage.

 

BHS wins easy! If you have lived in NKY for a while you should know that the class a team is means nothing to BHS. They know they put their uniforms on just like the other team.

I don't think conditioning will be a factor this year like it was last year. From what I understand, Dixie finally changed their practices and conditioning program. However, I think there is too much inexperience on the Colonels sideline to pull off the win.

 

 

Don't think conditioning was the nail in the coffin in this game last year. As you remember the temps were extremely high the first week of season. As a matter of fact, this game was moved from Friday night to Saturday morning. What hurt Dixie were a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter.

Don't think conditioning was the nail in the coffin in this game last year. As you remember the temps were extremely high the first week of season. As a matter of fact, this game was moved from Friday night to Saturday morning. What hurt Dixie were a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter.

 

I'd have to say those big plays were a result of a tired defense. Dixie was dragging late into the 3rd and all through the 4th. Dixie players were gasping for air while the Beechwood players still looked fresh. There were quite a few missed tackles late from players that typically don't miss.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.