Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Baseball

Featured Replies

I heard there were about 45-50 trying out for the team this year. The numbers are increasing in the right direction. This is a positive sign for the Birds. Keep up the good work coaches!:thumb: Highlands does not have a Freshman Baseball Team.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there were about 45-50 trying out for the team this year. The numbers are increasing in the right direction. This is a positive sign for the Birds. Keep up the good work coaches!:thumb: Highlands does not have a Freshman Baseball Team.

 

How many freshmen?

With those numbers they can't field a freshman team ?

I heard there were about 45-50 trying out for the team this year. The numbers are increasing in the right direction. This is a positive sign for the Birds. Keep up the good work coaches!:thumb: Highlands does not have a Freshman Baseball Team.
Excellent turn out and will help the future, of the JV and Varsity program.

 

As with any school, finding the resources to fund for equipment, uniforms, coaches and others aspects, is a key to having any program. The passion for the game, is there on the staff and players will benefit, from the instruction they will receive at Highlands.

 

It will take the support of players, parents, businesses, administration and all related, to continue the groundwork in place. I wish them the very best.

Excellent turn out and will help the future, of the JV and Varsity program.

 

As with any school, finding the resources to fund for equipment, uniforms, coaches and others aspects, is a key to having any program. The passion for the game, is there on the staff and players will benefit, from the instruction they will receive at Highlands.

 

It will take the support of players, parents, businesses, administration and all related, to continue the groundwork in place. I wish them the very best.

 

I'm sure the coach would appreciate the nice post....:ylsuper::ylsuper:

  • Author
How many freshmen?

 

Not sure.

  • Author
I'm sure the coach would appreciate the nice post....:ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

He deserves much of the credit. He truly has "passion" for the kids and the sport.

That does sound like a great turn out. Just think if all the players came out that could contribute immediately and don't because of, uuuhhh, other commitments. Yeah, commitments! I know of two kids that would be top pitchers in the region if they came out and played. Too bad though because they really don't need the extra "training" at their other sport to achieve their real goal at the next level. They are going to get there with or without 10 days of "spring" training. That's alright, more time for others to excel at baseball.

That does sound like a great turn out. Just think if all the players came out that could contribute immediately and don't because of, uuuhhh, other commitments. Yeah, commitments! I know of two kids that would be top pitchers in the region if they came out and played. Too bad though because they really don't need the extra "training" at their other sport to achieve their real goal at the next level. They are going to get there with or without 10 days of "spring" training. That's alright, more time for others to excel at baseball.

 

Good points, but let's face it, when you go to HHS you know what they're about. It's probably not only the 10 days but also the 3 hours per day, 3 days a week running, drills and lifting that would also be missed. It would be nice if the baseball team could start pulling some of that other talent. From what I've heard, if anyone can do it, these coaches can.

Can someone post a schedule for the Birds this spring? Who are some of the players to look out for this year?

Can someone post a schedule for the Birds this spring? Who are some of the players to look out for this year?

 

 

March 15 Beechwood Away 1:00 Scrimmage

18 Campbell Co. Away 5:00 Scrimmage

24 Pendleton Co. Home 5:00

26 Bellevue Home 5:00

27 Campbell Co. Away 5:00

28 Conner Away 5:00

29 Silver Grove Home 12:00

31 Bishop Brossart Away 5:00

April 2 NCC Home 5:00

3 Cov Cath Away 5:00

4 Newport Away 5:00

5 Oak Hills Away 1:00

7 Scott Away 5:00

8 Campbell Co. Home 5:00

10 Boone Co. Home 5:00

14 Lloyd Away 5:00

15 Pendleton Co. Away 5:00

16 St. Henry Home 5:00

19-20 Doc Morris TBA TBA

21 Holy Cross Home 5:00

22 Beechwood Home 5:00

24 Holmes Away 5:00

25 Holy Cross Away 7:00

28 Calvary Christian Home 5:00

29 Bellevue Away 5:00

30 Ryle Home 5:00

May 2 Simon Kenton Home 5:00

5 Conner Home 5:00

6 Dixie Heights Away 5:00

7 Boone Co. Away 5:00

9 Milford Home 5:00

10-11 Coach Jim Conner Classic TBA TBA

12 Scott Home 5:00

13 Beechwood Away 5:00

15 Ryle Away 5:00

That does sound like a great turn out. Just think if all the players came out that could contribute immediately and don't because of, uuuhhh, other commitments. Yeah, commitments! I know of two kids that would be top pitchers in the region if they came out and played. Too bad though because they really don't need the extra "training" at their other sport to achieve their real goal at the next level. They are going to get there with or without 10 days of "spring" training. That's alright, more time for others to excel at baseball.
Other commitments????? As a parent of a kid that played baseball thru the 8th grade and now is a sophomore. How do parents that have kid's that no longer play baseball but are feeling that their son is missing another opportunity. Do you force the kid to play???? It seems that some kids just don't want to play baseball as a past time. I know I miss it, I just wished he missed it as much as I do?
Other commitments????? As a parent of a kid that played baseball thru the 8th grade and now is a sophomore. How do parents that have kid's that no longer play baseball but are feeling that their son is missing another opportunity. Do you force the kid to play???? It seems that some kids just don't want to play baseball as a past time. I know I miss it, I just wished he missed it as much as I do?

 

I along with many more wish he(they) missed it as much also. I don't know about forcing, but encouraging may be the right word. Highlands isn't in the position to have top qaulity athletes not playing multiple sports because they want to concentrate on one because they feel they will be left behind on the field if they don't participate in other sports. HHS just doesn't have the numbers. It's just not true for the boys I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if they are in an extra 10 spring practices for them to progress to the next level. They are just that gifted and good for them. You may not agree with me but that's my opinion.

 

I've been told before over and over that HHS wished there wasn't spring ball, because it does just that, takes away from spring sports, but they are not going to not participate if it's available either. I guess in time, parents and kids will figure it out.

I along with many more wish he(they) missed it as much also. I don't know about forcing, but encouraging may be the right word. Highlands isn't in the position to have top qaulity athletes not playing multiple sports because they want to concentrate on one because they feel they will be left behind on the field if they don't participate in other sports. HHS just doesn't have the numbers. It's just not true for the boys I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if they are in an extra 10 spring practices for them to progress to the next level. They are just that gifted and good for them. You may not agree with me but that's my opinion.

 

I've been told before over and over that HHS wished there wasn't spring ball, because it does just that, takes away from spring sports, but they are not going to not participate if it's available either. I guess in time, parents and kids will figure it out.

Ask Derek Smith if he maybe spent a little more time in the weight room in high school would that have help him at the next level???

Ask Derek Smith if he maybe spent a little more time in the weight room in high school would that have help him at the next level???

What does Derek Smith have to do with Baseball. He could of or should i say would of lifted during Baseball if he thought that it might of helped him at the next level. But we're talking about someone who thought his talent would get him by alone. So in your kids situation and we're not talking about whether the football coach can see if your kid fits a certain position or not. That might be okay for a imcoming sophmore or junior who didn't see the field much last year. But we're talking about your kid along with some pretty sure thing starters. Dale already knows where these kids are going to play next year. Does spring football help, sure it does. It's a no-brainer!!!! But until your kid along with the other group of football player that already know their future at Highlands stand up and say We're playing baseball!!!!! this topic is never going away.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.