Everything posted by FamilyTradition
-
Favorite Highlands Football Moment (Play)
Johnny Bankamper's td against CovCath in the playoff's in 1982. I wasn't involved but it seem to be one of the most climatic td's to end a game for a Bluebird victory.
-
Mr. Football 2008
That's funny right there. (coming into Ky)
-
Conner 67 Boone County 57
Is that you Coach Tackett??????? Just a joke.
-
Coaching Salaries
It should be public record how much head coaches make. Wouldn't this be in the school's budget????
-
Highlands Baseball
Sweep was a fine athlete growing up. I believe he played all 3 sports thru his freshmen year. I think he gave up the round ball after the freshmen season. He almost played 4 yrs of baseball and had a great 4 yrs of hs. football. He played football in college. Now Tdyballgame, I thought he only played 4yrs. of football, maybe I'm wrong. And as for you I'm not sure what you did in high school? So could you tell me what kind of cloth that was ????
-
Highlands Baseball
Maybe I'm to blame. I've used Derek as a reason to work hard at the things you want to become. I saw a special athlete in Derek and what happens when you don't work yourself to the fullest. Now I got a son that lifts and runs with the football team for three hrs. M-W-F and usually stays another hr. with a few others.
-
Highlands Baseball
I was thinking Derek Smith but after your reply you maybe right!!!
-
Highlands Baseball
A little trivia ? Who was the last 3 sport star at HHS????
-
Highlands Baseball
Ask Derek Smith if he maybe spent a little more time in the weight room in high school would that have help him at the next level???
-
Highlands Baseball
Other commitments????? As a parent of a kid that played baseball thru the 8th grade and now is a sophomore. How do parents that have kid's that no longer play baseball but are feeling that their son is missing another opportunity. Do you force the kid to play???? It seems that some kids just don't want to play baseball as a past time. I know I miss it, I just wished he missed it as much as I do?
-
CovCath and Coach Listerman
I played for Coach Listerman at Highlands in the late 70's as a freshmen. There wasn't a better man on the court or off the court. I hated to see him leave when he did, he was made right out of the mold of Coach Shields.
-
There's not enough talk about Highlands football going on around here...
Those of you that are football junkies will get your fix in about 2 months with spring ball. After spring ball it seems like no time and then 7 on 7 starts. It's not as far off as you might believe.
-
Highlands and Beechwood Honored on Fountain Square
If your going to watch the Highland's highlight tape you better pack your lunch because it's about 2.5 hrs. long! Have fun and enjoy, it truly was a great season!
-
Highlands Banquet
Henry, the avatar looks familiar. What side of the family is he from. I've heard Ln. tell people he's got a trophy wife so it must be from his side.
-
Highlands Banquet
Speaking of off season, do you think 3 hrs. of weights and running every M-W-F is a lot of time. This is what these same senior's went thru for the last 4 yrs. I know of a few jrs. to be that spend another hr or so after the team's done this year.
-
Highlands Luke Stein Commits To..
Congrats Luke! What a great role model this young man has become. Good luck!
-
Clay Cecil's a RACER
A well deserved scholarship, Congrats Clay!
-
Alex Hempfling chooses UNION
Congrats Alex. Where is Union?? I thought it was in Barborville Ky?
-
HHS Clay Cecil Picks Up Offer
Congrat's to Clay for a well deserved offer to continue his football career. Besides being a great athlete he is even a better person!
-
Strongest returning players for 2008
Today's the first offical day for winter weight's at Highland's. Looking forward to the boy coming home and listening how Dale tried to kill them during there running drill's. They usually have a lot of garbage cans scattered throughout the gym. I hope they have a good turnout.
-
Problems with All-State Teams
Maybe that's why there waiting ?
-
2007 Courier-Journal All-State Team
Congrat's to all that made this team. Just a few fun fact's. St. X places 6 def. and 4 off. players to the list. Trinity puts 3 off. and 6 def. players on the list. Highland's puts 4 honorable mention on off. and 1 st team and 1 honorable mention to the def.
-
Who was the best high school football team you've seen this year?
I have to agree with these two teams.
-
2008 Highlands schedule????
I'm hearing that Colerain may be replacing Trottwood for next year? I heard this from a few players so I'm not real sure on the info.
-
Top 5 teams in KY...what say you?
Do you want to be a big fish in a little pond, or a little fish in a big pond? I know at HHS how it is!