Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RebelK

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RebelK

  1. :confused: :confused: No they're still in the same place they've been since 1963:lol: :lol: Actually I think that we have seen the last of what Boyle was under Smith. I do hope these kids do well this year but I just can't see it under the current coaching staff. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong and I do so hope that will be the case.
  2. And what a game he had:thumb: If that is the second string QB, I'd hate to see the first string QB. I just love to see a kid come off the bench and prove himself. :thumb: :thumb: I watched the game on TV and was very impressed with MC. Danville will be just fine they always are - or at least they are with us:irked: :lol: I don't ever want to say anything bad about any kid but why am I not impressed with Macon? Could someone please tell me what everyone sees in this kid and what I'm not seeing. I think the Simon kid will be someone you will hear alot about this year.
  3. They just don't come much better than the Warrior fans:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Yea it would be just great when they came to town but then we'd have to turn around and go to their house - and you know what you hear about "those" people up there;) :lol: :lol:
  5. I think this would be great - who do you need to talk to about it? Then everyone can come to my house to party!!!!!!!
  6. May God welcome him into his loving arms and may his family and friends find comfort in God's wonderful grace.
  7. Heard the same from a good source and I just have to say - about time.:thumb: :thumb: Pardue is one of the best on calling plays and I'm just sorry he didn't take this over last year and put the other one on the bench.
  8. Well Rebel you had me all excited there for a moment when I read the title of your thread (Boyle County to get a new look next season).....then it was just about the helmet:cry: :cry: I don't like the new helmet at all. I also am not quite smitten with the idea of special parking for people who pay $250. It's going to take a lot more than a new helmet and special parking to clean up the mess from last year.
  9. Good Luck to Josh. Not only is he a good football player that any coach would be lucky to have on his team, he is also a nice young man. It's a shame that a lot of Boye's seniors were not given the opportunity to go on to college and play football, but as Josh said in the article, God just has other plans for each of them. I feel sure Josh wil make his family, his friends and his high school proud of him. I wish him the very best and may his time at college be all he hopes it will be.
  10. I have heard that they are accepting donations in order to help with their championship rings. Is this true? If so, where would someone send their money to and to who's attention? Our family feels so blessed that our boys have the opportunity to wear championship rings and we would like to help some other child do the same. If someone could please give me the information of where donations are to be sent, I would truly appreicate it.
  11. :thumb: I can still see those two men, who made me so mad that year we were there, sitting on the fourth row up on the right of the page:irked: :irked: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. I don't have an answer to that question. I just don't think that herding children through a line to get a physical is a good idea either. I also know that a physical doesn't include any tests that would "hopefully" detect any abnormalies in a heart but even if they were done, you can't be 100% sure. I just feel that a child's doctor, who has more knowledge of the child than a strange doctor does, should be the one making the decision on whether a child can play or not. I suppose the reason they do these "drive thru" physicals is the one you stated above, but I still don't like it and I don't think it's a good way to determine if a child is healthy or not.
  13. I truly do not know enough about the situation to make any comment. What I have a big problem with is some schools (Boyle being one) has one night a year that they do sports physicals. A bunch of teachers and nurses get togther and perform physicals on lots of kids at one time. Even though I think this is a wonderful thing to offer, I can't help believe that they are doing the child an disservice. If you do that many physicals on that many kids at one time, I don't see how they can make a good judgement on whether that child is fit to perform a sport or not. Our family has never done this. We have always felt that it was best for the doctor who has seen our children on a regular basis to do the physical and base his opinion on whether they can perform a sport on everything he knows about our child. Now I understand that doing a mass screening for physicals is cheaper for the parents but let's face it, when it comes to your child's health, money shouldn't be a reason for allowing a doctor, other than you own, to do your child's physical. It's an awesome responsiblilty to put your child's health in the hands of a coach or a manager. Heat problems aside, you can't expect any school personnel to know your child better than you and let's face it, as LTW said, some conditions are there without anyone's knowledge and it may take years for them to show themselves. I feel just horrible for this child's parents but sometimes we just have to understand a situation and stop trying to make someone else responsible.
  14. If I am wrong, please correct me, but is is my understanding that Davis did most of the Offensive calling this past year. Pardue has such a great talent for that, I can't quite figure out why he doesn't do more of it. I have to also agree with a poster above, the field was the least of their troubles this past year.
  15. I cannot understand why a man who has such talent in callling the offense plays would release it to someone who I think isn't qualified to make the calls. I am not trying to be negative about the OC now but let's face it, Pardue is one of the best. I have to agree with Rebel and say that there cannot be the distractions for this upcoming team as it was this past season. Someone needs to realize the talent and use it correctly. I agree with Super when he says that the coaching has got to make a change. If you have a coach/coaches that cannot work with kids, then they don't need to be there. Boyle county had the talent this past season but I do not think that it was used correctly.
  16. You are correct Rebel - Smith did do away with individual awards. I really wasn't talking about them giving away that award again, I was saying that I think it still should be on display and it isn't. I looked for it and that award is no where in the display - or at least it wasn't the last time I looked. I asked the AD and he said that he wasn't sure where it was, perhaps in the back hall, perhaps put away. Anyway, it isn't there and I really think it should be on display somewhere.
  17. I will never understand why they took the Robert Allen Yankey award out of the case and stuck it "goodness knows where". I asked about it one day and they acted as if I was talking about something they had never heard of. Which they probably hadn't. I explained what it was and they just said that they had no idea where it was. I guess you would have had to have lived those years to understand why he was so important to this school. If they would only bring it back and each year explain to the team what he was all about, perhaps ---- well just perhaps.:cry:
  18. :thumb: :thumb: I really don't know a kid on this list but then again, I don't think I have to. I would only assume that the people putting together this list gave it much thought and consideration, and thank goodness it wasn't me. If I had nominated someone it would have been a nomination from my heart and even I am smart enough to know that my nomination wouldn't stand up to the obvious talent that was chosen. I am just thrilled and honored that I got to witness such a talented group of kids that I got to see play this year. I commend each and every football player and every football coach in the state of Kentucky. I wish the best for each of them in whatever this coming season brings to them.
  19. Must we? We got throught his year and my greatest wish is that everyone and I do mean everyone, learned a lesson this past season. I can't speak for every senior, but I can assure you that not all seniors thought that just because they put on the black and gold meant that they were going to win. I know one of those seniors who worked his rear off to be on that field and I just can't let anyone take that away from him. I wish next years team the very best.
  20. So who votes for this - coachs or sportswriters?
  21. Takes a good man to be a good coach and if he ever stoops so low as to cuss a child he can't be classified as either.
  22. My kids do!!!!! Now not as often as you would a regular watch but this just isn't "any" watch and they don't want to take a chance of messing it up but yes, they do wear it.
  23. Great win for your kids and I know they are looking forward to getting their rings. So if a Rebel fan can jump in here for just a bit. You are correct, the KHSAA does not provide the rings. Our boosters and parents paid for all 5 of ours. The kids got together and picked out the design they wanted - they were sized and then their rings and the rings for all involved (mangers, coaches, etc. etc. - I counted around 90 something one year) and were presented to them at a ceremony that, IMO, was just great a few months after their wins. As runners up our kids were presented with a really nice watch with a wonderful face on the watch saying that they were runners up. I know that some people don't think that a piece of jewelry is that important but these kids that play their hearts out for our entertainment and to come away the best in their class for a state championship deserves something. I just hope that all the seniors in the state that has already had their senior pictures taken will be able to go back and have a few more taken with their rings on their fingers!!!! We look back at our kids senior pictures and their favorite pictures are the ones with their rings on their fingers and their watch on their arms. What a wonderful memory for kids to have for the rest of their lives!!!! I truly hope that all the kids who made it to the state will always remember this special time in their lives with pride for what they all accomplished. Good luck to all of you in the future and may you all have as much success with your life as you have had this year with your football endeavors.:thumb:
  24. Thanks guys......boy they had quite a long trip. Did they come into town last night or today?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.