Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RebelK

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RebelK

  1. From what I heard in the stands, some of the cheerleaders were on vacation and couldn't make the game. I will be quite on what I think about that becaues what I heard might not be the true reason they weren't there. I will agree with DaddyPete "a little"...it was a semi-ugly win but a win is a win and we'll take one of those anytime. Marion County has a solid football team. They put a team on that field that any school would be proud to have. I think they are a well coached group of kids and no one should question how good they are by the score of last nights game. Now on to RebelK's take on this game. Our defense rocked tonight. This defense is as solid as solid can be. Our defensive line is as good as I've seen all year long. Offense No quarterback could ask for any more time to throw the ball than this line gives this QB. I will leave my thoughts there. It wouldn't take a very smart coach, on the other team, to figure out that at least 2 or the 4 calls from BC is going to be a certain kid right up the middle. Now before I say anything else on this subject, let me say that Stevens is a fine football player. He plays with as much heart as anyone could ask of a kid. He never stops running until he is covered up with half of the other team. He will run anywhere he is asked to run and he is so much fun to watch. Now that being said, it doesn't take a coach, from the other team, too awfully long to figure out what he is going to tell his defense to do - target the middle. Perhaps we need to come up with a few more plays for this offense. Special Team We decided last night that we would love to give Ben Carter the MVP of this game. What punts!!!!! If I counted correctly, and perhaps I didn't, this kid laid down 3 to 4 punts right inside the 5 yard line. I believe that most of them were on the 1 yd line. :ylsuper: Fans Oh what can you say about the fans? I'm not sure what poster it was that said there were about 200 fans there, but he was just being kind. It's kinda like watching rats jump off a sinking ship. Now if these kids put together a run this late in the season, the jumpers will all crowd back in there and yack their heads off about how great this team is. I really don't call those people fans. A true fan is someone who is there whether they are winning or losing and loves these kids no matter what!!! Cheering????? What are you talking about - I think some people think it's against the law to jump up and scream. I think it's kinda funny to stand there and scream and yell your heads off and just have plain old fun and watch the faces on the people who wouldn't stand up if their life depended on it. They will turn around and give you such a look, such as to say, "please be quite and sit down, you are disturbing me". Well I've never been known to be quite and I sure won't start now. Sorry that I went on so long but obviously I just now got warmed up from last nights game and my mouth thawed out:D I am as proud of this team as I can possibly be. They have gone throught a lot this year. No home games for the first month of the season. Problems inside the locker room, that hopefully is worked out now. Rats jumping off the sinking ship. But they have to know that the faithful will be there for them and we will be as proud of you this year as the years when this team brought home the rings.:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
  2. OOps......All joking aside, there isn't a finer man in Boyle county than DaddyPete. I heard the same birdie about Tamme but I don't know if that is correct or not. I hope it's true because that would mean that he is all healed up and that would be great for him!!!!
  3. No you weren't the young man I was talking about but since I happen to think the world of you...I will put you in that catagory:thumb:
  4. I predict that RebelK will be one cold woman:D The score really doesn't matter as long as each kid gives it his all:thumb: Just in case some young man is reading this I, want to go on the record, and tell him that I have always been proud of him, and this season and how he has conducted himself, has only made me even prouder. :thumb: :thumb: Let's go to Marion County and let's all hope that it's a good game and that every kid on that field comes home without any injuries.
  5. And it's amazing what a little discussion amongs themselves will do to help a bunch of kids. Perhaps they needed to know that "they" the players are in this together. Sometimes everyone has to give a little bit on both sides.....after all it's in the best interest of all involved to show a little bit more respect both ways.:thumb:
  6. There is no negative attitude in this household. Believe it or not, this is not talked about in our house. Our first thought has always been - what is best for the kids and I hope that from this time forward, that will also be the first thought from everyone. Life always give your hurdles to overcome and I pray that this is just a small hurdle that these kids and everyone involved can get over.
  7. Again, NOPE. My hope is that this situation will right itself soon and this team can get back on track. I will say this and anyone who knows me knows this is the truth. I have never said a word against this team or the coaches in all these years. I've had a brother who stood the sidelines for 4 years and never once did I or any of our family say one word to a coach. Why not? Because we knew that there were better players on the team. I watched my nephew stand the sidelines most of his time at Boyle county and nothing was said. Why? Because we knew there were better players than him. This is not about who is playing and who isn't. This is not about the record. This is all about the kids and again, no matter what anyone says, that is exactly what it is about. Hopefully, everyone can get it together and work out the problems and I truly pray that people will start to understand that this is a kids game for kids. It is not about us the fans and not about the parents. If anyone thinks that we (our family) is concerned about a record, then they don't know us as well as they thought they did. We would never put a game ahead of a child, never have and never will.
  8. If it was a simply case of parents being upset at the record then it would be embarassing to the BC community. Since it isn't that simple, then it isn't embarrassing to the BC community or it isn't to this poster. I think that people need to understand that it isn't about a win loss situation. Oh you might hear that it is, but it isn't. I've known for a long time that there is way more things important in life than a game and I hope that the right people start to understand that also. I would hope that before people continue to yell "foul on the parents, team and fans", they would take the time to hear from all that is involved - the players. I would also hope that as parents, people would put themselves into the situation that some of these parents find themselves in, and then come back and let them know what you think.
  9. I noticed this also. Mason came over the the sidelines and it looked as if his arm was limp and it looked like another kid was planning on going in for him, but Mason waved him off. This showed me that this kid, Mason, really wants to play. I was very impressed with Mason's play. I think he will be big plus in Boyle county's future. What I love about this kid is that he isn't afraid to take a hit.
  10. I in no way meant for you to think that I thought anything different than what your post said. If you misunderstood, me I am truly sorry. I actually was agreeing with you - with just a little bit added:D
  11. Or perhaps don't punish all the kids for a few of the kids and don't lump them all together when you are telling the world just how bad they are. There is nothing any worse than hearing how bad you are, if you are in fact working your tail off. When is all said and done, these kids will work this out to suit them. For those of them who aren't practicing, and if they want to play, maybe they'll start working harder. For those kids who are currently working their tails off, they will continue to do so. I think this week will tell the tale of what is to come. No one should ever expect more than what they work hard for. There are no free rides in life and there shouldn't be on the football field. Just don't make all of them feel low in order to make a point to others. LTW, it was great meeting you and commando Friday night. I hope your team continues with their winning ways:thumb:
  12. Now who on earth would that crazy lady be:sssh:
  13. If there were three children in a room, and one of those children did something wrong - would a parent punish all three of the children? The answer to that question is no. I think that bottom line to all of these discussions is this - why punish everyone for what some are not doing? If a kid isn't holding up his end at practice and in the game, then as the coach, he should make the decision to bench that kid and put someone in who wants to play. I know for a fact that there were some kids on that varsity line who have played their hearts out; and they were also benched. There are some things in life that are right and there are some that are wrong. To put all of those kids on the sideline was just flat out wrong. If a statement is needed, please make that statement; but make that statement to the ones who need it, and don't make all of them pay. I've watched this team for over 30 years, and our family has had the honor of having 5 of our family play for this team. Never in all these years have I felt the need to ask WHY; but I do ask that question now. If you tell kids long enough and often enough that they are bad and have no talent, they will begin to start believing it. I truly hope that all of this can be put behind us, and a new chapter started on monday. I hope these kids can hold up their heads and continue to give this program, that they love so much, as much as they can. All you can possibly ask of anyone is to give as much as they can and try as hard as they can. If a kid that we love so much continues to do that, then we will never ask any more of him.
  14. MrRk and I are hoping to be at this game also. I said I'd never be back at Highlands again in my life a few years ago - little did I know that I would be and believe it or not - cheering for Highlands:D Life is strange;)
  15. I just knew you would beat me to post first in this thread:D They just don't come any better than Steven(IMO). He is always fair to both teams and Boyle County is very lucky to have such a fine man to call their football games:thumb:
  16. There would never be any hard feelings for SW and their great fans from this household. SW played a heck of a ballgame. I have always had such respect for their team and for their fans. My best wishes to all of you for continued success this year.:thumb: :thumb:
  17. I can assure anyone that there are upperclassmen on this team who DO NOT EXPECT to play because of their age. There are kids on this team that have worked just as hard if not harder than anyone could ever ask a kid to work. I wouldn't persume to speak for every child on that team but I can speak on behalf of one. This kid played hurt most of the Mercer county game but he never once asked to come out of that game. This kid has practiced for 4 years in weather that most of us couldn't stand. This kid has gone in before school for weightlifting and after school for practice. This kid has done whatever has been asked of him without question. This kid gives no one any lip, never has and never will. The word "quitter" just can't be associated with him. A word that can be associated with him and a lot of these kids, is dedicated!!!!
  18. Spoiled - I will said that that is a given. But stick to a program that makes kids stop believing in themselves - Never. I've sat through seasons when there was never a game won, so believe me when I say, been there done that. This is not about losing a game, this is about kids losing faith in themselves and I am truly sorry if people don't understand this. We have a passion for winning seasons but I can only speak for myself, I have a passion for kids being made proud of what they are accomplishing - win or lose more.
  19. :thumb: :thumb: There are a lot of kids on this team that plays with so much heart and you only have to watch some of them to see this. The Hilton kid plays with as much heart as you could ask for in a kid and plays the game with such passion. I don't want anyone to misunderstand my problem. Boyle lost to a good team last night and SW deserves all the credit in the world for the game that brought to that field last night. No one will ever hear me say one bad thing about the SW team and their fans. I had the opportunity to meet LTW and Commando last night and they are what makes their fans so great to be around:thumb: :thumb:
  20. That statment is exactly what all of these players have been hearing all year long. There is talent in the upper class but if you hear all the time just how bad you are then you start to think it yourself. You don't give up a year football for some kids just to see what you can develop for the following years. I have a kid in the upper class and I can assure you that he has talent. He plays when he is hurt and never ask to come out of a game. He has busted his butt off practicing and playing his heart out for 4 years. He has done everything he has been told to do and he plays a heck of a game. So to say there is no talent at the upper class is saying that this kid is nothing and that just isn't a fair statement to make. There are kids on this team that love this game and would go over a cliff for their coach. The sad thing is that their coach wouldn't go over a cliff for them. He made a statement? Sure he did, a couple of times in the paper informing them "in a public statement", just how bad they are and how they have no spirit and have not been a guiding force for the underclassment. If you want to make a statement, please don't make it at the expense of some kids who truly love this team, they'd have to, or else they would have already walked and none of them have done that. Is this the worse team that Boyle has ever put on the field, not by a long shot and I've been there for over 30 years, so I feel I do know what I am saying. Is this the most unappreciated group of seniors on any Boyle team? In my eyes, yes. I don't know how these kids keep going week after week with all the bad things they hear about themselves. I am just so sorry that they have to end their senior year with this kind of situation. It has left a sour taste in my mouth that I just don't know will ever go away. The sour taste isn't the losses. The sour taste is the way these seniors have been treated and talked about in such unkind fashion.
  21. I will have to say that I haver never been as disappointed in my life as I was tonight. With the kids? Never. If anyone is wondering why these kids are playing the way they are, then review the thread above. Did I sit through the game? Yes. Did I wish I could just leave in a huff by what I saw taking place? yes. Please don't get me wrong. I will always be for our kids - win or lose. That has always been the case and I will never wavier from that. But tonight was just about as much as I could take. A friend told me that other day that he thinks that these kids (seniors) are the orphans and after tonight I can see why he said that. If you listened to everything that was said and if you read everything that is written in the paper, you'd think that all these seniors are is a bunch of not good for anything players and that is far from the truth. These kids have worked their tails off for 4 years and to be done the way they have been done is in IMO inexcusable. I will have to say this - you have to earn the respect that is demanded and it wouldn't hurt if sometimes that respect was returned to the kids on that field. It hurts my heart to watch these kids game after game leaving that field with that look on their faces. Maybe it's not the kids that are playing bad, maybe it's the calls that are being given to them. Maybe it's not the players on the field that is the problem, maybe it's the kids that aren't in the right positions on the field (or not there at all) that is the problem. A friend told me tonight that it wasn't the coaches that are fumbling the ball and it's not the coaches that are dropping the ball. That statement is true, but I've watched these kids for 4 years and I can tell you this much, these kids aren't this bad of players. Perhaps someone needs to find out exactly what the problem is and do something to fix it.
  22. :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa EVERYONE DO THE REBEL RUMBLE----- REBEL----RUMBLE :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa ON MY WAY THERE...SEE YA IN A BIT!!!!
  23. So since I feel sure I won't be allowed in your tent....would you dance with me outside of the tent - huh huh will ya please:lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana:
  24. I probably won't be allowed in Rebels tent:lol: :lol: We will be sitting there in the stands...so please come on up....Commando is coming also!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: We're having a party!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.