Best Radio Annoucer in High School

Radioboy74

We had the thread about "Homer". Now who is the best at his or her job?

I will toss out the name of Dan Manley WMST Montgomery County. (Dan keeps his own stats while doing play by play) also the PA annoucer uses Dans eyes to say what happens on the field. The PA annoucer can't see. Good guy that does a great job.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Bertram, the "Voice of the Rebels"! :thumb:

He was also voice of the Admirals from about 1984 till 1995 or so.

Steve has been doing Danville area sports since 1974.

I like Steve, too. I think he also covered some Centre College football on WHIR-Danville for a long time, too.

I like Steve, too. I think he also covered some Centre College football on WHIR-Danville for a long time, too.

He has and done a bang up job. I honestly believe had he pursued it he could have been network some day but Steve just seemed to want to stay in CKY for life and I thank him for it. :thumb:

He has and done a bang up job. I honestly believe had he pursued it he could have been network some day but Steve just seemed to want to stay in CKY for life and I thank him for it. :thumb:

I just knew you would beat me to post first in this thread:D They just don't come any better than Steven(IMO). He is always fair to both teams and Boyle County is very lucky to have such a fine man to call their football games:thumb:

Dickie Martin - Whe he calls a play by play you know excatly what is going on. I can do without some of his extra "homerisms" myself but he has earned that right as a second generation/long time Tomcat radio man. Martin is the best play by play that I have heard.

Steve Bertram, the "Voice of the Rebels"! :thumb:

He was also voice of the Admirals from about 1984 till 1995 or so.

Steve has been doing Danville area sports since 1974.

:thumb: Golden Pipes.....

Steve is the best of the best.

I often disagree with him, but Dickie Martin is a great play by play man. Not to mention that he can be an absolue riot and he is very entertaining.

He is at his absolute best when calling for the Schoolboy Network.