Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RebelK

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RebelK

  1. MrRk got invited to Papa John's last Friday and he got to eat free pizza, take a tour of the place, they gave him a cardinal(:scared: ) T-shirt but the most enjoyable part of his day was the cheerleaders;) :irked: I am just so happy that we don't play Highlands anymore because if this actually took place, I don't think he would be able to stand it. I will have to agree with another posters that if we lost that game at Highlands because of the cheerleaders then I think we need to rethink our pregame warm ups. I was there at that game and I can tell you that what beat us at that game was the Highland football players. I remember walking out of the stadium that night and the Highland players were walking into a place to the right of the road I was walking on. There was a lot of banging and yelling and this thought ran through my head....."It's it wonderful that we can live in a place where kids are still allowed to act like kids and how great it is that they are allowed to be so excited about acomplishing something this "big" in their lives. We didn't get beat by anything else that night except a better team. I will admit that I was "put out" with the way I felt I was treated last friday night but I never once thought that the "fans" that I had in my face was the reason we lost. The battles are fought on the field and that's where games or won or lost. So my point is this....let kids be kids and let the game be won or lost on the field. And I have to agree with Titletownclown.....this is probably a good place to close the thread:sssh:
  2. I hate to hear that any kid is hurt. My thoughts and prayers are with him. May he have a speedy recovery!!!!
  3. :thumb: :thumb: Ya know what I thought when those kids were walking up to me and shaking their fist in my face and screaming at me until my eardrums felt like they were going to burst? I thought, man if you were my kid I would take you back behind these bleachers and I would give you the thrashing of your life. I never thought for one minute that what I was subject do reflected upon the entire Mercer fans, I knew that these were ill mannered kids who had obviously not ever been taught any better. As for the people who sat down next to me and started to talk about our team....well just go figure why anyone would even want to do that. I can't speak for all the players on our team (oh I probably could but I won't) I can tell you this much, the one on that team that belongs to me would never ever be disrespectful to any team, coaches or refs. Not only was he taught better, he knows what he would get if he wasn't.:thumb:
  4. If he plays with the heart that his father played for Boyle County with then he will be just fine in whatever he takes on:thumb:
  5. The Hilton kid plays both defense and offense and IMO is a very good football player. I just wish everyone would give them a chance:thumb: :thumb:
  6. Whoa where to start;) I've already had my say about what I thought about the student body from Mercer so I will not rehash my thoughts on that one and I will not comment on the other schools. Now on to our players. Wow...I wasn't aware the we were all this bad. I've watched these kids play and I could have sworn that I've seen kids playing their tails off and to be quite honest, I thought they held their own against everyone except Henry Clay (and not a lot of people will be able to do that). People are calling these kids young and inexperience because that's what they are. When you have a team full of underclassmen that's not a team with a lot of experience. Now onto the QB position. Perry is not horrible, he may need to work on his form some and he might need to learn not to be scared to take a hit but he isn't horrible. This kid can put up a lot of yards but to call him horrible, IMO, just isn't a fair statement. I have to admit that there is a lot of people who don't understand why Tamme was pulled from the QB position and a lot of people don't like that decision but it was a decision that the coach made and both of these kids, Perry and Tamme, did what the coach requested and what they thought would be best for the team. I think that's what they call being a team player. I am not going to discuss kid by kid but I will tell you this. My kid is a senior on this team. He played the whole game hurt friday night and never came out of the game once. He is a mountain of cuts, scraps, bruises, hand hurt, shoulder hurt, leg hurt but he never came out of that game and he never once complained to any coach or a trainer about how bad he hurt. This tells me that there are kids, him and a lot more, who do care about what they are doing. They care about the game, they care about the team and they are playing as hard as humanly possible, and IMO they are showing their heart and determination everytime they take a field. If anyone cares to hear my opinion here's what I think. I think Boyle County fans have been spoiled for so long that they can't get pass the thought that this team is 4-1 and they can't seem to find anyone else to blame, so they are now taking it out on these kids and that just isn't fair. I don't always agree with what the plays that the coaches call but then the last time I looked I wasn't the coach. I hardly ever agree with the calls that the refs make;) but then I'm not wearing that striped shirt. But I do know one thing, these kids have played some really really good teams and they have played them down to the last minute. These kids have heart and if some people can't see it, then they just need to stop trying to coach this team and look at what is really happening out there on that field. I can bet everyone this much. If for some reason this team makes it through the district and go onto the playoffs, the people who have been blasting these kids will be the first ones in line at the games telling everyone (now) just how good they are. I, of course, will be there and I will just keep on appreciated these kids for all their heart and for all the hard work that they have done (win or lose).:thumb:
  7. You will never find a Boyle team that will not congratulate the other team for a well fought win. They, and true fans, will always give credit where credit is deserved. One of those players who played on the losing team belongs to me and he gave the Mercer players high credit for their game. He understands, because he was taught, that you can't always win but you never give up trying and you should always be gracious in your wins and your losses. He was taught this by his father, my brother, who also played for Boyle County. At my brothers last high school game, Danville put a whooping on them that was not pleasant but after the game he stood in the middle of Danville's squad, on the field, and congratulated each Danville player. My point is this, you should never leave the field and smack talk any player, winners or losers. Each of these kids play their tails off and all of them should be proud of what they have accomplished:thumb:
  8. First off - I can't quite figure out whether your avatar scares me or makes me laugh! :scared: :lol: Second of all - I do know that kids will be kids but I can't figure out why anyone would have allowed that to go on without stopping it. There was some police walking around and they just seem to act like they didn't see it. But I have had the weekend to settle down and I will just have to leave my horrible experience on the field (so to speak). I had a chance to talk to someone who was on that playing field Friday night;) and he told me that that Jackson was so quick you couldn't even see him when he got hold of the ball. I would like for everyone to know that I did not mean anything nor did I say anything negative against Mercer county's football team with my earlier comments about the sportsmanship. I think Mercer has a fine football team and they played a good game and deserved the win. I don't care what class they play in, I don't care what teams they play, I can tell you this much...they are the real deal:thumb: and should by all means be proud of their football team.
  9. Boyle County has played a hard schedule and to top it off, they have yet to have a home game. They have played some really good teams and they have never given up even in defeat. Boyle County has some excellent underclassmen and they will be a force when it comes their time. If Boyle County doesn't win another game this year it won't be because they haven't played their hearts off.
  10. Would that not just be too cool:D
  11. Thanks Super for the offer but trust me, I really didn't need protection:thumb:
  12. I don't think we've had any players going to Danville, who are they? What's going on at Boyle County? Oh, probably quite a bit:D Alot of what you said, and a little bit more.
  13. What I experienced was not good hearted teasing. It was some fans (mostly students) making a poor showing for their home team. I saw the same game you saw and I have not made and will not make any negative comments about the game and how it was played. I had a good seat in the stands and should not have had to be subjected to students coming up to the stands and yelling in our face. My point about the sidelines, IMO, should be taken serious. I do not ever think, no matter what the seating situation is, that fans should be allowed that close to the field. IMO, it's just asking for trouble from a lot of different angles. IMO, the only people that should be allowed that close is the people who NEED to be that close.
  14. Congrats to my Highland friends (who would have ever thought I'd say that:lol: ) Hopefully we will get to meet LTW and commando at our game in a few weeks.:thumb:
  15. I sat on the visitors side on the sidelines and it was a most unpleasureable experience. I just hope that the people in charge at Mercer will understand that this is not acceptable and will take the time to put a stop to this kind of behavior. It only makes it look bad for the team and for the people who have worked so hard to build up your football team. I don't know why they sat there either. When I asked them why, they replied, "cause we can". I know this much, as a Boyle County fan, if I ever see this kind of behavior from our students or fans, I will be the first person to talk to our AD and see that this does not ever happen again. Sometimes in life all you will be remembered for is your behavior and trust me when I say, I will always remember how I was treated. The true Mercer fans should never accept this as correct behavior and should see that it never happens again to anymore visiting fans.
  16. Before I say what I am going to say, let me say this. Boyle County got beat. I will not talk about our QB. I will not talk about bad calls. I will never think that I am such an expert in football to think that I can either coach a game or call a game. What I would like to say is this. Here in Boyle County/Danville we have had this "little" thing called a crosstown rivarly going on for a lot of years. A few weeks leading up to the game we all talk a little smack but never in a mean way. When I walked out of Danville stadium a few weeks ago after losing to Danville by 2 points, I walked with Danville fans and only once did I hear anyone say something unkind to me. I have been going to football games, all over the state, for over 30 years and I can truthfully say that never have I ever experience what I experience last night. I find it unacceptable that I was not allowed to go anywhere for the last few weeks without be subjected to mean smack talking. I find it unacceptable that I walked into an eating establishment in Harrodsburg before the game last night and had to listen to people talk to me the way they did. I find it unacceptable that I could not walk into the stadium at Mercer last night without having fans from Mercer County coming up to me and yelling into my face. I find it unacceptable that I could not sit in the stands, on the visitors side without having some of the student body coming up to the stands and yelling into my face. I find it unacceptable that I had Mercer fans sitting next to me in the stands (on the vistiors side) making fun of our players and yelling into my face. I find it unacceptable that the school allowed people (including Boyle fans) to stand and sit all around the sidelines, right next to the field (people this close is just asking for trouble). I find it unacceptable that I could not walk to my car without being yelled at. I truly hope that no one, who ever comes to our football field is ever treated the way I and some Boyle fans were treated. Before anyone takes the time to blast me for the above statement, please read my previous posts and you will find that I do not ever say anything like this. Mercer county has a fine football team. They have, from what I could see from the outside) a training facility that any high school would be proud to have. But if the kind of actions that I was subjected to last night continues to be allowed by the school, by the school administration and by the true fans, then people who come to play there will only come away with a horrible taste in their mouth. This takes nothing away from your football team and what they have accomplished and if they beat us, then they beat us and you will never hear me say anything other than that, but I wish I had never walked into that kind situation.
  17. My heart breaks when I read articles like this. I, of course, have no way of knowing what happened and wouldn't dare to make an observations one way or the other. I just pray that a game never becomes more important than a childs life.
  18. I can only hope so - cause I am already worn out from it:D
  19. :thumb: :thumb: Putting all the smack talking aside (where it belongs- and this most certainly isn't directed at you) You will find that "most" Rebel fans are always gracious win or lose. If you get beat by a better team, you just get beat. Some of us truly do understand that this is a game for the kids and the kids alone. Boyle County plays a hard game but they play fair and honest. So my wish is that this game is injury free for both teams and that all these kids get on the field and have a blast - win or lose:thumb:
  20. Hey, I'm always a neighborly kind of person but I'm just not feeling the love right now:D But Super and I aren't in the mood to talk are we super - we are in the mood to:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
  21. Super, we need to start our tailgating now and you need to stay out of other threads stirring up trouble. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  22. In our area people JUST love to refer to that as a "down year":D I can't predict this game, cause I have a good friend for HHS and one for PSW. Since I would never say anything against either one of them or their teams, I will be quite:thumb:
  23. OH we'll be there so early they will think we belong there:thumb:
  24. I don't know the situation but my prayers will be with your kids. I think that all of us should always, and I do, include each child that plays any sports and all the coaches that coach them (no matter what team they are on) in our daily prayers.
  25. I will be too - with bells on and yelling my beloved Rebels on:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: GO REBELS

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.