Southwestern @ Highlands... Predictions

jbwill2

This Friday, Highlands hosts Southwestern. HHS is coming off two back-to-back losses to Cincinnati Elder and Louisville Saint Xavier. Will these two tough games cause the 'Birds to be fatigued, or will they come out angry and hungry for a big win???

I'll say:

Highlands 48

Southwestern 21

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not into making predictions, but it will be nice playing someone "our size" after playing Elder and X. With the senior leadership on the Birds team, I doubt the Birds will be looking past Southwestern. In the first half of last year's game, they gave us all we could handle. We came out of the X game tired but healthy. After a few days "rest", I'm sure the legs will be back and the soreness dissipated by Friday. It would be foolhardy for the Birds to not take Southwestern seriously. We've played four really good games this year, and losing to Southwestern would take the luster off of those performances in a New York minute. With Conner and Owens back from their sabatticals, look for the Birds to come out fired up and ready to play. Will be interesting to see what tricks Coach Anderson has up his sleeves. He watched us scrimmage Beechwood and I'm sure he and his team will be ready for us. I know this: Southwestern will not come up here and just lie down because we beat Dixie and Connor and played Elder and X tough. Should be a good game and if the Birds aren't ready to play, they will go home Friday night extremely disappointed.

This Friday, Highlands hosts Southwestern. HHS is coming off two back-to-back losses to Cincinnati Elder and Louisville Saint Xavier. Will these two tough games cause the 'Birds to be fatigued, or will they come out angry and hungry for a big win???

I'll say:

Highlands 48

Southwestern 21

Hungry for a big win.

Highlands 44

Southwestern 20

HHS wins going away, 5-6 TD margin, no offense to PSW but HHS has lost two in a row and that's not too common for the boys of Ft Thomas, I think they'll be extremely fired up for this one.

In our area people JUST love to refer to that as a "down year":D I can't predict this game, cause I have a good friend for HHS and one for PSW. Since I would never say anything against either one of them or their teams, I will be quite:thumb:

In our area people JUST love to refer to that as a "down year":D I can't predict this game, cause I have a good friend for HHS and one for PSW. Since I would never say anything against either one of them or their teams, I will be quite:thumb:

I'm not going to be quite. Now lets make some noise.:banana: :banana: