Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RebelK

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RebelK

  1. We have a date with the same people. My family is hoping that they can come early enough and we can all meet in the parking lot and have a tailgate party. What do you say LTW???
  2. I look forward to watching my nephew play his senior year. I don't look forward to watching his last game.:cry: I want to see another championship ring in our family:banana: :banana: I look forward to all these kids who work so hard having a great year that is filled with fun and no injuries. :thumb:
  3. Yea you're correct (as usual) close enough to the 80's kinda scary isn't it since the marriage hasn't taken place yet (oh what will happen to my memory when it does):lol: From what I've seen from him is that he does have the passion for the game and the work ethics that his father had. Should be an interesting and fun year to watch these kids:thumb:
  4. This is true. I've recently heard that he's getting letters from some colleges. Let's hope that it all works out well for him. His father was a star for Boyle County in the 80's and it seems that he has some of his father's talent. Good luck to him!!!:thumb:
  5. A senior quarterback is always a big plus. We lost some good lineman but I think we will replace those with some really good lineman who got quite a bit of good playing experience last year. I think our biggest need is some good receivers.
  6. To my fellow Rebel fans and not Rebel fans what do you think about this years team? I know that we lost some really good players last year but I think we are going to field some really good players this year also.
  7. I've the question of why do you do this since it's so hard and the answer I get back each time I ask is , "because it's so much fun and the coaches are GREAT"!!!! Can't hardly beat that answer.:thumb:
  8. It could be because of employment in Boyle County (factory wise and such) but if you look at the athletes at Boyle County - it seems to me that we continue to have the same families on a continuous basis. That's not to say that we don't have new families but we seem to continue on with the same families generation after generation. My family is looking at kids playing now when their father played 30 years ago and their uncles even more years back than that. I think if you looked at the athletes you will find that there are kids in every sports that can say the same. It just seems to me that our families are established and that has to have something to do with our traditions. I hope that wasn't too much babble and helps with the question a little.
  9. No sane person would ever say that Chuck Smith "wasn't" the beginning factor in Boyle's success and continues to be in a weird sort of way. He instilled in these kids that they could win no matter what anyone said and that theory still plays out very well. It takes a special kind of coach to instill this feeling in kids and how very lucky that Boyle got the kind of coach. You can't kick out the thought that the support that kids get from their school and fans and the whole community doesn't help but you are correct when you say that it has to start with the coach and his staff and with kids that are willing to listen to the coach and believe him.:thumb:
  10. Not to make light of your question but I just don't see how Danville's success plays into Boyle's success - Danville has been successful for years and Boyle can't say that. So if Danville's success played into Boyle's then it would have happened a long time ago. Of course it could be said that it hasn't hurt that Danville is right across town and Boyle has seen what they have accomplished! Of course it could be said that it hasn't hurt that Danville is right across town!!!!!
  11. Coming from someone who has watched one of those linemen for a couple of years - I wouldn't be too shocked if I were some people that the line continues to perform the same way as always. As mentioned in another post this school has the support of everyone from the school on down to the fans in the stands! We may not be as dominate as in the past but we aren't going to be a team to sneeze at either.:thumb:
  12. We had a number of kids there (and I haven't seen the results that I'm interested in yet) but I did hear that the kids from Rockcastle were very impressive:thumb:
  13. Forget the new goal posts - I just think they should let me call each field goal that we attempt:lol: :lol:
  14. Ronnie Bottoms has worked so hard for this opportunity. He has a great love for the game and for his players. Here in Boyle County we call him and his family "good folks"!!!! He has a wonderful team of kids that will and have played the very best they can and now are going to the sweet 16:banana: :banana: On another note - I had a number of people tell me that they were so impressed with SW fans and players. Just goes to show you that you can get two sides together for a game and appreicate each other for how each acts. Again, a class act from SW:thumb:
  15. I know that some colleges have a football camp for high school kids. Does anyone have a list of the ones who do and what age you have to be to attend?
  16. What a wonderful thing to happen to a group of wonderful people!!!! I know that his family is very proud of him and rightly so. He comes from a good family and it doesn't hurt him that he comes from a great community and school that not only cares for their kids but for other kids in other schools. Good luck and I hope his time at Murray is a great one!!!!!
  17. Looks like all of our babies will be going to WKU :cry: :cry: :cry: If you have any money left over after you pay for your daughter - throw some this way!!!!!!!
  18. Can't speak for Danville (except I hope they take 1A next year) but Boyle County has a great and talented group of kids that will play next year. We will have some outstanding seniors next year that a lot of people will be hearing about!!!!!!
  19. I was amazed that Andrew Bertram wasn't chosen for First team. This kid can play both sides and play them well. He is/was the major asset of our team and to be left off I think was a slap. I don't know what the process is and I wouldn't want to be any of the people chosing but this was a big mistake IMO! :irked:
  20. Oh this is just great - Now I have someone I can really yell at in a few years......BRING IT ON!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
  21. :thumb: :thumb: As one fan told me yesterday - 281 days until kickoff. We are bringing back some great kids and I think they are going to be outstanding. What a great season they gave us and what fun they were to watch!!!!!! Thank goodness I didn't go into coaching as my profession :scared: :scared:
  22. If you want someone who is fair and honest with his calls. Someone who calls it as he sees it and someone who is professional then Steve Bertram is your man!!!!!!! Steve doesn't sugarcoat anything for any fans that are listening. I can truly tell you that if I miss a game, I can just listen to it on the radio and it's like I am there watching it. They just don't come much better than Steve.
  23. Well to me it is a big deal. It's a big deal because anytime anyone acts in this fashion, whether it be the fans or just the kids from the school. It's a big deal because this reflects badly on the coaches and the football team and they had nothing (hopefully) to do with it. If you have a flag you'd like to run with, then by all means run with it but keep if off my side. If you feel the need to cuss me and my team, then please do it out of my hearing. If you feel the need to hang out where my team comes out just so you can give them "what for" then please stop and think if you'd like for me and some friends to do this to you kids. If what you do to another team would make you mad if it was done to you, if what you do will give everyone a bad taste for your team then it's probably best that you not do it. We've had all of this done to our fans and team. There may have been 2,000 people on the opposite side who would never dream of doing this and only 20 who is actually doing it, but trust me when I tell you, it has left some serious bad taste in my mouth for a couple of teams and their fans that we've played. I guess I just have no time for bad sportsmanship of any kind.
  24. Whenever you play a game fair and square and you lose, you have nothing to hang your head about. I can't even begin to tell anyone just how proud I, and all the Rebel fans, are of these young men. They play with such heart and they truly are such a fine group of people. No one could ever ask anymore from them than what they have given. No one and I do mean no one can ever say Boyle County hasn't earned everything they have got. They have went from a team that no one respected to a team that everyone guns for. This in itself is a compliment that few teams every receive. Boyle fans are not sore losers so on that note I will say a game well played and BE deserves to go on to the semi-final. I would like to thank each senior for what they have done for our football team. I wish them continue success in wherever life leads them. I hope they have a healthy and happy life filled with lots of returns to Boyle County to watch our future champions play. May every young man who continues to play this year come out of each game healthy and may each fan return to their homes safely. I love you #72 !!!!!!! And as always and for forever...........GO REBELS!!!!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.