Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville-Advocate Messenger All-Area Team

Featured Replies

Does anyone know the selection process for the All-Area team?

Does anyone know the selection process for the All-Area team?

 

 

It used to be voted on by the Area Coaches. I don't know what it is now.

Correct Hatz.. It's voted on by the coaches. I believe each coach can not vote for anybody on their own team.

 

To me the disappointment was that Patrick Barsotti & Andrew Bertrum wasn't on it.

It is still voted by the coaches, and the coach cannot vote for one of his own. But I am sure that Larry Vaught has his say in it as well, and after seeing the release of the team I can think of several good players left off. Congratulations to the players named, and sorry to the several good ones left off.

  • Author

I agree with your comment. I am sure the kids that made it are deserving but after reading the quotes and seeing their stats, it makes me wonder what selection process they use to rule out "as deserving players". Is it a rule that if a kid makes it one year then for some reason he makes it the next year?

 

It is still voted by the coaches, and the coach cannot vote for one of his own. But I am sure that Larry Vaught has his say in it as well, and after seeing the release of the team I can think of several good players left off. Congratulations to the players named, and sorry to the several good ones left off.

How can anybody select linebackers and not choose Rashad Buster from Harrodsburg High School? This boy got the shaft!!!!!!!!

Correct Hatz.. It's voted on by the coaches. I believe each coach can not vote for anybody on their own team.

 

To me the disappointment was that Patrick Barsotti & Andrew Bertrum wasn't on it.

I was amazed that Andrew Bertram wasn't chosen for First team. This kid can play both sides and play them well. He is/was the major asset of our team and to be left off I think was a slap. I don't know what the process is and I wouldn't want to be any of the people chosing but this was a big mistake IMO! :irked:

Where can you go to see the list?

This is B.S. Danville had the best offense in the area, highest scoring, yards, etc.. and only one player was on the all-area offense.

Why was Jaggers not COY?!?

What???

Where can you go to see the list?

Was in Wed paper. CAn go to amnews.com

Coach Jaggers was very well deserving of the COY with a 10-2. Mercer was runner-up in the district and made it to the 2nd. round of the playoffs.

 

Coach Pardue had a 11-2 record, district champions, Regional Runner-Up as a first year coach. The pressure of replacing Chuck Smith is going to be no easy task.

 

Both had very good seasons, but to me Coach Pardue had just a little better one.

So, let's see. Jaggers takes a team that was a game over .500 last year, the best running back in the history of the school has graduated, and he wins a playoff game with a MC football team for the first time since 1988, all in his first year with the program.

Pardue takes a team that he has been an assistant on, and for the first time in what, 6 or 7 years, they don't make it to the championship game. Just doesn't seem to add up.

I would have to agree with you I think the nod should have gone to Jaggers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.