Mercer Co 27 Boyle Co 14

FBALL

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been telling everone around here this would be a close game ,it was closer then the score looked. 3 or 4 less droped passes and Boyle wins

I agree. It was a great game. Mercer killed themselves with penalties. Some were terrible calls though. Especially that facemask in which would have given Mercer the ball back. The Boyle player was pulled down by his jersey and the ref threw the flag when he had no clear view of the play. It was huge cause Boyle scored on the very next play.

I agree. It was a great game. Mercer killed themselves with penalties. Some were terrible calls though. Especially that facemask in which would have given Mercer the ball back. The Boyle player was pulled down by his jersey and the ref threw the flag when he had no clear view of the play. It was huge cause Boyle scored on the very next play.

Actually that was a good call. The call was for a "horse collar" where the player grabs another player's shoulder pads at the collar and makes the tackle by pulling the player down by his collar. It's confusing to fans because it falls under the face mask penalty definition. It was very obvious from my vantage point. Not that there weren't bad calls.;)

I dont even wont to talk about bad calls WOW...There was some bad ones

Actually that was a good call. The call was for a "horse collar" where the player grabs another player's shoulder pads at the collar and makes the tackle by pulling the player down by his collar. It's confusing to fans because it falls under the face mask penalty definition. It was very obvious from my vantage point. Not that there weren't bad calls.;)

Thanks for clearing that one up. I wasn't aware of that one.

It was a great game, and yes, that could have been a horse collar tackle, but from my view from the endzone seats, it was a clear face mask. He took McShara down by the face mask. It was completely obvious from my vantage point and everyone over in my area, including Mercer fans knew what the call was.

Congratulations to Mercer, their defense should really be the story in this game. A defense that will and should only get better as the season goes on. Good luck this year and I feel good knowing that I can only root for success for Mercer now that this game is out of the way.

I have been telling everone around here this would be a close game ,it was closer then the score looked. 3 or 4 less droped passes and Boyle wins

5 or 6 less dropped passes on Mercers part and the game would have been somewhat different also.....

Mercer's defense was again very steady. May be Boyles lowest output of the season.