Mercer Co 27 Boyle Co 14

FBALL

RebelK - I think you have experienced what Danville fans have experienced for the preceeding 5 years during the Boyle string. Sorry you felt you were treated that way. Rude and obnoxious fans are hard to swallow. Fans should be proud of their team and accept greatness with class. Because at somepoint in time your team will hit a lull. Remember talent runs in streaks.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Titans on a great win, I just gald we didn't get beat real bad like 60-0 or something like that. We had our chances to tie, but couldn't. Titans was the better team that night. Now we can't wait till next year for the rematch.

Mercer Titan, sorry I miss you Friday night,but we got there early like 4:30.

Sorry, RebelK for your misfortunes, you should have come and sit with us juggers, we would have protect you.;)

Congratulations to the Titans on a great win, I just gald we didn't get beat real bad like 60-0 or something like that. We had our chances to tie, but couldn't. Titans was the better team that night. Now we can't wait till next year for the rematch.

Sorry, RebelK for your misfortunes, you should have come and sit with us juggers, we would have protect you.;)

That's cool. It looked like alot of people got there a little early.

I agree. It was a great game. Mercer killed themselves with penalties. Some were terrible calls though. Especially that facemask in which would have given Mercer the ball back. The Boyle player was pulled down by his jersey and the ref threw the flag when he had no clear view of the play. It was huge cause Boyle scored on the very next play.

Speaking of terrible calls, what about the first punt of the game for Boyle which Mercer returned for a touchdown, and the ref through the flag for what was going to be a block in the back on Mercer, until they saw that the play went for a touchdown, then it became an inadvertant flag. How convenient.

I was not at all impressed with the Mighty Titans, on offense or defense. First of all let's be real and point out once again that Mercer is a 5A team playing in 2A. Secondly, there run defense was solid, but our leading rusher (Cole Stevens) did not play. So we had to insert a Freshman (Reece MacShara) who platooned with sophomore Ron Crutchfield at running back. So Mercer's defense should have been able to stop the run. And thirdly, Grant Tamme still out with injury, allowed Mercer to key on Josh Miller who saw double coverage most of the night. .

Congratulations to the Titans, I don't mean any disrespect to the Mercer program, but if I watched the #1 team in 2A tonight, that class is way down. Mercer better get that big bang for their buck this year, because they will be back in the middle of the pack next year.

I hope Boyle can use the next 2 weeks to get everybody healthy for district play, the games that are going to count come playoff time. I still think the Rebels will be fine in their district. As for the rigorous pre-district schedule that the Rebels have played, the old saying goes "if it doesn't kill you, then it will only make you stronger".

Hang in there Rebels, your time is coming.

"First of all let's be real and point out once again that Mercer is a 5A team playing in 2A."

Good grief this is getting old, Boyle was always one to play the Trinty's and St X's of the world and not complain. Mercer is a 2A team this year, and when KHSAA redisricts, Mercer will be 5A, and that is they way it is.

Also let me point out something "27-14", Mercer 4-0 and Boyle 1-4.

Speaking of terrible calls, what about the first punt of the game for Boyle which Mercer returned for a touchdown, and the ref through the flag for what was going to be a block in the back on Mercer, until they saw that the play went for a touchdown, then it became an inadvertant flag. How convenient.

Thats was bad, I saw the block it was in the back, but the non calls where like that all night.

"First of all let's be real and point out once again that Mercer is a 5A team playing in 2A."

Good grief this is getting old, Boyle was always one to play the Trinty's and St X's of the world and not complain. Mercer is a 2A team this year, and when KHSAA redisricts, Mercer will be 5A, and that is they way it is.

Also let me point out something "27-14", Mercer 4-0 and Boyle 1-4.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was not at all impressed with the Mighty Titans, on offense or defense. First of all let's be real and point out once again that Mercer is a 5A team playing in 2A. Secondly, there run defense was solid, but our leading rusher (Cole Stevens) did not play. So we had to insert a Freshman (Reece MacShara) who platooned with sophomore Ron Crutchfield at running back. So Mercer's defense should have been able to stop the run. And thirdly, Grant Tamme still out with injury, allowed Mercer to key on Josh Miller who saw double coverage most of the night. .

Congratulations to the Titans, I don't mean any disrespect to the Mercer program, but if I watched the #1 team in 2A tonight, that class is way down. Mercer better get that big bang for their buck this year, because they will be back in the middle of the pack next year.

I hope Boyle can use the next 2 weeks to get everybody healthy for district play, the games that are going to count come playoff time. I still think the Rebels will be fine in their district. As for the rigorous pre-district schedule that the Rebels have played, the old saying goes "if it doesn't kill you, then it will only make you stronger".

Hang in there Rebels, your time is coming.

Well you have the winning with class down pat...now we just need to work on the losing with class. :p

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I admit Mercer won the game and congratulated you, but by calling a spade a spade I now have no class.

Now, let me point something out wildcat111

Mercer's opponents so far this year have won 7 games and lost 13.

Boyle's opponents so far this year have won 21 games and lost 2.

If we had played a cupcake schedule like that, maybe we would be 4-1 right now instead of 1-4.

Go figure.

As I said in another thread - these boys ahve been together as one team for 8 weeks? Give them a break. They didn't ask for this merger, but are playing to win like any other team - except other teams have been playing together for how many years? I am sick of Mercer being bad mouthed and penalized for a decision that KHSAA made - 2A, 3A, no wait are we 4A but going to 5A, or just a borderline something or another - deal with it - we are. We as true Merged fans are loving this football season and will do whatever we can in support of the new Mercer Titan team. Make excuses of why Boyle lost and who didn't play if that makes you feel better. Fact is - the end result was a victory for Mercer. Several Mercer players commented on the fact that Boyle County wore their home jerseys/uniforms to OUR HOME field, any particular reason why Boyle did that? I thought that the color uniform was traditionally for home games, am I incorrect? If so, please advise - Boyle was obviously wearing black, their home uniform?

I admit Mercer won the game and congratulated you, but by calling a spade a spade I now have no class.

Now, let me point something out wildcat111

Mercer's opponents so far this year have won 7 games and lost 13.

Boyle's opponents so far this year have won 21 games and lost 2.

If we had played a cupcake schedule like that, maybe we would be 4-1 right now instead of 1-4.

Go figure.

Why bring up team schedules now? Mercer beat Boyle when their offense wasn't at it's best. You can take shots at Mercer's defense all you want. They sure delivered shots to Boyle. The speed of Mercer's defense was the difference. For example, when Boyle completed that long pass play in the first half from inside their 15 yard line in which it was a similar play they completed against Danville. He was all by himself. I think Miller made the catch but anyway it looked as if he would take it to the house but, the Titan secondary looked like they were drawing straws to decide who was going to take him out. Needless to say he didn't score. They harrassed Perry all night long. Boyle just couldn't move the ball. Don't give Mercer credit for a hard fought win. I don't think that will change anything. Their is no other way to say it but that you are in denial. Boyle is better then their record I know this. Garrard got more than 53 rushing yards against the Mercer defense. So Boyle should have ran all over the Titans. I give credit to the Boyle defense to containing all those backs that the Titans have back there. But Mercer showed they have the defense to keep them in games. The officiating was poor on both sides. Mercer had well over 100 yards in penalties so they weren't getting all that much home cookin. The Mercer defense was the difference in the game along with action Jackson.

Thanks Super for the offer but trust me, I really didn't need protection:thumb:

Finally, I took the opportunity to see these two play. What a treat. Bar-BQ (Dunn's I believe) was great...atmosphere electric...crowds energetic...pads popping! What a game. The home fans I STOOD with were great and welcomed several Boyle and Danville fans to their area. I have made it a point to see Boyle play at least 2 games a year for several now, so I have seen them and I have a frame of reference.

Being a 3rd party I think I can give a good account of the game. It was sloppy at times, but all in all great!

Mercer O: Too many mistakes to be a state champion, but they have the talent to score 42+ on most teams (1A-4A). They look as if they never work on the pass, although the QB threw a great ball. The RB/WR/TE's couldn't catch. The bone has proven to be a winner, but I find it a little uuummm boring. The 2-3 back that carried the ball made it a little more fun. I honestly thought #2 and #23 would score on any touch from any where.

Mercer D: They are fast and tackle well. Very good vs the run. They seemed a little weak at zone coverage (Flats are still open), but their M/M looked okay. They took advantage of almost every opportunity to make a tackle or INT. They seemed to be a little undisciplined vs Boyles trap game. Handled a short field/adversity VERY well. It seemed the O constantly put them in tough spots, but they hung in there. Lots of emotion.

Boyle O: They had trouble running the ball from under center...very atypical for a boyle team. Passing attack was very vanilla. QB seemed to lock on a guy as soon as he recieved the ball and forced it (3 ints). They are missing a special player split wide and I would have put #21 to the trips side to get him involved. They look like the same team w/o the 2-3 D-1 players and minus a running game. QB looks young.

Boyle D: They are smaller than usual, but as disciplined as every and as aggressive as ever! They gave up a couple big plays, but with #2 and #23 packing the ball who isn't? I was impressed with the youth!

Over all: I thought the better team won the game due to a very good D and some ridiculous speed on offense. MC needs serious work with their special teams! I would not rule out seeing Danville, Mercer, and Boyle in Louisville.

Good luck to both teams, I see BC going on a major winning streak. One more thing, I could care less how many kids MC has. I never hear BC complain while beating Danville or losing to Danville. I am assuming BC has roughly double the # of boys than Danville.