Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County Rebels

Featured Replies

Just a question for all the Boyle County fans out there who may have seen what I witnessed tonight. Tonight, at the Boyle-Southwestern game I watched a coaching staff quit on its team. Its junior and seniors in particular. This has been an ongoing trend that the coaching staff (yes, I am indicting all of the BC coaches) seems to be consistent with this year.

 

The score was 21-0 in the 3rd quarter with about 3 minutes left and Boyle had a 4th and 6 around the Southwestern 15 yard line. I thought to myself, Josh Miller time. Well, BC went for it and right before the ball was hiked, I noticed the great number 21 on the sideline. After Boyle failed to convert the 1st down, the defense ran onto the field and number 21 went out with the defense. I thought, that's strange, why wasn't THE BEST PLAYER not on the field in such a critical moment.

 

After watching number 21 make 3 tackles to get a quick 3 and out for Southwestern, he ran off the field when the BC offense ran on, and that's when it happened. I watched a SENIOR, pacing, with tears in his eyes, intently over and over. He paced the whole offensive series. BC eventually scored a touchdown on this series and number 21 never saw a snap on the offensive side of the ball.

 

I then put my pocket radio on the local station (I was listening to the Mercer game) to hear the announcer for BC say, that's the JV offense in the game. WHY WAS THE JV IN THE GAME SO EARLY?!?!?!?!? This was still a winnable game. I cannot, I repeat, I CANNOT understand why Josh Miller, nor Cole Stevens were not in the game. Cole may have re-injured himself, but Josh was still playing defense.

 

I was so disgusted, my family and I left. I couldn't bear to watch something I KNOW CHUCK SMITH would have never done, and that's quit on his team. Josh Miller knows that game was still well within reach and not only that, at halftime I was told that the regular starting QB was medically cleared to play as well.

 

Good job BC coaches. My son plays football for the middle school and he says he doesn't want to play after this year. After watching this debacle tonight, I don't think I care if he doesn't want to anymore. I never thought I would see the day when Boyle County quit. BC is officially rebuilding now. I sure wish they would have told us before the season started. Some of us still believed.

 

:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

 

 

Congrats to Southwestern tonight as well. They have played Boyle very close for quite some time and tonight they finally got over the hump and defeated what used to be a PROUD Boyle County team. Good luck the rest of the season.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I sure hope Larry Vaught doesn't sugarcoat this on Sunday. I'm sure he will though. I'd love to be a guest reporter for the Sunday paper so I could find out EXACTLY what the deal was, but I know that we never will know. Just like the "incident" with the 4 middle school football players, it will get swept under the rug.

PurplePride92 - I listened to the entire game on the radio and thought the EXACT same things myself. My only guess is that the coaches were so disgusted with all the fumbles that they felt like making a statement by putting in the JV. Boyle fumbled 7 times and lost 4. I doubt if they fumbled 7 times during the championship run from 99-03.

  • Author

The only statement I can make out of that, is we give up, let's work on the future. I hate it for the seniors that have given their heart and soul to the program. They deserved better. Tonight was utterly ridiculous.

I listened to the entire game on the radio and thought the EXACT same thing myself. My only guess is that the coaches were so disgusted with all the fumbles that they felt like making a statement by putting in the JV. Boyle fumbled 7 times and lost 4. I doubt if they fumbled 7 times during the championship run from 99-03.

 

 

Wow, if this was the case, win the game and then "make the statement". That's why you have Saturday moring films.:confused:

Wow, if this was the case, win the game and then "make the statement". That's why you have Saturday moring films.:confused:

 

Exactly!!:thumb:

  • Author

I'm still upset, anyone have any insight to the plight of BC Football?

Just a question for all the Boyle County fans out there who may have seen what I witnessed tonight. Tonight, at the Boyle-Southwestern game I watched a coaching staff quit on its team. Its junior and seniors in particular. This has been an ongoing trend that the coaching staff (yes, I am indicting all of the BC coaches) seems to be consistent with this year.

 

The score was 21-0 in the 3rd quarter with about 3 minutes left and Boyle had a 4th and 6 around the Southwestern 15 yard line. I thought to myself, Josh Miller time. Well, BC went for it and right before the ball was hiked, I noticed the great number 21 on the sideline. After Boyle failed to convert the 1st down, the defense ran onto the field and number 21 went out with the defense. I thought, that's strange, why wasn't THE BEST PLAYER not on the field in such a critical moment.

 

After watching number 21 make 3 tackles to get a quick 3 and out for Southwestern, he ran off the field when the BC offense ran on, and that's when it happened. I watched a SENIOR, pacing, with tears in his eyes, intently over and over. He paced the whole offensive series. BC eventually scored a touchdown on this series and number 21 never saw a snap on the offensive side of the ball.

 

I then put my pocket radio on the local station (I was listening to the Mercer game) to hear the announcer for BC say, that's the JV offense in the game. WHY WAS THE JV IN THE GAME SO EARLY?!?!?!?!? This was still a winnable game. I cannot, I repeat, I CANNOT understand why Josh Miller, nor Cole Stevens were not in the game. Cole may have re-injured himself, but Josh was still playing defense.

 

I was so disgusted, my family and I left. I couldn't bear to watch something I KNOW CHUCK SMITH would have never done, and that's quit on his team. Josh Miller knows that game was still well within reach and not only that, at halftime I was told that the regular starting QB was medically cleared to play as well.

 

Good job BC coaches. My son plays football for the middle school and he says he doesn't want to play after this year. After watching this debacle tonight, I don't think I care if he doesn't want to anymore. I never thought I would see the day when Boyle County quit. BC is officially rebuilding now. I sure wish they would have told us before the season started. Some of us still believed.

 

:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

 

 

Congrats to Southwestern tonight as well. They have played Boyle very close for quite some time and tonight they finally got over the hump and defeated what used to be a PROUD Boyle County team. Good luck the rest of the season.

 

OUCH!

I'm still upset, anyone have any insight to the plight of BC Football?

 

I was there tonight and I wish I could ease our pain. I said SW by three, I just didn't expect by that many TDs.

The truth hurts.....

 

Yeah, you have coaches who have been together too long and expect to win now because of the name, Boyle County. They were never the ones that won the games the players were! The coaches think that they win them when all they do is hurt the kids that they are coaching! Good job, way to be a role model Pardue, you as well Mason, and to the rest of you get out of there while you can and still have a reputable resume! Those two will drag you down, IMO.

My heart goes out to those young men who play. They should keep their heads up. It is NOT their fault!

  • Author

I was thinking the same thing while I looked for you at the game BC62fan. The image of a pacing and crying Josh Miller while the offense was on the field will forever be imbedded in my memory. I wish I could ease the pain as well. For Josh and all the other Rebels who have given their heart and soul to BC. Such a debacle.

I see it in the faces of the parents, especially those of us who have (had) some skin in the game. You do not come this far in the program and not realize what is being sacrificed in the interest of a future program

The truth hurts.....

 

Yeah, you have coaches who have been together too long and expect to win now because of the name, Boyle County. They were never the ones that won the games the players were! The coaches think that they win them when all they do is hurt the kids that they are coaching! Good job, way to be a role model Pardue, you as well Mason, and to the rest of you get out of there while you can and still have a reputable resume! Those two will drag you down, IMO.

I will have to say that I haver never been as disappointed in my life as I was tonight. With the kids? Never. If anyone is wondering why these kids are playing the way they are, then review the thread above. Did I sit through the game? Yes. Did I wish I could just leave in a huff by what I saw taking place? yes. Please don't get me wrong. I will always be for our kids - win or lose. That has always been the case and I will never wavier from that. But tonight was just about as much as I could take. A friend told me that other day that he thinks that these kids (seniors) are the orphans and after tonight I can see why he said that. If you listened to everything that was said and if you read everything that is written in the paper, you'd think that all these seniors are is a bunch of not good for anything players and that is far from the truth. These kids have worked their tails off for 4 years and to be done the way they have been done is in IMO inexcusable. I will have to say this - you have to earn the respect that is demanded and it wouldn't hurt if sometimes that respect was returned to the kids on that field. It hurts my heart to watch these kids game after game leaving that field with that look on their faces. Maybe it's not the kids that are playing bad, maybe it's the calls that are being given to them. Maybe it's not the players on the field that is the problem, maybe it's the kids that aren't in the right positions on the field (or not there at all) that is the problem. A friend told me tonight that it wasn't the coaches that are fumbling the ball and it's not the coaches that are dropping the ball. That statement is true, but I've watched these kids for 4 years and I can tell you this much, these kids aren't this bad of players. Perhaps someone needs to find out exactly what the problem is and do something to fix it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.