Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County Rebels

Featured Replies

I just have to know, as an outsider, does the Tamme who played Qb for Boyle last season still play for them this year?

Yep.....but not at QB:eek:

  • Replies 100
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This article further fuels all the things I believe to be true. The coaching staff has done a horrendous job not only in dealing with the kids, but in simply getting the team prepared on a weekly basis. Pardue deals with the media effectively, I'll give him that, but I have a hard time believeing that Josh Miller or Cole Stevens or any other team members weren't playing hard. All 7 fumbles were not Josh and Cole's fault. All the missed blocks and the offense's ineptitude wasn't the seniors fault. If as a head coach, you notice your team not practicing hard, I'd like to think you correct that before you step on the field on Friday. I also have a hard time believing that these kids(the whole team) aren't practicing hard. From my view it seems that all Boyle County teams have practiced as hard as their coach allows them too. What would convince him that they are practicing hard, should one of the seniors hit one of the underclassmen even harder? Should Josh take out Bryce and Phillip in practice so Grant can start again? I don't understand what more Pardue expects from his team. I look forward to the next game so I can see if BC can rebound from this past aberration and the upperclassmen getting spat on once again in the local newspaper. I just don't see how things have gotten so bad so fast and I wonder if it can corrected before it is too late.

 

 

:cry:

 

To me if your wanting to send a message to kids that aren't praticing hard or are goofing off you leave them in and let the other team take it to them "on the field". Best way to get your message across if you ask me.

This article further fuels all the things I believe to be true. The coaching staff has done a horrendous job not only in dealing with the kids, but in simply getting the team prepared on a weekly basis. Pardue deals with the media effectively, I'll give him that, but I have a hard time believeing that Josh Miller or Cole Stevens or any other team members weren't playing hard. All 7 fumbles were not Josh and Cole's fault. All the missed blocks and the offense's ineptitude wasn't the seniors fault. If as a head coach, you notice your team not practicing hard, I'd like to think you correct that before you step on the field on Friday. I also have a hard time believing that these kids(the whole team) aren't practicing hard. From my view it seems that all Boyle County teams have practiced as hard as their coach allows them too. What would convince him that they are practicing hard, should one of the seniors hit one of the underclassmen even harder? Should Josh take out Bryce and Phillip in practice so Grant can start again? I don't understand what more Pardue expects from his team. I look forward to the next game so I can see if BC can rebound from this past aberration and the upperclassmen getting spat on once again in the local newspaper. I just don't see how things have gotten so bad so fast and I wonder if it can corrected before it is too late.

 

 

:cry:

Handle things internally. Don't air your problems. This compounds a simple effort problem into a players vs. coaches problem..IMHO

Just a question for all the Boyle County fans out there who may have seen what I witnessed tonight. Tonight, at the Boyle-Southwestern game I watched a coaching staff quit on its team. Its junior and seniors in particular. This has been an ongoing trend that the coaching staff (yes, I am indicting all of the BC coaches) seems to be consistent with this year.

 

The score was 21-0 in the 3rd quarter with about 3 minutes left and Boyle had a 4th and 6 around the Southwestern 15 yard line. I thought to myself, Josh Miller time. Well, BC went for it and right before the ball was hiked, I noticed the great number 21 on the sideline. After Boyle failed to convert the 1st down, the defense ran onto the field and number 21 went out with the defense. I thought, that's strange, why wasn't THE BEST PLAYER not on the field in such a critical moment.

 

After watching number 21 make 3 tackles to get a quick 3 and out for Southwestern, he ran off the field when the BC offense ran on, and that's when it happened. I watched a SENIOR, pacing, with tears in his eyes, intently over and over. He paced the whole offensive series. BC eventually scored a touchdown on this series and number 21 never saw a snap on the offensive side of the ball.

 

I then put my pocket radio on the local station (I was listening to the Mercer game) to hear the announcer for BC say, that's the JV offense in the game. WHY WAS THE JV IN THE GAME SO EARLY?!?!?!?!? This was still a winnable game. I cannot, I repeat, I CANNOT understand why Josh Miller, nor Cole Stevens were not in the game. Cole may have re-injured himself, but Josh was still playing defense.

 

I was so disgusted, my family and I left. I couldn't bear to watch something I KNOW CHUCK SMITH would have never done, and that's quit on his team. Josh Miller knows that game was still well within reach and not only that, at halftime I was told that the regular starting QB was medically cleared to play as well.

 

Good job BC coaches. My son plays football for the middle school and he says he doesn't want to play after this year. After watching this debacle tonight, I don't think I care if he doesn't want to anymore. I never thought I would see the day when Boyle County quit. BC is officially rebuilding now. I sure wish they would have told us before the season started. Some of us still believed.

 

:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

 

 

Congrats to Southwestern tonight as well. They have played Boyle very close for quite some time and tonight they finally got over the hump and defeated what used to be a PROUD Boyle County team. Good luck the rest of the season.

 

WOW, never ever looked at BC in this light. I feel for you fans. What is BCs record now?

Since Corbin and Boyle are both just a hair of what they once were, we should play us a game and refer to it as the "Once Was Bowl".

 

Hopefully our teams will turn it around very soon. There is no need in two fine programs like Corbin and Boyle turning into what they have became. Good luck Rebels.

RebelBred, I mean really --think about what you are saying. The only two coaches that have been at Boyle County since the Chuck Smith era began are Coach Mason and Coach Pardue. That is one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever read. If Pardue and Mason were not good coaches then why would they have ten state championship rings between them and a state runner up to their credit? And why would everyone in the state have said Pardue or Mason were the only people for the joB? Also I think both of them have coached in NUMEROUS KY/TN all-star games. B/c average coaches get invited to coach in those everyday right? Cmon now think about that. The best head coach in the world cannot win without an excellent supporting cast. This doesn't show much thought to make a statement like that...

To me if your wanting to send a message to kids that aren't praticing hard or are goofing off you leave them in and let the other team take it to them "on the field". Best way to get your message across if you ask me.

Or perhaps don't punish all the kids for a few of the kids and don't lump them all together when you are telling the world just how bad they are. There is nothing any worse than hearing how bad you are, if you are in fact working your tail off.

 

When is all said and done, these kids will work this out to suit them. For those of them who aren't practicing, and if they want to play, maybe they'll start working harder. For those kids who are currently working their tails off, they will continue to do so. I think this week will tell the tale of what is to come.

 

No one should ever expect more than what they work hard for. There are no free rides in life and there shouldn't be on the football field. Just don't make all of them feel low in order to make a point to others.

 

LTW, it was great meeting you and commando Friday night. I hope your team continues with their winning ways:thumb:

Since Corbin and Boyle are both just a hair of what they once were, we should play us a game and refer to it as the "Once Was Bowl".

 

Hopefully our teams will turn it around very soon. There is no need in two fine programs like Corbin and Boyle turning into what they have became. Good luck Rebels.

 

 

But we aint got the problem with coaching, we have to find ourselves as a team.

RebelBred, I mean really --think about what you are saying. The only two coaches that have been at Boyle County since the Chuck Smith era began are Coach Mason and Coach Pardue. That is one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever read. If Pardue and Mason were not good coaches then why would they have ten state championship rings between them and a state runner up to their credit? And why would everyone in the state have said Pardue or Mason were the only people for the joB? Also I think both of them have coached in NUMEROUS KY/TN all-star games. B/c average coaches get invited to coach in those everyday right? Cmon now think about that. The best head coach in the world cannot win without an excellent supporting cast. This doesn't show much thought to make a statement like that...

 

 

I'm not sure anyone has said they weren't excellent Assistant Coaches. It's the Head Coach factor that some are questioning. I'll give you an old time Boyle illustration. I thought the world of Ken Cutrer when he was in charge of the Freshman program in the late 70's and early 80's. He was a great builder and wonderful play caller. But I don't think Ken would have been a great Head Coach of the program. His personality and abilites were better suited with his Assistant role and not the Head role.

I don't care who you are or who your coach is, if you fumble 7 times then you aren't going to win many games. I don't have a dog in the fight but I don't think you can place blame only on coaches when you have that many fumbles.

I'll have to say that I am shocked by this thread. Boyle County had a run that I don't think will ever be matched by a Public School especially in 3A. It's hard to stay at that level forever. Even teams like Cov Cath etc went through some growing pains.

As an outsider Boyle Co is one of my favorite programs. I LOVED watching them during their run play the game the way it should be played. Coach Smith is one of the best coaches in KY high school history. They also were loaded with some of the best talent in the state the past 10 years.

This season isn't over yet. I've watched my old alma matter fall from fame and they are struggling now too. You have to stick together and not point fingers IMO to fight your way back to the top.

I understand your frustration as I have felt it somewhat but pointing fingers will only add to the demise of the program I'm afraid. I hope everybody in Boyle Co and everybody affiliated with that program stands tall together and fights their way back to the top. I know it's tough right now but there is too much pride there for it to stay down long.

Those kids only have one Senior year and I hope they pull together and rise up!

:thumb: Nice post stick1.

Or perhaps don't punish all the kids for a few of the kids and don't lump them all together when you are telling the world just how bad they are. There is nothing any worse than hearing how bad you are, if you are in fact working your tail off.

 

When is all said and done, these kids will work this out to suit them. For those of them who aren't practicing, and if they want to play, maybe they'll start working harder. For those kids who are currently working their tails off, they will continue to do so. I think this week will tell the tale of what is to come.

 

No one should ever expect more than what they work hard for. There are no free rides in life and there shouldn't be on the football field. Just don't make all of them feel low in order to make a point to others.

 

LTW, it was great meeting you and commando Friday night. I hope your team continues with their winning ways:thumb:

 

like wise with you as well. I was sounding bad was I? I was just saying that if you are praticeing well then let the other team show them why it's important. I wasn't refering to all just pointing out that sometimes coaches don't have to handle this themselfs the other team will. You go out into 3A football unprepared and your going to get it handed to you. Keep up everyone and the wheels will find their way back on the wagon. Good luck to you all as well and until we tee it up again........LTW.

I thought the world of Ken Cutrer when he was in charge of the Freshman program in the late 70's and early 80's. He was a great builder and wonderful play caller.

 

Best play he ever called was "Center Sneak" For some reason that plays holds a special memory in my life. For those who don't know what this play is. Say it's 3rd or 4th down with inches to go. The center pretends to hike the ball and than just falls forwad for a first down or touchdown, while the rest of the team yells fumble!! and piles on. After the Refs removes the pile the center (Me) has the yardage needed for a firstdown or touchdown. I don't think this play was ever legal, but it sure was fun.

 

 

:bunny: Boy this brings back memories Hatz! :bunny: :bunny: :D

RebelBred, I mean really --think about what you are saying. The only two coaches that have been at Boyle County since the Chuck Smith era began are Coach Mason and Coach Pardue. That is one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever read. If Pardue and Mason were not good coaches then why would they have ten state championship rings between them and a state runner up to their credit? And why would everyone in the state have said Pardue or Mason were the only people for the joB? Also I think both of them have coached in NUMEROUS KY/TN all-star games. B/c average coaches get invited to coach in those everyday right? Cmon now think about that. The best head coach in the world cannot win without an excellent supporting cast. This doesn't show much thought to make a statement like that...

 

I dont know which comment you are referring to but is what I know is that both of those guys have changed tremendously over the past 6 or 7 years, they arent even the same people they used to be, the ones we used to look up to for guidence and knowledge, now when you see them and say hello they just look at you and nod and keep walking. I do know what I am talking about when it comes to their attitudes toward players since I have experienced it. And like Hatz said Pardue is a great offensive coordinator but is not 1/2 as good running the entire team. IMO.

What if, just what if, by benching his starting offense, Coach Pardue lights a fire under his upper classment and Boyle County starts playing like Boyle County?

 

I have no dog in this fight, but here's what I see. I see a few people defending Coach Pardue, and when they do, they are belittled. I see many people piling it on Coach Pardue, and that seems to be the "acceptable" thing to do. I don't buy it.

 

When you're 1-5, there is plenty of blame to go around, IMO. To place it all on the coach or all on the players is a bit presumptuous. I don't doubt at all that the coaching staff could have done some things better during this season. But, like I said, when you're 1-5, when you turn the ball over 7 times and play the way they did last week, I also have no doubt that the players shoulder some of the responsibility.

 

You have to keep in mind that this is also a learning experience for Coach Pardue. I suspect he will improve as a head coach as well. Are you ready to throw him under the bus right now? What kind of message does that send? To potential coaches? If we struggle one season, we're done. To future players?

 

The same people who are saying Pardue should have stuck with his seniors despite a terrible performance are implying that he needs to go. That's a bit hypocritical, IMO.

I agree sadly. This team has loads of talent and the coaches i believe are to blame for the most of it. Yes, they havent stepped up and made plays, but they have to be put into the right position to make plays. This team has as much talent in the upper classes as any state champ team. The 99 team had 3 seniors that played and full of sophmores, but they had Coach Smith. This is not the same staff that Smith had. Coach Smith kept the coaches egos in check and now this staff is the most arrogant bunch out there. The play calling was once again horrible with the same plays being ran over and over again, the offensive coordinator will be the one to take the blame for this season. I sat in the Henry Clay game stands and listened to Lexington area coaches laugh at our play calls and mock our team. With no vertical passing game against Southwestern, they sat on the short routes. I.E. if you run all curls and get almost picked the first time dont run it the next play. The funniest thing is when they scored the JV head coach was calling the plays. If the coaches son (at QB) cant make the throws then dont put him in there. This is not going to get any better, i feel sorry for the upper classmen because when i played at my alma mater my junior and senior years were the best. These kids feel abandoned, alienated, and humiliated by their own coaching staff day in and day out, just so the coaches can throw in sophmores who make mistake after mistake. To give up in a winnable district rivalry, with 1st place at stake, is the most atrocious act ever. The worst thing is that the seniors have one state title and one runners up, with the juniors having one runner up as well, and the sophmores have done nothing for the program, except help to an 1-5 record. These kids work so hard to live up to the tradition and pride and these kids care so much about the game of football that they break into tears on the sideline. Their is NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HAPPENED.

 

Im sorry and i hate bashing any team, but these thoughts have been boiling inside of me and i just have to get them out.

I do feel bad for the upperclass players; but don't go and say the Sophomores have done nothing for this program. I see Sophomores working just as hard at practices and some times harder. I see them come off the field with the same look of disappointment. I see the tears and the mood when I pick my son up (Yes he is a Sophomore). So please at the next game watch some of those Sophomore that you are saying hasn't gave to the program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.