Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County Rebels

Featured Replies

IN REPLY TO REBELBRED:

How do you base your decision that they have changed in the past 6 or 7 years? I know that they don't have a lot of respect for players that have quit on them, and rightfully so. They put their heart and soul into the program so that former players, that did walk off can get on here and voice their opinion? IMO players that couldn't stick it out when they had the opportunity have no right to even voice their opinion. Just keep that in mind.

 

The rebels are going to begin rolling this week, and will roll for some time. Keep your heads up Rebs!

  • Replies 100
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are right, these sophomores are GIVING IT UP FOR THE TEAM week in and week out, and they are making great improvements, which I think was apparent Friday night. Watch out for these kids in the future.

What if, just what if, by benching his starting offense, Coach Pardue lights a fire under his upper classment and Boyle County starts playing like Boyle County?

 

It seems that coach Pardue understands the definition of insanity. Btw, that is to do the same thing over and over, only to expect different results. He is not getting what he needs out of his upper classmen. Competition usually helps. If you can get the same thing out of a sophmore that you can get out of a senior, then you might as well play the sophmore. I am not there, but it seems that a JV team can't do worse than seven turnovers. Boyle County fans, Just ask yourselves if you are angry that coach Pardue is ruining the program, or if you are angry that he is doing what is right for the program's future, at the expense of leaving non performers on the field.:rolleyes:

IN REPLY TO REBELBRED:

How do you base your decision that they have changed in the past 6 or 7 years? I know that they don't have a lot of respect for players that have quit on them, and rightfully so. They put their heart and soul into the program so that former players, that did walk off can get on here and voice their opinion? IMO players that couldn't stick it out when they had the opportunity have no right to even voice their opinion. Just keep that in mind.

 

The rebels are going to begin rolling this week, and will roll for some time. Keep your heads up Rebs!

 

first, if you click the quote button under a post then it will autoreply to that post, just to let you know.

 

second my experiences have come from being with former players, that won state titles with them and get no response or anything when they try to create a convo with them. I never said anything about player that quit I was just talking about what i have witnessed first hand with players that I have known and they get that response.

and the sophmores have done nothing for the program, except help to an 1-5 record.

 

This is just a bad coice of words. The Sophomore class has done more than what was expected in this case. You win as a team, and you lose as a team. It's statements like this that casuse more damage to a team, than what has ever happened on the field. The last thing we need is a civil war between ourselfs.

What if, just what if, by benching his starting offense, Coach Pardue lights a fire under his upper classment and Boyle County starts playing like Boyle County?

It seems that coach Pardue understands the definition of insanity. Btw, that is to do the same thing over and over, only to expect different results. He is not getting what he needs out of his upper classmen. Competition usually helps. If you can get the same thing out of a sophmore that you can get out of a senior, then you might as well play the sophmore. I am not there, but it seems that a JV team can't do worse than seven turnovers. Boyle County fans, Just ask yourselves if you are angry that coach Pardue is ruining the program, or if you are angry that he is doing what is right for the program's future, at the expense of leaving non performers on the field.:rolleyes:

 

I hope you weren't rolling your eyes at my post. I am next to clueless when it comes to Boyle County. I don't know if the seniors are uber-talented as some claim, or the worst group on the team as others say. If the sophomores are better, then they should be playing. Plain and simple. You play your best players. I don't care how hard a kid had worked or how old he is, if I have a better option, I'm going to use it.

 

My point was that we're only seeing two sides in this thread...one is blaming Pardue, one is blaming the players. They're 1-5. I strongly suspect that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Both sides could do better. Some of the sophomores probably are better options than their senior counterparts, some probably aren't.

 

I just think it's ridiculous for people to place 100% of the blame on Chris Pardue and call for his head halfway through his second season.

 

Consider this...in 2004 Breathitt County went 10-0, won their first playoff game with ease, and then got blasted by Prestonsburg. Disappointing to say the least. They followed that up with a 4-7 campaign. For argument's sake, let's say that Coach Holcomb had retired after the '03 season and we'd had a new coach the past two years. How would that have gone over?

 

We're 6-1 this year with a lineup that is loaded with freshmen and sophomores and has exceeded most expectations for the team. No, they aren't as good as a lot of Bobcat teams from the past, but they are playing well, better than most expected, and the future looks bright.

 

Boyle County fans need to calm down and give Pardue a chance. I guarantee they'll bounce back. They might even surprise some people before this season is over.

I do feel bad for the upperclass players; but don't go and say the Sophomores have done nothing for this program. I see Sophomores working just as hard at practices and some times harder. I see them come off the field with the same look of disappointment. I see the tears and the mood when I pick my son up (Yes he is a Sophomore). So please at the next game watch some of those Sophomore that you are saying hasn't gave to the program.

 

Sorry bad choice of words. I never implyed that the sophmores dont care or practice hard, thats the exact opposite. I see sophmores busting it as hard as anybody, and some of the best talent is in that class. When i mean that, i meant the fact that they were freshmen last year and didnt contribute to the varsity record, so this year is their first year with meaningful contribution. I meant the comment to show that its not just a senior and junior problem but a whole team problem. Probably came out bad in all my ranting. I feel that the blame can be spread around to everyone equally, so i have faith in the coaches and hope for the best. Like i have said the elements of success are there and everyone needs to pull their own weight. I hope this tactic motivates them, and i think it might. These kids need to have a chip on their shoulders and take the world is against us mentality. Circle the wagons and i hope that is the response Pardue is looking for, for this TEAM to pull together and play some good ole Boyle Co Football. Go REBS

 

I hope you weren't rolling your eyes at my post. I am next to clueless when it comes to Boyle County. I don't know if the seniors are uber-talented as some claim, or the worst group on the team as others say. If the sophomores are better, then they should be playing. Plain and simple. You play your best players. I don't care how hard a kid had worked or how old he is, if I have a better option, I'm going to use it.

 

My point was that we're only seeing two sides in this thread...one is blaming Pardue, one is blaming the players. They're 1-5. I strongly suspect that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Both sides could do better. Some of the sophomores probably are better options than their senior counterparts, some probably aren't.

 

I just think it's ridiculous for people to place 100% of the blame on Chris Pardue and call for his head halfway through his second season.

 

Consider this...in 2004 Breathitt County went 10-0, won their first playoff game with ease, and then got blasted by Prestonsburg. Disappointing to say the least. They followed that up with a 4-7 campaign. For argument's sake, let's say that Coach Holcomb had retired after the '03 season and we'd had a new coach the past two years. How would that have gone over?

 

We're 6-1 this year with a lineup that is loaded with freshmen and sophomores and has exceeded most expectations for the team. No, they aren't as good as a lot of Bobcat teams from the past, but they are playing well, better than most expected, and the future looks bright.

 

Boyle County fans need to calm down and give Pardue a chance. I guarantee they'll bounce back. They might even surprise some people before this season is over.

 

After cooler heads prevail that might be the issue.

 

I hope you weren't rolling your eyes at my post. I am next to clueless when it comes to Boyle County. I don't know if the seniors are uber-talented as some claim, or the worst group on the team as others say. If the sophomores are better, then they should be playing. Plain and simple. You play your best players. I don't care how hard a kid had worked or how old he is, if I have a better option, I'm going to use it.

 

My point was that we're only seeing two sides in this thread...one is blaming Pardue, one is blaming the players. They're 1-5. I strongly suspect that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Both sides could do better. Some of the sophomores probably are better options than their senior counterparts, some probably aren't.

 

I just think it's ridiculous for people to place 100% of the blame on Chris Pardue and call for his head halfway through his second season.

 

Consider this...in 2004 Breathitt County went 10-0, won their first playoff game with ease, and then got blasted by Prestonsburg. Disappointing to say the least. They followed that up with a 4-7 campaign. For argument's sake, let's say that Coach Holcomb had retired after the '03 season and we'd had a new coach the past two years. How would that have gone over?

 

We're 6-1 this year with a lineup that is loaded with freshmen and sophomores and has exceeded most expectations for the team. No, they aren't as good as a lot of Bobcat teams from the past, but they are playing well, better than most expected, and the future looks bright.

 

Boyle County fans need to calm down and give Pardue a chance. I guarantee they'll bounce back. They might even surprise some people before this season is over.

Quite the opposite. I was agreeing with your post and rolling my eyes at the fans that are blaming the entire lack of sucess on the coaching staff, not to mention ridiculing the coaching staff's decisions. If the sophmores are even as good, then they should be playing.:thumb:

Quite the opposite. I was agreeing with your post and rolling my eyes at the fans that are blaming the entire lack of sucess on the coaching staff, not to mention ridiculing the coaching staff's decisions. If the sophmores are even as good, then they should be playing.:thumb:

 

I'm not sure I agree with that, but I understand the logic behind. I just think if you have two players you view as equal, in most cases the senior should get the nod. First, as a reward for what he's given to the program, and secondly, his experience and maturity advantage might prove to be crucial at some point.

 

But, truthfully, here's what I'd do. I'd let them split time, until one of them separated himself based on what I wanted from them (not what fans or anyone else thinks). However, I would still find a way to get the other guy on the field some.

 

Anyway, I just think Boyle County fans are struggling a little with the sudden lack of success. It's like culture shock. :D I think they'll calm down at some point, and some of them will likely regret some of the things they've posted on here. I'd say Coach Pardue is suffering from some of that culture shock and he's not quite sure how to handle it. He'll learn from this. I really think they'll be fine in the long run.

Best play he ever called was "Center Sneak" For some reason that plays holds a special memory in my life. For those who don't know what this play is. Say it's 3rd or 4th down with inches to go. The center pretends to hike the ball and than just falls forwad for a first down or touchdown, while the rest of the team yells fumble!! and piles on. After the Refs removes the pile the center (Me) has the yardage needed for a firstdown or touchdown. I don't think this play was ever legal, but it sure was fun.

 

 

:bunny: Boy this brings back memories Hatz! :bunny: :bunny: :D

 

 

Yeah but Chris Hilton took one about 35 yards to the house our Freshman year but it was called back. :D

like wise with you as well. I was sounding bad was I? I was just saying that if you are praticeing well then let the other team show them why it's important. I wasn't refering to all just pointing out that sometimes coaches don't have to handle this themselfs the other team will. You go out into 3A football unprepared and your going to get it handed to you. Keep up everyone and the wheels will find their way back on the wagon. Good luck to you all as well and until we tee it up again........LTW.

I in no way meant for you to think that I thought anything different than what your post said. If you misunderstood, me I am truly sorry. I actually was agreeing with you - with just a little bit added:D

Did anyone notice when Phillip Mason finally came off the field, how limp his left arm was. He had taken an extremely hard hit earlier but stayed on the field even when the Freshman QB wanted to replace him. I couldn't help but notice that only one coach slowly moved 20 yards along the line of BC players to reach him. It was obvious he was concerned with Mason's injury. It was also his JV team that went in the forth quarter and started moving the ball. I wonder what makes the JV team, and coach, so different?

 

Thoughts?

Did anyone notice when Phillip Mason finally came off the field, how limp his left arm was. He had taken an extremely hard hit earlier but stayed on the field even when the Freshman QB wanted to replace him. I couldn't help but notice that only one coach slowly moved 20 yards along the line of BC players to reach him. It was obvious he was concerned with Mason's injury. It was also his JV team that went in the forth quarter and started moving the ball. I wonder what makes the JV team, and coach, so different?

 

Thoughts?

I noticed this also. Mason came over the the sidelines and it looked as if his arm was limp and it looked like another kid was planning on going in for him, but Mason waved him off. This showed me that this kid, Mason, really wants to play. I was very impressed with Mason's play. I think he will be big plus in Boyle county's future. What I love about this kid is that he isn't afraid to take a hit.

This coming week is homecoming. They definately need a win here to refocus and remotivate these kids. I agree with Coach Pardue if he benches players that don't come to practice, I personally think players should be cut if they don't practice. I'm not sure what the situation was, but I do know that Stevens and Miller are two of his playmakers. Now, not playing your playmakers is what I don't understand.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.