Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County All-Time Wins By Coach

Featured Replies

This one was started under the "Winningest Teams in Kentucky since 2000" thread, but I thought I would break it out separately. One of the better programs over the last 15 years. I show it back to 1963. Here's what we have so far:

Chris Pardue (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969 ? - 1973): ??-??

Can anyone fill in the missing pieces ?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

    Got to see Coach Ed Rall tonight. Wonderful man and football coach! @Hatz @Country @Rebel @BEChargers

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

  • Rall, Stewart, and French all three I looked up to and where great role models for young kids.    

Posted Images

Not sure on exact numbers, but something like this:

Buchanan (69-73): 22-32-1 or 21-33-1 ??

Jim Greer (67-68): 0-20/ 0-22 ??

I believe Boyle started playing football in 60 or 61, and had some good teams early. Not sure if the new school played football the first year. But, Perryville had some great teams - I believe won state titles in 8 man football.

Hope this helps.

- ChiefSmoke

  • Author
ChiefSmoke said:

Not sure on exact numbers, but something like this:

Buchanan (69-73): 22-32-1 or 21-33-1 ??

Jim Greer (67-68): 0-20/ 0-22 ??

I believe Boyle started playing football in 60 or 61, and had some good teams early. Not sure if the new school played football the first year. But, Perryville had some great teams - I believe won state titles in 8 man football.

Hope this helps.

- ChiefSmoke

Thanks Chief. We need info back to 1960 then. Adding in what you provided:

Chris Pardue (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

atalltexan said:

Thanks Chief. We need info back to 1960 then. Adding in what you provided:

Chris Pardue (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

1963 Boyle was 9-0. They were ineligible for post-season play that year.

To my knowledge no one I know of has a record for '64.

'65 the Rebels were 7-2-2 and district champs. (Jay Reynolds was on that squad I believe)

'66 is unknown to me. I'm guessing a winning season because they beat Danville 19-0 that year.

Everything else, you have covered.

  • Author
Hatz said:

1963 Boyle was 9-0. They were ineligible for post-season play that year.

To my knowledge no one I know of has a record for '64.

'65 the Rebels were 7-2-2 and district champs. (Jay Reynolds was on that squad I believe)

'66 is unknown to me. I'm guessing a winning season because they beat Danville 19-0 that year.

Everything else, you have covered.

Chris Pardue (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

????????(1966) ??-??

?????????(1965) 7-2-2

?????????(1964) ??-??

?????????(1963) 9-0

?????????(1961-62) ??-??

We're getting closer to the total record.

atalltexan said:

Chris Pardue (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

????????(1966) ??-??

?????????(1965) 7-2-2

?????????(1964) ??-??

?????????(1963) 9-0

?????????(1961-62) ??-??

We're getting closer to the total record.

There were no teams in '61 and '62. Boyle County came into existence in the fall of '63 so that is their first season.

Boyle was the result of a merger of all the small county schools: Junction City (a 45th District Basketball powerhouse), Perryville (an 8 man football powerhouse), Parksville, East End, Forkland and Mitchellsburg (?).

  • Author
There were no teams in '61 and '62. Boyle County came into existence in the fall of '63 so that is their first season.

 

Boyle was the result of a merger of all the small county schools: Junction City (a 45th District Basketball powerhouse), Perryville (an 8 man football powerhouse), Parksville, East End, Forkland and Mitchellsburg (?).

 

Thanks for the input. Then we have:

 

 

Chirs Parude (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

????????(1966) ??-??

?????????(1965) 7-2-2

?????????(1964) ??-??

?????????(1963) 9-0

 

TOTAL: 293-185-1 (missing 1964 and '66)

Thanks for the input. Then we have:

 

 

Chirs Parude (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

????????(1966) ??-??

?????????(1965) 7-2-2

?????????(1964) ??-??

?????????(1963) 9-0

 

TOTAL: 293-185-1 (missing 1964 and '66)

 

I believe the name of the coach from the early 60's is Dennis Sexton. I have a copy of his playbook. I have also seen a document that included scores and records for every Boyle season. I am not sure where I saw it, or if I have it. Maybe it was in an old program a long time ago- I am not sure.

I will look for this stuff today.

 

Hanging in my office, I have 3 old Boyle pictures. One is of Buchanan and Robert Allen Yankey on the sideline together the night they beat Danville in 1969, 8-6. The other two pictures are of Charlie Mayfield running the ball. One of those pics has him scoring a TD, running toward the old scoreboard, when the clock was still a dial as opposed to the digits we see today.

 

You have to be old to have stuff that good! :sssh:

  • Author
I believe the name of the coach from the early 60's is Dennis Sexton. I have a copy of his playbook. I have also seen a document that included scores and records for every Boyle season. I am not sure where I saw it, or if I have it. Maybe it was in an old program a long time ago- I am not sure.

I will look for this stuff today.

 

Hanging in my office, I have 3 old Boyle pictures. One is of Buchanan and Robert Allen Yankey on the sideline together the night they beat Danville in 1969, 8-6. The other two pictures are of Charlie Mayfield running the ball. One of those pics has him scoring a TD, running toward the old scoreboard, when the clock was still a dial as opposed to the digits we see today.

 

You have to be old to have stuff that good! :sssh:

 

Great stuff Chief. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks for the input. Then we have:

 

 

Chirs Parude (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

????????(1966) ??-??

?????????(1965) 7-2-2

?????????(1964) ??-??

?????????(1963) 9-0

 

TOTAL: 293-185-1 (missing 1964 and '66)

 

 

Actually there were the 2 ties in '65 that you forgot about. :thumb:

 

As a Boyle grad I want to thank you for getting a lot of this data together because I had known for quite a while that Boyle had periods of solid football before Chuck Smith but he took the Rebels to another sphere.

I believe the name of the coach from the early 60's is Dennis Sexton. I have a copy of his playbook. I have also seen a document that included scores and records for every Boyle season. I am not sure where I saw it, or if I have it. Maybe it was in an old program a long time ago- I am not sure.

I will look for this stuff today.

 

Hanging in my office, I have 3 old Boyle pictures. One is of Buchanan and Robert Allen Yankey on the sideline together the night they beat Danville in 1969, 8-6. The other two pictures are of Charlie Mayfield running the ball. One of those pics has him scoring a TD, running toward the old scoreboard, when the clock was still a dial as opposed to the digits we see today.

 

You have to be old to have stuff that good! :sssh:

 

 

I will always have the image of Robert Allen Yankey from the memorial in the glass class that used to be at Boyle. His jersey hung there and every year an award was given called the 110% Robert Allen Yankey award.

 

Thanks for bringing back memories of Rebels past. :thumb:

Great stuff Chief. Let me know what you find out.

 

I found the playbook, with a schedule from 1965, and scouting reports on Danville, Garrard, and Glasgow. But, I couldn't find the records. I also found my dad's practice schedules from 1969. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. PaulDean or RebelRev might be able to help us out.

I found the playbook, with a schedule from 1965, and scouting reports on Danville, Garrard, and Glasgow. But, I couldn't find the records. I also found my dad's practice schedules from 1969. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. PaulDean or RebelRev might be able to help us out.
Where else did your Dad coach? Records?
  • Author

With the corrections:

 

Chris Parude (2005-06): 17-8

Chuck Smith (1992-04): 142-33

John Griggs (1989-1991): 5-25

Sam Burke (1988): 2-8

Ed Rall (1974-1987): 94-57

John Buchanan (1969-1973): 22-32-1

Jim Greer (1967-68): 0-20

????????(1966) ??-??

?????????(1965) 7-2-2

?????????(1964) ??-??

?????????(1963) 9-0

 

TOTAL: 293-185-3 (missing 1964 and '66)

I will always have the image of Robert Allen Yankey from the memorial in the glass class that used to be at Boyle. His jersey hung there and every year an award was given called the 110% Robert Allen Yankey award.

 

Thanks for bringing back memories of Rebels past. :thumb:

I will never understand why they took the Robert Allen Yankey award out of the case and stuck it "goodness knows where". I asked about it one day and they acted as if I was talking about something they had never heard of. Which they probably hadn't. I explained what it was and they just said that they had no idea where it was. I guess you would have had to have lived those years to understand why he was so important to this school. If they would only bring it back and each year explain to the team what he was all about, perhaps ---- well just perhaps.:cry:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.