Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All BGP team

Featured Replies

Congrats to all the young men selected and thanks to all the folks who selected the team for all your hard work. I'm sure it took a lot of time to make the selections as there were many, many worthy kids to be considered. Again congrats to all and thanks to the Ru and your assistants for your work in doing this.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry BGP, but you got it more wrong than right. The CJ (and probably the AP) did a better job this year.

Not one person from Mercer?!?!

Congrats to all the young men selected and thanks to all the folks who selected the team for all your hard work. I'm sure it took a lot of time to make the selections as there were many, many worthy kids to be considered. Again congrats to all and thanks to the Ru and your assistants for your work in doing this.

 

I have only one pick that I question on the "O" side and really love that you picked LB - Joe Gamsky, South Oldham. This young man was the best player that I saw play, all year long......

Not one person from Mercer?!?!

 

How about five from CovCath?!?!?

Thanks for the work and effort that went into this endeavor. The only criticism I have is one that has been leveled at BGP football in the past - it appears geographically tilted. X, T, and Male had a total of six players. Cov Cath alone had five. Jefferson County has six players and Cov Cath., Fort Thomas, Newport Cath and Ryle have eight players. No doubt there is a very high caliber of football played at these schools, but it strains credulity to claim that there were 33% more first teamers there than at X, T, PRP, Manual, Western, Central, Holy Cross and Male combined. I am not questioning the sincerity of the voters, but this should be a lesson for all posters. I have posted several "Greatest ever" type threads (Coach, etc.) and invariably a large segment of posters select the coach, team, etc. from their favorite school or region. It goes to show that we are human.

 

Again, thanks for the effort BGP!

Horrible. Would it hurt to have a few players looked at around here. Congradulations to the Russell players. I would have thought on the BGP that you would have looked at the bigger picture and selected the athletes from a bigger selection of schools.

Thanks for the work and effort that went into this endeavor. The only criticism I have is one that has been leveled at BGP football in the past - it appears geographically tilted. X, T, and Male had a total of six players. Cov Cath alone had five. Jefferson County has six players and Cov Cath., Fort Thomas, Newport Cath and Ryle have eight players. No doubt there is a very high caliber of football played at these schools, but it strains credulity to claim that there were 33% more first teamers there than at X, T, PRP, Manual, Western, Central, Holy Cross and Male combined. I am not questioning the sincerity of the voters, but this should be a lesson for all posters. I have posted several "Greatest ever" type threads (Coach, etc.) and invariably a large segment of posters select the coach, team, etc. from their favorite school or region. It goes to show that we are human.

 

Again, thanks for the effort BGP!

NCC only had one, and he is signed and going to the University of Louisville to play football. I'd say he deserved to be on the team, by you including NCC in your rant above, you are questioning the choice of this kid, and surely you wouldn't do that. I assure you he blongs on this team.

Instead of complaining that this is geographically biased, why not make some comparisons to those that did make the team as opposed to those who did not.

 

Not just by saying oh well so and so should have made it, list why. Then maybe you'd have some ground to stand on.

Not one person from Mercer?!?!

 

I agree with you, no one from Mercer? How do you overlook athletes like Brandon Ford, Chris Lewis, Rashad Buster, Freeman Edwards, Blake Arnold, Sam Blackburn, or Cory Jackson? You all missed the boat on this one!

 

But, congratulations to the ones who did make it. Great year!

Not sure how offensive lineman James Sheppard of Christian Co., a Purdue committ, is not on the list. A lot of folks can complain and not everyone can make the team, but a Big 10 commit should have made the team IMO.

Instead of complaining that this is geographically biased, why not make some comparisons to those that did make the team as opposed to those who did not.

 

Not just by saying oh well so and so should have made it, list why. Then maybe you'd have some ground to stand on.

I disagree with you. We should not bring the kids into the discussion, they didn't vote for themselves. I do agree with Diogenes. This poll reflects the NKY heavy nature of this site. I think you missed Diogene's point. Maybe the kid from NewCath is the top kid in the state, he isn't questioning that. He is questioning how NKY has twice as many members as Jefferson County. If its a "share the credit" type of senario, how do you explain five from CovCath? I won't stoop to proclaiming this poll a"joke" as some have about others, but I wouldn't condemn anyone for doing so.

OK, how about some comparisions. Does anyone know of a defensive lineman that has scored three touchdowns in a season? One at a district game aganist Lexington. How about a linebacker that has made as many or more tackles than anyone on that list. He was good enough to make HM on Louisville's. How about a quarterback that is known for the amount of yardage he has thrown for and connected and was named one of the best quarterbacks in the state. We have three of those players. We do have a tendacy to back our own but we have facts and figures to back them up.

Thanks for the work and effort that went into this endeavor. The only criticism I have is one that has been leveled at BGP football in the past - it appears geographically tilted. X, T, and Male had a total of six players. Cov Cath alone had five. Jefferson County has six players and Cov Cath., Fort Thomas, Newport Cath and Ryle have eight players. No doubt there is a very high caliber of football played at these schools, but it strains credulity to claim that there were 33% more first teamers there than at X, T, PRP, Manual, Western, Central, Holy Cross and Male combined. I am not questioning the sincerity of the voters, but this should be a lesson for all posters. I have posted several "Greatest ever" type threads (Coach, etc.) and invariably a large segment of posters select the coach, team, etc. from their favorite school or region. It goes to show that we are human.

 

Again, thanks for the effort BGP!

I think Louisville has 8 players, (7 from Jefferson County and one from Oldham). You forgot Joe Scott from Central and Joe Gamsky from South Oldham.

How about five from CovCath?!?!?

That's pretty amazing. Is that a BGP record?

 

How did Cov Cath lose a game this year?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.