Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All BGP team

Featured Replies

Actually 1A had 2 players selected. Kiernan from NCC and Cole from Somerset.

 

Thanks, I was sure I was probably miscounting...anyway I would have liked to have seen more than 2 out of 36 be from 1A schools, not saying that you have to divide it evenly, thatt there should necessarily be 9 per class (6 next year). It is hard to get recogition in 1A, so I would guess that people would hear more about the bigger programs then the smaller ones, unless you follow a small program yourself. I am new to BGP this year. Maybe there have been more in past years.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I was sure I was probably miscounting...anyway I would have liked to have seen more than 2 out of 36 be from 1A schools, not saying that you have to divide it evenly, thatt there should necessarily be 9 per class (6 next year). It is hard to get recogition in 1A, so I would guess that people would hear more about the bigger programs then the smaller ones, unless you follow a small program yourself. I am new to BGP this year. Maybe there have been more in past years.

Go to Classsic Bluegrass Preps and you can see for yourself.....:thumb:

:D Just came from there. I didn't do any in depth study, but a quick glance seems to show that 1 or 2 1A players is par for the course. Again, not saying that ANY of the young men that did make it didn't rightfully deserve it.:thumb:

fair or foul,

 

Yes, we took a hard look at Griffin and if we had a second team he would have been right there.

 

Also, Griffin is a WR and Sutton is a TE so comparing the two is not relevant.

 

If you want to compare stats alone you should compare Griffin to Cole and Caldwell.

 

Also, the AP had Griffin on their 3rd team which puts him in the 7 to 9 range and the CJ had him as HM which puts him in the 7 to 32 range.

maxell, anyone can make the team no matter what grade they are in.

 

oldram, I am not sure what you mean by this comment, "I also know you cant be fair all the time either," but I can tell you the comment is not received well. If you feel the need to make more BGP is "horrible" and BGP is not "fair" comments you need to take it to email at [email protected]

To address several people, school class size is not a consideration for the All BGP Team. We don't discriminate against small school players and we don't add small school players to the team just to have them.

I think you did a fantastic job, I don't believe I could pick 36 over all players each year but you guys seem to do so. I know there is much time involved and I want you to know a lot of us apperciate all the work. In past I don't remember a lot of neg statements and you GURU having to do explaining on how and why? Maybe just me. Anyways I'm proud to be a member of this fourm and it just thrills me that FOOTBALL is alive and doing well in this state. Keep it up BGP and I'll continue to enjoy. Congrad's to all who made this list of players I'm sure you were big time players for your fans to see every Friday night. Good luck in your future endevors.

LTW, thanks for the kind words.

 

As far as explaining goes, I believe we at BGP have a duty to explain the how and why, and I don't mind doing it at all.

To address several people, school class size is not a consideration for the All BGP Team. We don't discriminate against small school players and we don't add small school players to the team just to have them.

 

I did not mean to imply that any all-state team should have X number of players only from small schools, just that it is harder for small schools themselves to standout, so their standout players sometimes do not get the same recognition as bigger programs. That is just the hand that they are dealt - nothing unfair about it.

I think you did a fantastic job, I don't believe I could pick 36 over all players each year but you guys seem to do so. I know there is much time involved and I want you to know a lot of us apperciate all the work. In past I don't remember a lot of neg statements and you GURU having to do explaining on how and why? Maybe just me. Anyways I'm proud to be a member of this fourm and it just thrills me that FOOTBALL is alive and doing well in this state. Keep it up BGP and I'll continue to enjoy. Congrad's to all who made this list of players I'm sure you were big time players for your fans to see every Friday night. Good luck in your future endevors.

:thumb: :thumb: I really don't know a kid on this list but then again, I don't think I have to. I would only assume that the people putting together this list gave it much thought and consideration, and thank goodness it wasn't me. If I had nominated someone it would have been a nomination from my heart and even I am smart enough to know that my nomination wouldn't stand up to the obvious talent that was chosen. I am just thrilled and honored that I got to witness such a talented group of kids that I got to see play this year. I commend each and every football player and every football coach in the state of Kentucky. I wish the best for each of them in whatever this coming season brings to them.

:thumb: :thumb: I really don't know a kid on this list but then again, I don't think I have to. I would only assume that the people putting together this list gave it much thought and consideration, and thank goodness it wasn't me. If I had nominated someone it would have been a nomination from my heart and even I am smart enough to know that my nomination wouldn't stand up to the obvious talent that was chosen. I am just thrilled and honored that I got to witness such a talented group of kids that I got to see play this year. I commend each and every football player and every football coach in the state of Kentucky. I wish the best for each of them in whatever this coming season brings to them.

 

This is a great post! :ylsuper:

I This poll reflects the NKY heavy nature of this site. ..... He is questioning how NKY has twice as many members as Jefferson County. If its a "share the credit" type of senario, how do you explain five from CovCath? I won't stoop to proclaiming this poll a"joke" as some have about others, but I wouldn't condemn anyone for doing so.

 

So CJ having 33% of their FIRST TEAM OFFENSE being from Trinity is fine but BGP having 5/36 from CCH shows a NKY bias?

 

Please.

^ Both are fine...but do some research on how the CJ does theirs/.

^ Both are fine...but do some research on how the CJ does theirs/.

Not sure what your getting at, just read the link from Jody Demling for the second time and I get how they are selected, I also get how BGP is done. Two completely different ideas but both net two good polls and with the same core of players being on both. Trinity through the coaches votes had 33% of the starters on offense and CCH through the nominations and BGP selection had 14% of the total 36.

 

What's your point on the CJ comment ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.