Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All BGP team

Featured Replies

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all of the young men chosen. I am sure that they are each worthy of being named.

 

I would have to be difficult to consider things from all angles. My wish would be to see more players from smaller schools on the list. I believe from 1A, there was only one player, but at least the COY was from a 1A school. I think if an all state team allows for more players to be named, then you can include players from smaller schools. That is an advantage that the CJ all-state team has.

 

You know how the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time...etc, ect, etc. Thanks to all who worked on the selections. I am sure it must have been difficut!

I know making these things aren't easy and someone has to be left out but I would have put Clark Jeter from Henry Clay in there somewhere. Most likely one of the athletes.

Jody sent me a link explaining several things about the CJ Allstar Team.

 

Here is the link.

 

 

Thanks Ru. :thumb: I now have a whole new respect for the process of All State selection.

Congratulations to all of the young men chosen. I am sure that they are each worthy of being named.

 

I would have to be difficult to consider things from all angles. My wish would be to see more players from smaller schools on the list. I believe from 1A, there was only one player, but at least the COY was from a 1A school. I think if an all state team allows for more players to be named, then you can include players from smaller schools. That is an advantage that the CJ all-state team has.

 

You know how the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time...etc, ect, etc. Thanks to all who worked on the selections. I am sure it must have been difficut!

 

Actually 1A had 2 players selected. Kiernan from NCC and Cole from Somerset.

Congrats to all who made the team, I was going to respond to some of the negative sentiment on N. KY but the Guru took care of that for me.

 

His most valid point: If you want a kid on the team NOMINATE HIM !!!!!!

 

I nominated 3 kids who all made it, and I'm sure they received countless other nominations also. Don't come in after the fact after you have'nt nominated them, have'nt seen them play and make comments.

 

This years CCH team had an extraordinary 7 or 8 players who would have been stars NO MATTER WHO THEY PLAYED FOR. As the Guru mentioned you have to look at each guy on an individual basis not an overall number, they were all certainly deserving.

What was the first year of the BGP team?

Cannot make everyone happy there is always someone who is going to be left off. I see nothing wrong as long as Douglas was Player of the Year. Great job BGP.

What was the first year of the BGP team?

 

The team of 2003, graduates of 2004. It's in the BGP Classic.

Are freshmans and sophmores allowed to make this team or is it all juniors and seniors.

Guru, did Brandon Griffen from Campbell County get looked at? I believe his offensive stats were way above Sutton's. Don't take that wrong, Sutton is a great player. But Brandon's stats led all of NKY and Cincinnati. He also played safety and returned punts and kickoffs on special teams. There was a reason why there was't any long passes completed against the Camels, it usually got picked. I know you were at a couple of games and saw a few of very many athletic catches he had. I believe you were at the game he had 299 yards receiving. His size might keep him from playing D1, but that should not keep him off this team. IMO, I just think you guys may have missed one.

Congratulations to all of the young men chosen. I am sure that they are each worthy of being named.

 

I would have to be difficult to consider things from all angles. My wish would be to see more players from smaller schools on the list. I believe from 1A, there was only one player, but at least the COY was from a 1A school. I think if an all state team allows for more players to be named, then you can include players from smaller schools. That is an advantage that the CJ all-state team has.

 

You know how the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time...etc, ect, etc. Thanks to all who worked on the selections. I am sure it must have been difficut!

 

I do not feel like I need to start a thread as suggested by Guru. I did take all his point under advisement. I was only answering to a statement to make some comparisions. You cant put all the boys on the list i know that. I also know you cant be fair all the time either. I do think the CJ gave a more fair approach to the smaller schools. It is not a players choice most of the time what high school he plays for or what schedule he plays but if they do great things where they are why shouldnt they get recognized. Bigger doesnt always mean better and size of the players are not always everything.

I do like the athlets catagory. Can you widden that to include a few more players from smaller schools. Maybe that is the perfect catagory for them.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.