Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All BGP team

Featured Replies

I am going to try to address all the comments about the BGP Team:

 

1. On Mercer, we took a hard look at their team but no one could come to a consensus on any one or two players from Mercer and the comments in this thread from Mercer people echo the same. Mercer had a very nice football team but I am not sure they had any All BGP Players.

 

2. There is a lot of talk about five from CCH. Consider each player on the team. Popham was 1st team CJ, AP, and BGP so I don't think anyone can argue with this pick. Flynn was 1st AP and BGP. Also, he was a 4 year starter at CCH (which is really saying something). Castaneda is a lock down corner and a three year starter who will probably play at one of the highest two levels of college football. Sutton is a D1 player if he decides to play college football. Also on Sutton, since the AP and CJ don't have TEs on their team it is hard to compare apples to sexy oranges. Brown could be a poster boy for our All Athlete Team.

 

3. oldram, I would like you to start your own thread on players you think should have made the team and please make your case for them.

 

4. On James Sheppard of Christian County, no one nominated him. Remember, anyone can nominate a player and some of the best nominations come from relatives because their heart is in it. Chicks dig Scars, in the future please nominate anyone you deem worthy.

 

5. LSU and Diogenes, no one questioned us last year when there was only one NKY player on the team. I believe we had four NKY players in 2004 (three D1 players and Menetrey who plays RB for Georgetown) and three in 2003 (two D1 players and a D1 baseball player). You guys say NKY bias, we say good year for talent in NKY.

 

6. sportsfan57, who are you speaking of?

 

7. kele_okereke, you need to make a case for individual players from EKY?

 

8. woodsrider, Scribe did a good job explaining the process we use. Everyone has an opinion on which team is best but I firmly believe our process is the best.

 

9. FBALL, Beaumont is good in every position and that is why he is our player of the year.

 

10. Golfer, Ox nailed you before I could respond. And to answer your question it would have been QB or nothing for Petrino.

 

11. I have some constructive criticism for the AP, you need to limit your teams to 11 or 12 per team. 17 players on the 1st team Defense is way too many. It looks like the AP is trying to make all the people happy and it is not fair to compare the AP to the CJ or the BGP if you are going to have that many players on one team. Again, it is apples to sexy oranges.

 

12. This one goes out to the AP and the CJ, I think you should name TEs and not just WRs. And, with all three teams and your HM I think you named half of the players in KY. My point again is comparing the BGP Team (which names only 36 players) to the AP and CJ that name well over 100 is a tall task.

 

I will do my best to address any questions about the All BGP Team I just ask that everyone keep it positive.

I was just wondering if Fields Davis, Drew McDavid or even Matt Thomas got any consideration for the team?
  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Robey from Trinity. 1st All District, AP and CJ. That's who.

The insulting tone of your post isn't deserved or appreciated. No one is asking for domination of lists. In fact they are questioning the domination of the list. I (as well as others) have not dismissed any of the kids that made the team, they didn't choose themselves. I am of the opinion that it is not as well done as the other polls.

Rather ironic since everyone of your previous posts in this thread were insulting !!!!!! or atleast making an attempt to be inflamatory

Congratulations to all of the young men chosen. I am sure that they are each worthy of being named.

 

I would have to be difficult to consider things from all angles. My wish would be to see more players from smaller schools on the list. I believe from 1A, there was only one player, but at least the COY was from a 1A school. I think if an all state team allows for more players to be named, then you can include players from smaller schools. That is an advantage that the CJ all-state team has.

 

You know how the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time...etc, ect, etc. Thanks to all who worked on the selections. I am sure it must have been difficut!

Have to agree, just seems all the all state teams overlook 1A unless it is a team deep into the playoffs or stste championship games. Maybe Ky should look at what some other states I have coached in have done and vote all state by classifications. Yes I know some will holler about it being watered down, but in other states we never heard that argument.

Have to agree, just seems all the all state teams overlook 1A unless it is a team deep into the playoffs or stste championship games. Maybe Ky should look at what some other states I have coached in have done and vote all state by classifications. Yes I know some will holler about it being watered down, but in other states we never heard that argument.

 

I second that. While I'm not complaining with the BGP poll, I do feel the kids from the lesser known programs get overlooked. I personally did nominate a player from a small school. I didn't think he would make the team but I felt he deserved to be nominated.

I am going to try to address all the comments about the BGP Team:

 

1. On Mercer, we took a hard look at their team but no one could come to a consensus on any one or two players from Mercer and the comments in this thread from Mercer people echo the same. Mercer had a very nice football team but I am not sure they had any All BGP Players.

 

 

 

What players from Mercer County were nominated?

maxell, anyone can make the team no matter what grade they are in.

 

oldram, I am not sure what you mean by this comment, "I also know you cant be fair all the time either," but I can tell you the comment is not received well. If you feel the need to make more BGP is "horrible" and BGP is not "fair" comments you need to take it to email at [email protected]

Horrible should not have been used and i apologize for that comment. Being new to the BGP i thought that the bigger schools get seen by the bigger papers and that the BGP see all. I know in my heart that all of these kids are extremely deserving. My thoughts on the word fair is, "Does the Eastern Ky. kids get a fair look but not only BGP but by all?" I have enjoyed my time on the BGP and for the most part all of us support each others kids, coaches etc.. I think it is ok to voice opinions on the 1A or 2A schools in Eastern Ky. I feel that if enough of us raise a voice maybe someone will hear us.

 

You do not have to explain yourself. The BGP made the decision with great thought. I will use my head on the words i use rather than the old emotional heart. I apologize.

Horrible should not have been used and i apologize for that comment. Being new to the BGP i thought that the bigger schools get seen by the bigger papers and that the BGP see all. I know in my heart that all of these kids are extremely deserving. My thoughts on the word fair is, "Does the Eastern Ky. kids get a fair look but not only BGP but by all?" I have enjoyed my time on the BGP and for the most part all of us support each others kids, coaches etc.. I think it is ok to voice opinions on the 1A or 2A schools in Eastern Ky. I feel that if enough of us raise a voice maybe someone will hear us.

 

You do not have to explain yourself. The BGP made the decision with great thought. I will use my head on the words i use rather than the old emotional heart. I apologize.

Eastern Ky players...

BGP - 5...13.9%

AP 1st Team - 4...12.9% (same as WKY & NKY)

CJ 1st Team - 5...20.8% (WKY - 3, NKY - 2)

 

I would say Eastern Ky gets as much if not more looks then other parts.

Thank you for your post. I explained what i was thinking and at the time I admit i was upset at the coming out of our all area team in our newspaper. Again it was an opinion in my heart to say that i thought that both large and small school all area should be put in the paper at the same time. Large area schools was announced on front page in a Sunday paper the smaller schools nothing on front and put in a tuesday paper. I think my heart was talking when i mentioned the word fair.

 

I do think you should read the posts on this page before this one. I am not the only one that feels the way i do. I apologized for using the wrong wording and making it sound like an attack.

I was just upset about the two different things at once and i cried foul. Shouldnt of done it and i have paid for it with my own conscience.

I was looking for Ashland, Russell, Boyd County, Raceland, Greenup, Fairview,

East and West Carter. When i say Eastern Ky.

I was just wondering if Fields Davis, Drew McDavid or even Matt Thomas got any consideration for the team?

 

Yes, all three of them were nominated by a member of the Ashland coaching staff.

 

In general terms, there was a log jam at LB this year and there was a handful of outstanding WRs making entry onto the team at one of those positions very difficult. On Thomas, he is on the watch list for 2007.

Sam Robey from Trinity. 1st All District, AP and CJ. That's who.

 

We took a very hard look at Robey that included us soliciting additional information about him from several sources. Robey was in our next group of OL and I would consider him an early favorite for the 2007 All BGP Team.

What players from Mercer County were nominated?

 

Chris Lewis

Freeman Edwards

Brandon Ford

Cory Jackson

Donald Walker

 

Two of the players (I am not going to name them) received strong consideration and probably would have made the team if we had a second team.

 

 

Nice team, as always!

 

I thought there were a few surprises, but mostly position placement. All in all, I don't think you can put a more solid team up across the board.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.