Everything posted by DawgsFan100
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 7)
-
Allen County-Scottsville at Warren East Updates/Predictions
@TheBallCoachI think the playoff games between district 1 and 2 are going to be fantastic games. Still so many ways that things could shake out with both districts but other than PT I think all of the teams are very close in talent level. Some important games coming up to decide home field advantage for both districts. Going to be fun!
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 4A Football Rankings 9/25
I honestly would expect to see lots of upsets in 4a playoffs this year. I don't think the dropoff is that much from teams 6-15ish. Some teams will matchup better with others and I expect to see lots of close games in the playoffs especially in the east. Going to be a battle. Obviously I think 1-4 are much better than the rest but should make for a fun postseason.
-
John Hardin vs. Thomas Nelson Predictions/Updates
JH played its worst game all season long on Friday night. Penalties, turnovers on offense and a couple big plays kept Breck in the game. JH was down 3 starters but it is no excuse for what happened Friday night. However, a win is a win. It was interesting seeing the coaching staff try to run some shotgun sets on offense (which got flagged for false starts 80% of the time). Being able to spread a defense out will be key for this offense against better teams. Need a clean game this week so they can get ready for Bardstown next week. JH big in this one JH - 42 Thomas Nelson - 6
-
Allen County-Scottsville at Warren East Updates/Predictions
This game will likely decide who is the 3 seed in District 1. Going to be a really good game I think. ACS last 4 games have been a gauntlet and I think that will help get them ready. I think ACS takes a close one. WE - 13 ACS - 23
-
Franklin County 50 Shelby County 7
I must have missed something. Whats the beef between Franklin and Shelby?
-
Warren East 33 Hopkinsville 12
I think district 1 is a very good district in 4a and all 3 teams (ACS, East Logan) behind PT will be very tough outs in the playoffs
-
Franklin-Simpson at Glasgow Predictions/Updates
I think Glasgows size will be the X-factor in this matchup. If Glasgow can shut down FS run game it’ll be hard. I will say FS can throw the ball to keep them honest and even will run some shotgun threat which hopefully will lighten up the box. I think it’ll be a close low scoring game but I’ll go Glasgow just because of their advantage up front FS 17 Glasgow 20
-
John Hardin 37 Breckinridge County 18
John played awful tonight. Bad start allowing a deep touchdown early in the game. They tried to spread it out early and connected on a 85 yard touchdown pass. Then proceed to fumble the next possession and also throw a pick 6 right at halftime. JH showed fight in 2nd half as they got back on the ground and got 2 pick 6s one by DJ Hightower who is a freshman. They showed some dominance in the 2nd half but left knowing they have a lot to work on. Onto the next one
-
Best Coach in the State NOT to win a State Title?
Mark Browns run at JH was historic, he has to be on the list. Between a failed 2 point conversion vs St. X, hook and ladder vs BG and losing in a state championship game it is absolutely wild he did not get one championship while here.
-
Kentucky at Vanderbilt Predictions/Updates
I'm not even a huge KY fan just like following local teams but Kentucky does this almost every year. They struggle with their non-conference and play down to opponents. I think this KY team is a 8-9 win team with where the SEC is this year. When they won 10 games in 2021 they almost lost to Chattanooga game 1 or 2. Long season. KY will have something their fans aren't used too imo which is a high octane offense. WIth Leary at QB and so many weapons like Robinson, Key and Brown they should score a bunch of points. Expect them to start opening up playbook as they jump into SEC play
-
Kentucky at Vanderbilt Predictions/Updates
What's with the UK hate? Vandy is not very good and Kentucky imo is still upper tier of SEC East. Will they win it? No, but you can't tell me they're not in the same league as Florida, Tennessee, SC and Mizzou. Kentucky still has a chance to make a good season out of this year. Very versatile on offense and may have been saving some plays for SEC play. I got the Cats 35-13
-
Green County at Barren County Predictions/Updates
This is going to be a very very good game Friday night. I'm leaning towards Green but I think itll be tight until the end. Give me Green 27-21
-
John Hardin at Breckinridge County Predictions/Updates
I would be shocked if this game is that close. Breck just lost to Nelson 50-6.... I have saw a little film on them and while they aren't the worst team in the state they still aren't very good.... Here's the problem with JH: Against teams like Breck, Iroquois and even Harrison they will be able to run the ball effectively regardless of how many people are in the box. They will dominate the LOS and break off some big runs and most likely win big. But when you play against teams like Green and KCD that are senior led you aren't going to be able to win in the trenches and you must be able to throw so teams can respect your speed and less people in box. JH is very much 1 dimensional right now but I don't think it matters against this team or next week vs Thomas Nelson. We will find out a whole lot against Bardstown in 3 weeks. But for this game I think John has the superior line and athletes and win 42-14. Hoping to see the coaching staff open this offense up a little in the coming weeks
-
Allen County-Scottsville at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I wouldn’t give my Dawgs an automatic 1 seed yet. Bardstown started slow but they played a really tough schedule and Nelson is 4-1 with a good rpi. I think our district is up for anyone 1-3
-
Allen County-Scottsville at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Watching District 1 as we will matchup with someone in 1st round of playoffs. District 1 is a gauntlet man. Between PT, ACS Logan and Warren East you have 4 very solid programs. Not even to mention Hopkinsville in there too. Getting the 1 seed is big for PT because then you will likely have Breck Co over either JH, Bardstown or Nelson. 1st round playoff games going to be really really good I think between these districts.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 6)
-
Bullitt East at North Hardin Predictions/Updates
I think at some point you have to accept what NH is right now. A lot of talent but not very well coached and undisciplined which is why they can never win the big game. Its frustrating to watch from the side and see all the talent go to waste. They should be competing with ANYONE in the state based on talent alone.
-
Bullitt East at North Hardin Predictions/Updates
BE by whatever number they desire. NH has lost a lot of fans and community support by the lack of discipline and results over the years. There is ZERO reason for NH to be losing games like they do with the talent they have on the field.
-
Central at Central Hardin Predictions/Updates
Calpreps has this 17-14 Central. I really do think this is a low scoring game. Turnovers will be key. Give me Central 20-13
-
Paducah Tilghman 44 Hopkinsville 14
Just curious on how you think District 1 will play out behind PT. Do you think it’ll be Logan East or ACS at the 2 seed? Really tough district man, so many good teams @TilghmanPride
-
Bardstown 34 Elizabethtown 21
We would use him right over here LOL.
-
John Hardin vs. Kentucky Country Day Predictions/Updates
The better team won tonight. I will say this: JH is close. They HAVE to be able to throw the ball. KCD kept bringing that safety down and had 8 in the box. Can’t run against that. JH defense played well but 3 TOs hurt JH. They need to figure some things out the next 2 weeks before Bardstown. Still have to remember they are very young.
-
North Hardin at Pleasure Ridge Park Predictions/Updates
Rinse and repeat. Same story year after year
-
North Hardin at Pleasure Ridge Park Predictions/Updates
I feel every season NH has the talent and never gets it done. There is zero reason for them to be giving up 40 with the athletes they have on the field.