Central at Central Hardin Predictions/Updates

Central at Central Hardin   

22 members have voted

1. 1. This feel like a must win for both teams. Who wins?

• Central Hardin
    • Central

This poll is closed to new votes

The Central Yellowjackets come to Cecilia Kentucky this Friday with a 1-4 record, losing to the likes of Manual, ST. Xavier, LaSalle (Cincinnati), and Bullitt East. 

They are led by QB Steven Smith (341 passing yards on the season). Leading running back Cortez Stone has 678 yards rushing on 122 attempts. Ironically, QB Cortez Stone is also the leading receiver on the team with 133 yards. Backup QB Steven Smith is responsible for getting him these yards. 

On defense, Avaion Johnson-McNeil has accounted for 37 tackles on the season, 32 of them being solo. 

Central Hardin is a shell of their former self and needs better QB play and decision making from QB Zach Spurrier. The offensive and defensive lines must play more physically up front also. Looking at this team, it seems like their best played game was the first game of the season. Not a downward spiral you want to be on going into week 6. 

This game probably lends itself to Central Hardin's strength, stopping the run. With that being said. Central Hardin should be able to break a 2-game losing streak and win a close one vs. Central.

My Prediction: Central Hardin 21 Central 20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this is an important game for Central. They’ve been competitive against all the 6A powers so far, but haven’t been able to score enough to win. Central Hardin is a good 6A team, but nowhere near the level of Manual, St. X, LaSalle, or Bullitt East. I think Central needs to win this game to prove themselves a bonafide challenger to CAL in 3A.

• Like 2

First team to 13 wins.  Central Hardin will have to play ball control & hope to score first to make their running game that much more effective.  In the end, Central is capable of big, one play scoring strikes & I'm not so sure Central Hardin is as much.  For that reason, I’ll take Central 13-7.

• Like 1

• mcpapa locked this topic