Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Astro Domino

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Astro Domino

  1. Only way Graves wins this game is if they win the turnover battle by 2+ which is possible with Mayfield having Sophomores at QB and RB getting their first starts of their career.
  2. One thing I noticed was after Mayfields first 2 drives they pulled all their first string receivers for the next 3 drives. They didn’t move the ball at all hardly after that. Idk why you would do that with 2 young QBs and only 2 weeks til the season starts.
  3. 1. Tilghman 2. BG 3. Mayfield 4. South Warren 5. OCath 6. Owensboro 7. Graves County 8. Madisonville 9. Henderson County 10. Murray
  4. 1. Beechwood 2. Mayfield 3. OCath 4. LCA 5. Somerset/Murray Everyone else
  5. Mayfield’s first ever football team from 1911.
  6. Thanks for the info. Wasn’t trying to spread false info. Just going off what I heard from a couple people.
  7. I have heard Martels Carter will not be playing for Paducah this fall. Any truth to that?
  8. This schedule is definitely not released by the school. Some random fan does this every year and I have no idea about their intelligence level.
  9. Not sure. Wayyy before my time. Mayfield has only had 3 coaches over the last 55 years. Their combined record is 627-118-2 since 1969. Over an 84% winning percentage amongst the three.
  10. I honestly don’t know. I would think he would rather be head coach and assistant principal. Time will tell. Sooner than later.
  11. If I was to guess Hatchell will get the head coaching job. But there is a wrench to throw in there. Hatchell has been the assistant principal the past few years and the superintendent just retired also and the current principal got that job, so what I am getting at is Hatchell is also definitely in the running for principal which I would guess pays more than head football coach. In my understanding you cannot be principal and head coach. So in that case, which do you choose if you have both options? The legacy as head football coach at Mayfield? (who has only had 3 different head coaches in the past 54 years) or do you take the better paying job as principal? I have been told Dew does not want the head job (don’t know whether that is true or not). Other candidates in my mind would be Jay Burgett who was a senior on the undefeated 2002 state championship team who was head coach at Madisonville-NH and is currently a principal in Paducah or maybe Nick Kemp who was in the same graduating class on the 2002 team who is the former head coach at Graves County. Any way I look at it I think they keep the head coaching job in house whether it be a current member of the coaching staff or a former player with head coaching experience elsewhere. No matter which way they go it will be a new era as they transition from a head coach who had been there 25 years!
  12. I know district 3 used to consist of Mayfield, Graves Co, Ballard Memorial and St. Mary but when three district 2 schools consolidated (Lone Oak, Reidland and Heath) into McCracken County, St. Mary was moved to district 2 because that would have left them with only three teams and St. Mary is located in Paducah/McCracken Co. anyway.
  13. Now that’s a TOUGH Quarterback!
  14. If anyone other than Murray wins the 1st region it will be a pretty big upset.
  15. I don’t know about that. I think Graves County will give them all they want in the first game of the season with how much Graves has returning against a Mayfield QB in his first ever start. And I think Paducah will be heavily favored against Mayfield next year with all they have returning. (I honestly thought Mayfield was better than Paducah this season but they obviously were not the better team the night they faced off as Mayfield lost that game.) I see next years’ Mayfield team as a team that will start off slow but continue to get better and better throughout the season as the QB progresses. They are definitely not my favorite to win it all next year but should still be a tough out by the time playoffs roll around.
  16. Mayfield returns 3 of their top 5 WR that were all sophomores this season. They return 3 of their 5 starting OL. They return their starting TE which was a sophomore. They have 3 good RBs returning, none of which saw significant time in the backfield this year in big games because Starks and Dumas were both seniors ahead of them. Mayfield returns 2 starting DL, neither of which played offense last year. They return all 3 starting LBs and 3 of their top 5 DBs, all 3 sophomores and play both ways at WR. While the players they lose are huge losses and were KEY pieces to winning a championship, they still return more than some on here think. Losing Biggers and Morris at DB and WR is huge and losing Cartwright at QB and Starks at RB are huge. Now for the huge question mark, the starting QB next year is currently a freshman and has never seen any varsity snaps except in running clock situations. Having a sophomore with no experience starting at QB is such a wildcard that I can’t allow myself to have Mayfield ranked #1. I think Beechwood is the clear cut #1 going into next season and then #’s 2-4 will be up in the air until about halfway through next season in my opinion.
  17. Paducah returns a lot, including QB Jack James and ATH Martels Carter.
  18. I disagree with Graves County being ranked in the top 20 by Nations Elite. They have a couple good wins but they lost to a team from Georgia that Murray beat by 28. If a team in Region 1 should be ranked it’s not Graves County.
  19. If you can’t handle scrutiny then don’t apply for a paid position of power. I don’t love the fact that people complain about things but this is reality. Everybody is not going to constantly pat you on the back, no matter your occupation. But definitely don’t be a head football coach if your skin is that thin and you can’t handle criticism without publicly lashing back and trying to convince everyone how great and wonderful you are. Especially don’t do it at a school function that should be all about recognizing and appreciating the kids that ultimately determine your success.
  20. No he’s from West Virginia and played college ball at Marshall Univ.
  21. Don’t count on that 2nd part. They might be good by Murray standards but they will be irrelevant in the championship discussion.
  22. I say 2A is Beechwood’s to lose next year. I know it’s a year away but in my mind they are definitely the favorites.
  23. Boyle County is right in the middle of 4A numbers. Definitely not playing up with 3A numbers.
  24. When do they release the attendance numbers for each game? And where do you find them?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.