2024 All "A" Classic

The All A regionals begin this week to see who will make the All A sweet 16 being played at Corbin this year. I do not see anyone stopping Lyon County as I am sure they will be hungry with losing in regionals to University Heights last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigblue96 said:

After recent performances, Lyon is the team to beat.  Evangel and even more so Newport have the ability to challenge them for the title. 

I think so, too. However, last season they were upset by University Heights in the regional. I don't know if UHA is good enough to do it again but the Blazers are 7-3 right now and if anyone in Kentucky knows how to wins All "A" games it is University Heights.

My Predictions

1st Mayfield

2nd Lyon County

3rd Mclean County

4th Clinton County

5th Caverna

6th Evangel Christian 

7th KCD

8th Walton Verona

9th Newport 

10th Augusta

11th Sayre

12th Danville Christian

13th Pineville

14th Hazard

15th Paintsville

16th Raceland 

I will take Lyon County to win it which would be their first ALL A state title and then they would also have a great chance to win the regular state championship in March. Does anyone know if there has been a team win All A and State Championship same year? Maybe University Heights, Shelby Valley or Lexington Catholic those three come to mind?

29 minutes ago, LouHSJunkie said:

Does anyone know if there has been a team win All A and State Championship same year? Maybe University Heights, Shelby Valley or Lexington Catholic those three come to mind?

Shelby Valley in 2010 is the only one.

University Heights won the All "A" in 1990 and 1991 but lost to Lexington Catholic in the finals in 1992. UHA then beat Catholic in the '92 Sweet 16 finals.

Paintsville won the overall state title in 1996 but lost to Harlan in the first round of the All A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Shelby Valley in 2010 is the only one.

University Heights won the All "A" in 1990 and 1991 but lost to Lexington Catholic in the finals in 1992. UHA then beat Catholic in the '92 Sweet 16 finals.

Paintsville won the overall state title in 1996 but lost to Harlan in the first round of the All A.

@LouHSJunkie

I believe Holy Cross (Covington) girls did it in 2015, won both All A State Title and KHSAA Girls Basketball state title, but that is the only one I'm aware of on the girls side (but I could certainly be wrong).

• Like 3