Everything posted by Astro Domino
-
Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Sounds complicated ??
-
Turkey Day Practice
I will be attending Mayfield’s practice at 9am at War Memorial and enjoy some coffee and donuts! Can’t wait!
-
The Super Six: Class of '25 Quarterbacks
Being second all time in a single season will be quite the feat and probably as good as it will ever get. Corey Robinson’s single season record is virtually unbreakable.
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
They will most definitely be on charter buses.
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
This comment doesn’t exactly pertain to this game but Paducah could be a force to reckon with for the next handful of years. QB Jack James and ATH Martels Carter are both only juniors with several other stars including D1 linemen that will all be returning next year. Their 8th grade team beat Corbin 50-0 in the state semifinals this year and defeated Boyle County 26-8 in the state championship. Their 8th grade QB has already been offered by UK. As a Mayfield fan, it’s a very scary thought.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Boley had thrown 6 int’s in 12 games coming into last week against a very tough schedule. I’d say that’s a far cry from a “turnover machine.” I do agree with the rest of your post; he is not the top performing QB in the state, but I will also say if you have some of these other QBs play the schedule he did they probably wouldn’t have the numbers they have either.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
1. There’s no way someone can legitimately argue that Beechwood’s passing attack is FAR more advanced than Paducah Tilghman’s. 2. Murray has two uber athletic 6’5”/6’6” receivers that are also basketball stars and they were catching jump balls over Mayfield’s highly skilled but vastly undersized Corners every time Murray needed a play to stay in the game. No high school team or even many NFL teams have their top two receivers standing at 6’5” plus.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I just watched the Red Helmet show and have to once again reiterate how grateful we were and still are that the Beechies took it upon themselves to go that far out of their way to send supplies and support after the tornado. That’s a top notch class act if I’ve ever seen one. The only thing more we would have asked for is for you all to let us win last year in Lexington haha. All jokes aside we couldn’t have asked to get beat by a better bunch of people and a class act program. I will always be a Beechwood fan except for when they play that one team. Hope to see a lot of Beechwood fans make the trek way out west this Friday.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
We only have parades for state championships but yes it will probably look something like that if we can pull it off this year haha.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I also think this is just a bad matchup for Beechwood. They rely so much on the passing game and in doing that against Mayfield is where you have to beat all their athletes in the backend of the defense. And you’re just not going to out-athlete Mayfield. If both teams play a clean game I just don’t see how Beechwood wins. They’re going to need to force a couple turnovers on the other side of the ball to stay in this one in my opinion. But I have definitely been wrong before and will be wrong again at some point.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
In Mayfields lone loss this year to undefeated Paducah Tilghman they lost the turnover battle 3-0. I don’t see them losing that game if they don’t have multiple turnovers. I don’t see them losing to anyone if they don’t commit multiple turnovers. But that’s all part of the game. If they turn the ball over 3 times Friday night it will definitely be an uphill battle against another great team.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Built in 1948 if I’m not mistaken.
- 2023 Pick 5 Contest: Playoff Edition (Week 4)
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I’m sure they have. Once again I’ll say they haven’t seen a kid like this. There’s 2 kids on that level in the state. Carter from Paducah and Quis from Boyle County. I have no doubt that Covington Catholic can win this game but it still doesn’t change the fact of how athletically superior the kid from Paducah is.
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
This matchup ensures that at least one of these teams will appear in the state championship game for the 17th straight year!
-
Beechwood at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I’ll take the Cards by 48-31. Just too fast and athletic.
-
Boyle County Pound for Pound #1?
I honestly think Mayfield beats Pikeville and Raceland 9 out of 10 times. Beats LexCath 8 out of 10 times. Beats CAL 7 out of 10. And at least splits with BG. Now Boyle idk but I can say Mayfield’s skill position players are on par with nearly any team in the state. While I also realize there is a lot more to football than skill positions. I thought they could have definitely beat Paducah (NO disrespect against Paducah). They had their chances and just couldn’t capitalize. They have grown a ton through the season, the coaches have opened up the playbook and they are just flat out Uber athletic and Uber talented.
-
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Paducah wins this game by 2 TDs. CovCath hasn’t seen anyone like Martels Carter all season. Nowhere near his talent. He will be the difference in this game.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Haha you and I both know that isn’t true!
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I’ve already thought about that lol. It’s so hard to even think about looking ahead to next week with the matchup at hand for tonight. But yes if Mayfield can get the win tonight do the players and entire town feel like they accomplished such a feat that they have nothing left in the tank for next week? I don’t know. Only time will tell.
-
Corbin at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
And then Paducah wins 4A. I’m kidding. Just wondering how they will/would matchup against these two.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
In the last 20 seasons Mayfield is 56-1 at home in the playoffs with their lone loss coming 3 years ago in a triple overtime upset to Murray. Just trying to keep the faith that this game can be won lol. Fun fact: Xavier Biggers, then a freshman starting cornerback at Murray broke up the pass on the final play of triple overtime to seal the game. He is now a senior at Mayfield.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
That game was a classic!
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I might be in the minority here, and this is just my opinion, but to me this is the biggest game that will be played at War Memorial in the last 25+ years. I may be a prisoner of the moment but I feel like Mayfield fans want this win more than they have ever wanted one in my memory.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
That would be the worst possible thing for Mayfield. Mayfield needs their passing game way more than LCA needs theirs. Mayfield needs to be able to get out in space and make cuts and utilize their speed. A watered down field or rain during the game would virtually ensure an LCA victory in my eyes. Mayfield does not want to get into a game that is played between the hashes with LCA.