Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY KID

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NKY KID

  1. I do think some people have started to notice the awesome things that Mr. Collopy and Ms. Gray have been doing. People need to understand the younger generation of alumni are not living in or around Newport. Most choose to send their kids elsewhere due to ease of transportation or they have friends going to other schools. I do see things changing with all the great things going on at NCC.
  2. IMO, Coach Luhn is a great guy but he has not had the talent / depth to play the style he wants to play. He has had talented players but not enough to run with most teams. I know people hate the style but if they want to be successful they need to learn how to play defense and slow the game down. They don’t have any Ronny Dawn’s or Drew MacDonald’s walking the halls.
  3. How does a young lady that played varsity basketball at one Catholic school in NKY last year transfer to another Catholic school in NKY this year and be immediately eligible? No change in address or any other logical reason that would normally be considered for immediate eligibility. It seems like the KHSAA has no consistency in what they allow.
  4. So much for not debating?
  5. The whole thing is honestly a little scary. They obviously had a good reason to cancel but should have known way before 2.5 hours prior to the game if that is when they canceled. What is scary is a kid is not cleared at noon but holding out to hope he is cleared at 5:00. There should be a window, depending on injury, where if an athlete is not cleared by then he is considered out. I am thinking 24 -48 hours for concussion type injury. Let’s not forget it is high school and these kids have a lot more in front of them.
  6. Any names being mentioned for this position? Omar Velazquez was floated around for CovCath…. does he possibly have interest in this job? Is there anyone in the building already that might have interest?
  7. Any updates on brackets? I would assume the draw is today.
  8. My take on the game last night is nothing but respect for the Holmes players and staff. I never saw one player with his head down, they hustled on and off the field and showed great sportsmanship. The coaching staff celebrated when players made good plays and coached them when they didn’t. They did not seem to overreact to a bad play. They patted the player on the helmet and coached them to be better. Hopefully they can continue to coach them up and grow the game at Holmes.
  9. Just curious… it sounds like Campbellsville had the ball on the 5 yard line with 4 seconds left. Why didn’t they kick a field goal for the win?
  10. Probably poor choice of words. I was just trying to show that the RPI system does not actually give a true ranking. For example, Pikeville is 15 in RPI but everyone has ranked them #1 all year. The BGP rankings this week are probably accurate with the top 5 but compare the ranking to RPI and it is very different. I would agree looking at schedules and point differential etc. Ludlow has a legit shot at beating KCD. The only knowledge I have on teams outside of NKY though is purely looking at scores and common opponents. I think there is a large drop off after the top 4 or 5 teams in 1A. It will be hard for anyone not in the top 4 or 5 to beat a team in the top. However, that is why we play the game. Any given night upsets can happen!
  11. A perfect reason why the RPI system is broken. Strength of schedule doesn’t seem to factor in unless it’s a win. Some of the teams in the top RPI in 1A play a very easy schedule to boost them but not prepare them for playoffs. I have not seen Ludlow play but judging by their schedule would not think they would beat many of the true top teams in 1A.
  12. Just because they for whatever reason do not play in the regular season a Brossart vs. Newport Central Catholic playoff game would be at the top of many list in NKY.
  13. NCC might have a three game losing streak but let’s be real…. They should not beat Conner or Campbell. Yes, they probably should have beat Campbell but if they played Conner 10 times I am not sure they win any unless injuries come into play. Raceland was really the only poor performance they have had. I don’t think the Seniors on this team let the season slip away. My guess is they run the tables on the rest of the regular season, get everyone healthy and have a good run into the playoffs where anything can happen.
  14. What is the health of both teams going into this game? I know Campbell’s had some injuries at QB and Cole was injured in the NCC game last week.
  15. NCC has looked great this year but let’s not forget Conner is a pretty solid 5A school. 1A to 5A is a huge jump especially when you throw in that most of NCC players get very little rest as they play both sides of the ball. I do think this will be a great game but I really think NCC needs a near perfect game to pull out the win.
  16. I will add that on top of how athletic he is Kaleb is an incredible person. Very respectful and polite. He will be a great leader for this Breds team. Kaleb and Collopy will will have this team ready to roll come game time.
  17. Any confirmed names of the 15 anyone would be able to share?
  18. The wording used in the “press release” leads me to believe he was not asked back. Generally, it would state “resigned” or “due to family obligations”. I wonder if they felt he did a nice job but looking for someone to take them to the next level and did not feel he was the one.
  19. So Brossart has one of the best kickers in maybe the state. How many field goals have they missed out on tonight? They could definitely be within one score by now.
  20. Full disclosure…. not real familiar with soccer so pardon the dumb question. Who received the red card and does that mean he is ineligible for the region finals on Saturday?
  21. NCC is still banged up and trying to get some key players healed for the stretch. I think this will be closer than most think. I expect another week of a heavy run game which keeps the score lower unless there are a lot of long runs for TD’s. I do think it is an NCC victory but they can’t expect Dayton to just lay down. They will have to work hard to earn it.
  22. NCC is very banged up even though they are coming off a bye week. QB Kolton Smith will miss the remainder of the season after having surgery to repair some damage to his foot suffered in the Raceland game. Caleb Cole and Will Sandfoss still on the mend as well as the JV QB. With all that said Newport will get a heavy dose of D. Welch who is very tough to bring down. This one could be interesting as Newport is having a fine year.
  23. I attended the Conner vs NCC game this past Friday and I thought it was very purposeful and unsportsmanlike with their music. Almost every time NCC had the ball music was played between plays and for an extended period of time. It was even annoying during timeouts because it was very loud. The announcer was loud but he did give “props” to NCC on good plays. Conner was the better team and has some really nice players. I don’t think the music had anything to do with the outcome but was definitely beyond reasonable.
  24. Sophomore Ian Mann goes the distance for NewCath for a Perfect Game. Ian strikes out 9 Lloyd batters and also goes 2-3 at the plate. He is definitely someone to watch over the next couple of years. He has a very high baseball IQ and is really fun to watch at the plate. NCC was also led by Senior Garrett Schoulties going 2-3 with 3 RBI.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.