Newport Central Catholic 3 Dixie Heights 0 (9th Region Semi-Final)

kyag

NCC strikes first to take a 1-0 lead into the half. Second half NCC finds the back of the net again to extend to 2-0. Dixie gets a chance around 15 minutes to cut it in half on a PK but fail to convert. Around the 8 minute mark a NCC player is shown a red card. A few minutes later NCC gets another goal and finish the game 3-0. 

Dixie just couldn’t get anything going and struggled to build from the midfield. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NKY KID said:

Full disclosure…. not real familiar with soccer so pardon the dumb question.  Who received the red card and does that mean he is ineligible for the region finals on Saturday?

I don’t know who it was but YES the player would be ineligible to play on Saturday.

53 minutes ago, NKY KID said:

Full disclosure…. not real familiar with soccer so pardon the dumb question.  Who received the red card and does that mean he is ineligible for the region finals on Saturday?

#12...on Dixie's attacking end the Colonel player was on the ground and the Thoroughbred player stepped on him is what I was told.  This happened in front of the AR on the bench side and wasn't a big argument from the player when showed the red card.  

• Sad 1

After watching the reply multiple times - I don't understand how it's a red. The two players were battling for the ball and the Dixie player goes down. The Breds player does not 'stomp' or look where he is stepping, but rather puts his foot down to take a step and stay on his feet. A very controversial straight red card if you ask me.

If the AR saw the Breds player make any indication he intended to stomp on the player then a straight red card is warranted by all means. But again, unless the player looks where he is stepping or modifies his path to step on a kid, IDK how you can determine intent.