Everything posted by BasketballFan24
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
With summer ball over now and heading into dead period let's see what everyone saw this summer and where you think things are headed if all the transfers get eligible and do indeed stick where they played this summer. I didn't see Rockcastle, Wayne, Southwestern, or West Jessamine play but am up on the teams as far as who transferred in or out of those schools. Here is my assessment for what its worth: 1. Pulaski. Saw them a couple of times and with what they have returning and what they gained has to be the clear top right now. However, they didn't look as impressive as I thought this weekend at Collins. I think a healthy Fraley is a must for them to repeat 2. Mercer. They have been good this summer in the games I saw. Adding Preston has steadied their back court and gives them what they needed. They return three other major contributors to go along with Ellis that has been excellent in the the games I have seen. Someone said in another post that somewhere in the region Mercer and Pulaski will meet and that will be the championship and today I would agree. 3. DCA. The two big guys are impressive and imposing so that's why you have to put them here. They do have an adequate point guard to go with him but it falls off from there. If Inmon can give them enough then they have a shot, if not then they will struggle as most teams have enough height and physical guys to keep DCA big guys from just running wild. The lack of depth will be a factor for them. 4. Rockcastle. Walker Craig is the real deal and they do return a couple to go with him. Like I said I have not seen or even heard of them playing this summer. Also have not heard of them picking up or losing any kids. I think they have enough to compete on any given night and could push Pulaski in the 47th if some of their younger guys step up. 5. Southwestern. Returning Hutchinson and Simpson and adding Dumphord makes them a legitimate threat for sure. Guard play will be the big factor for them as they have to replace Hudson who was the primary ball handler as well as scorer. If they have young guys step up and fill that spot then they will be good. They will be the top of the 48th without a doubt. 6. West Jessamine. They could deserve to be higher with what they have added in the big kid and the guard from LCA but I haven't seen them this summer so I think this is where they fall right now. What I saw from the big kid last spring in jv he may be a year away of varsity ball to reach his full potential and that makes West I think a year away from being at the top of the region again. Time will tell on this one. 7. Boyle. Saw them a couple times this summer and they are young and have some talent but without the football players they will struggle. I put them here because of the unknown of the football players. I think for sure they will get Turner and the younger Driver but who knows about Quisinberry, Brown and the older Driver. If they all play I think they move up to the top 3-4 and would have a legitimate chance to contend. If not I think the 5-7 range will catch them. 8. Lincoln. With the addition of Fugate to go with Baird and Robbins they may have the best shooting team in the region. Jackson has always done well with those type teams but with the lack of inside game they have and that being the strength of most of the teams ahead of them that is why I put them here. Can't count out a Coach Jackson team ever though. 9. Somerset. Didn't have some of their players this summer but I think just lost to much to be where they were last year at this time. Have some young talent that will have to step up big time to surprise me. 10.Danville. They had a good summer and Trey Paige is a really good player. Consistency seems to always be where they have trouble. If they can do it on a nightly bases then they could be a top five team if not then they will fall in the middle of the pack here. 11. Trinity Christian. Not real sure where to put them because I have not seem or heard anything from them. They were the surprise at the end of last season and return 4 from that team including Thompson so who knows which way they go this year. You would think up but just didn't really look like they belonged in the championship game with Mercer or the region game they played. 12. East Jessamine. Miyo Jones is really good and Daniels can be on any given night but without Radford and what they lost to graduation I don't see them competing this year. 13. Wayne Co. Coach Woods was not the great coach he was without a strong feeder program so I think there is some young talent there but just lost to much off the top to compete this year. 14. Garrard Co 15. McCreary 16. Somerset Christian 17.Casey Co 18. Burgin 19 KSD A long time till December and a lot can change and even more before March. That's the way I see it today.
-
Jasper Johnson returning to Woodford County for the 2024-2025 season
Not so sure South Oldham is ready to concede the 8th region to Woodford either. They had a good couple of wins over a good South Laurel and Boyd Cointy before losing by 9 to St X.
-
KABC Titans (Collins) Shootout - June 21st, 22nd, 23rd (2024)
Thank you. I couldn’t get the link to copy for some reason. Pretty good slate of teams and players.
-
Kentucky All-Stars 103 Indiana All-Stars 82
I feel like every year there is a kid like Max that gets undervalued because their team may not be as good. If Oldham makes it to state and has a decent run I think you are talking about him in the same way you are talking about Perry and Noah. I think it happened the same to Teagan Moore last year as well. His numbers were very similar and in some cases better than Ipsaro and Sheppard but was overshadowed because his team wasn’t as good.
-
Summer Basketball Scores
Did Southwestern have Hutchinson, Simpson and Dumphord?
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
I would say Fraley wasn’t playing. I think he was having some knee surgery from injury last year that kept him out. If he is healthy they will have plenty of ball handling.
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Sometimes you just need to go home.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
Radford.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
If the guard is a D1 caliber player then I can name about 6-7 other kids in the 12th region that should be getting D1 offers as well.
-
Open Job: Danville
According to X, Tryston Ford has had the interim tag removed and named the head coach of the Admirals. Congratulations Coach Ford.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
Until someone beats Pulaski they are the favorite. They return plenty and I think won both the JV and Freshman regions. Mercer had them on the ropes and couldn’t get it done. I read in another post that Wayne hadn’t beat them in 10 years. The three teams listed all have a shot but have to go do it.
-
Jon Bentley named East Jessamine head coach
They graduate 4 (2 starters) and Radford has announced he was done on Instagram. Jones has been rumored to be transferring. Last I heard was to Douglass. So he is pretty well starting from scratch if they all indeed not return. He should be able to implement whatever he wants.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2024-2025)
Most English IV classes are only a semester long and not a whole year.
-
Open Job: Wayne County
Pulaski is not a perennial favorite to play on the big stage of a state football championship and Boyle and Corbin are. He can play with a lot of D1 talent at those schools that will get him seen by a lot of good college coaches. He is a D1 football talent and probably not for basketball.
-
Open Job: Wayne County
I have heard Boyle or Corbin are the two places he might have already been looking at for football reasons.
-
Open Job: Wayne County
Brian Milam is reporting it on his Twitter. One of the true legends in the 12th region as well as Ky High School basketball.
-
Lyon County 67 Harlan County 58 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16® Championship)
A fun fact that probably not a lot of people know and may not care but this core group of seniors for Lyon Co also won the KBA 6th grade middle school state tournament in Lexington. Perry moved up to varsity as a seventh grader then.
-
Who will be the State Champion?
Without a doubt it is Great Crossings to lose. They show up and play like they have all season they will win it. Too much overall talent and size across the board.
-
Open Job: East Jessamine
They can call but I see no way he takes this job. They return Jones and the Duke kid is good but other than that not much else. Hall and Harris graduate and Radford has already announced he is done. West has the international kid and returns a good core group of guards to go with him. Mercer returns 3 of their top 4 scorers and even Trinity Christian returns all of their players but one that made the region this year. Also the possibility of them moving back to the 11th makes this a very unattractive job in my opinion. The West job might be a possibility for him but still May end up back in the 11th.
-
Most Suitable High School Gyms that are NOT Regional Host Sites
Are you sure those numbers are right? I don’t think there is anyway Boyle holds 500 more than Mercer.
-
Pulaski County 71 Boyle County 44 (12th Region)
So from the tone I’m reading here we could see Open Job: Boyle County in the near future? This is a coach that is not far removed from a 12th region championship and state tournament win.
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
I don’t disagree with you at all but it does happen. I think Zeismer did. I agree they should be kids as long as possible.
-
13th Region Draw
If you weren’t in the end zone 100 feet from the court I agree. $15 for a seat on the side that is still a good distance away and $20 to set on 3 row portable bleachers is way too high.
-
Boyle County Basketball/Football question
They are tremendous athletes and great basketball players. I do not think they have any basketball offers and certainly not the quality offers they have in football if they do. Don’t be surprised if we don’t see them on the basketball court at all next year. I could see them graduating in December and heading off to their respective colleges to be able to go through spring practice and be ready for the fall season.
-
13th Region Draw
Glad I don’t care who wins the 13th. That is ridiculous to charge for a high school region game. Especially as far from the court as those seats were in the All A.