Everything posted by BasketballFan24
-
12th Region Coaches Association All Region Team
I don’t think figuring out how to use the bigs is anything. You tell them protect the rim, rebound, and score the ball over most nights kids 5-10 inches shorter than you. Like @LethalPG said. He’s done a good job covering their weaknesses around them though.
-
12th Region Coaches Association All Region Team
To your point I would ask what was DCA record and success rate before they got the second 7 footer? Never out of district, most of time in the play in game for district. After second one came along they got to region losing district to Boyle. I see your point that success has jumped when both were on the floor so probably has as much to do with that as coaching. Coach Busik has done a good job though getting the most from his talent.
-
12th Region Coaches Association All Region Team
I think Hunt is actually a senior and Driver is labeled as a junior but is a sophomore but yes a lot of returning talent.
-
12th Region Coaches Association All Region Team
I agree it’s all and all a pretty good list. Preston for sure could be there as well as Baird from Lincoln and Baker from SCS
-
Wayne County 55 Southwestern 43
Agree on Southwestern. Definitely pass the eye test and have 3 extremely talented players. . I thought they would run away with it pre season. I knew replacing Hudson would be the key and Stevenson has played well in that spot. Dumphord was out a few games but they have been up and down all season. Dunbar is a good coach and I think they could be dangerous in region too if they can get there.
-
Wayne County 55 Southwestern 43
I thought them in the pre season so I’m going to stay with them I guess.
-
Wayne County 55 Southwestern 43
My thoughts is any of the four could win it. May be a 4 seed make the region tournament and I could see them getting on a run in region. I think they have the most overall talent in the district but have struggled at times. Wayne has the best player in the district so that makes them a threat every night. Losing Bell is a big hit for them though. McCreary and SCS have both beat everyone in the district so are capable of it again. Crazy year in the 48th.
-
12th Region: Week 9
I meant first time through don’t know why I said overall. What I get for posting here during work time with too much going on.
-
12th Region: Week 9
A lot can change with injuries and things by the second time through. Interesting they would use that and not overall district.
-
12th Region: Week 9
They don’t use RPI as the tie breaker?
-
12th Region: Week 9
Sure hate to hear that about Bell. Seems like way too many injuries around the 12th this year. Part of the game I know but stinks for the kids to miss what they love doing.
-
12th Region: Week 6
Kind of where I was going with it when I posted. Seems fairly skewed but will be used for tie breakers.
-
12th Region: Week 6
-
Mercer County 51 Lexington Catholic 40
A lot of teams in the A and AA schedule games with an if they aren’t playing in the State. Probably won’t make up because it would put teams over the 30 game limit.
-
12th Region: Week 4
Anyone know the status of Page from Danville? Any chance he is back tonight against DCA?
-
10th Region: Week 3
Not 100% sure on the Reed situation but I think he was ruled ineligible to start the season but should be eligible at whatever the date was he played his last game at Mason Co. It looks like his last game was 1/23 against East Jessamine. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
-
Somerset 47 Danville 43
Basketball season is for sure a marathon and not a sprint. Have to build as you go and hope injuries don’t derail you. First of the season is always about finding yourself. Why I said I think Pulaski is searching for replacements for Blankenship and Woolridge right now. All teams are trying to find that chemistry and replace what they lost with young kids and in some cases add in transfers. Waiting on football kids does for sure make this take longer. A lot of great coaches in the 12th that will figure it all out and the region tournament will be as electric as ever.
-
West Jessamine 69 Pulaski County 57
Yes Robbin’s is averaging 17 I believe and Baird is at 18. Fugate is around 10. Willouby that transfered from Casey was in double figures the other night. They may be more of factor in the 45th than I first thought. Rebounding and inside play still a concern but Somerset was able to knock of DCA in the region last year with predominantly great guard play.
-
Somerset 47 Danville 43
I said something similar in the West/Pulaski thread. West looked like a team in mid season form because they weren’t replacing a lot lost from last season and have had all their guys getting great coaching from Adams all summer and fall.
-
West Jessamine 69 Pulaski County 57
As I said a good win for West for sure. I just thought West looked more like mid season form where they had been there all fall under a great Coach. Pulaski looked like a team still searching for some things. Idlewine and Anderson neither looked like the players they will be yet. I said it proved region is wide open and I always thought DCA and Southwest were in with Mercer and Pulaski with a chance from the start. West certainly is added to those 4 now for sure. Lincoln’s 3 guard attack has looked the part to start the season as well.
-
West Jessamine 69 Pulaski County 57
Good win for West for sure although maybe not as surprising as you would think. Pulaski has some key pieces from last year to replace and football kids have only been there a couple weeks. As far as I know West has no football kids so they have been working all fall. Fraley will figure things out I’m sure sooner than later. Just shows region is wide open. Someone still has to beat Pulaski in March when it really matters.
-
All A preview
Glad to hear Lewis may be able to return. I had heard it may be season ending which I hate for any kid to have to go through.
-
12th Region Scrimmages
Bell Co I think.
-
12th Region Scrimmages
Pulled up games on South Laurel Hudl. Looked like Somerset won by 30 over Williamsburg. No football kids played I don’t think. Mercer won by 7 over Pineville. Preston didn’t play. Southwestern was down 63-59 with a few seconds left but video quit. All players were there best I could tell. No video loads on the DCA game.
-
All A preview
I agree DCA is the favorite here for sure. Danville though I think is in the hunt and can fill that 2 or 3 spot. Page is a really good player and have a few pieces around him. Their big, who’s name escapes, me was much improved this summer. Trinity lost Coffman to West and Somerset lost a lot to have to replace. If I’m not mistaken Josh Lewis is out for a while if not all season with an injury as well.