• Marshall County
    • Pulaski County
    • Campbell County
    • Magoffin County
    • Ashland Blazer
    • Perry County Central

This poll is closed to new votes

58 minutes ago, BasketballFan24 said:

Without a doubt it is Great Crossings to lose. They show up and play like they have all season they will win it. Too much overall talent and size across the board. 

From where we stand right now, it's hard not to agree. The Warhawks definitely look the part. But this tournament has a knack for throwing a wrench into anticipated coronations. The semifinal/final same day format has tripped up some great teams over the years.

I'll pick Great Crossing, but my confidence is never 💯 in the pre-tourney favorite.

• Like 1

Great Crossing is for sure the favorite but I feel they are beatable. Lexington Catholic lead whole game in regional final and lost it in the last minute. There are 4 to 5 teams in this tournament that on the right day can beat them.

Newport without Taylen stands no chance IMO. And I'm a 9th region guy that watches them pretty often and want them to win. I think realistically it's 4 teams, Crossing overwhelming favorites. Lyon if they pulled the upset over them in the upper bracket. And then Evangel and Trinity winner will take home the bottom bracket. One of those 4 will win state, as long as Kinney doesn't play. If he does play that just bumps the list to 5.

Dan Weber had a very good argument about the current state of how the 9th region gets a bad draw every year even though it’s a blind draw. It’s on Link NKY. I have zero issue with how the tournament is set up as I thought it was 100% a blind draw. His article brings the math though so take it how you will.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Dan Weber had a very good argument about the current state of how the 9th region gets a bad draw every year even though it’s a blind draw. It’s on Link NKY. I have zero issue with how the tournament is set up as I thought it was 100% a blind draw. His article brings the math though so take it how you will.

Thanks! This was a really good take.  I always thought it was a blind draw too, not taking fans work hours in NKY in consideration.

https://nkytribune.com/2024/03/dan-webers-just-sayin-time-for-khsaa-to-fix-sweet-16-the-ninth-region-has-had-enough/