Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MEANGREENMACHINE

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MEANGREENMACHINE

  1. Way to base Central's strength on 12 returning seniors, HCP. I'll take Mercer by 10.
  2. Lafayette looked mighty good against a rebuilding Male. Big line; a QB that can produce some good passing (still a little unstable, but I like what I see); effective running backs and speed; pretty solid-looking D at this early stage. Don't know anything about Dunbar this year, so I 'm just basing opinion on what I saw Friday. Wild guess: Lafayette 28 Dunbar 7
  3. Oh yes, I agree. It would just be great to see Meade not to have to work out kinks every year before they get going, but what are ya gonna do? That's the Greenwaves for ya.
  4. Thanks for the report, DDad. Sadly, it does not look good for Meade, according to your report. However, Meade always starts slowly and improves over the season. Meade fans have to wait and see as usual to see the team consolidate although it sure gets old going through this over and over every year. It would be nice to come out of the gun hot and furious.
  5. Sorry I reacted to the bully.
  6. Umm, if you're directing that question toward me and your question was not sarcastic, then I answer with Benock as QB for Meade, as far as I know at this point. However, if it was a sarcastic question, I answer that a team requires more than one player the last time I checked.
  7. 30 juniors this year, as I understand it. I don't think they are all returning -- that is, some were added, some did not return, but there's 30 of 'em. I did an audit of Meade's roster from last year to this year, and it looks like a ton of returning juniors for this year within that 30 group of sophomores from last year. (whew...) And as we all know, Meade was decimated last year of much experience through senior graduations from the year before and had to plug in a bunch of sophomores. Those sophies have a lot of experience now. Couple that experience with the good Meade, defensive coaching staff, and you have the makings of a good core -- in theory anyway. Great to hear that Meade has effective skill positions. Thanks for the info, DeSales Dad! (BTW, I'm looking forward to following DeSales again this year as well. My wife's brothers graduated from DeSales and X, so it's in our marriage contract that I follow them...lol jk...)
  8. Too bad to hear that -- Yikes! I assumed JH would be primed because of the big class coming back. Hmmm... (I was gonna go to that scrimmage, but the heat is too much for my advanced age.)
  9. Hmmm...Of course I am biased about my alma mater, but I noticed no one has Meade County on their radar, which could be a very real mistake. Always underestimated Meade returns 30 juniors (that's right -- 30) and is a proven stubborn, stick-in-dried-mud defensive force via a fine defensive-minded coaching staff. I wouldn't forget about this team. A few have in the past years and have paid for it with a shortened season. I'd also be cautious about naming Central Hardin as a Top Ten since they have only 12 seniors coming back. IMO, I would not rank someone so high that has lost so much. Real Deals in the Louisville area: John Hardin, Ballard, PRP, Desales, and of course the usual powerhouses: Trinity, X, and Manual E-town will be very good in their class, but not a part of the big horse arena. My two cents...
  10. Going with Shelby although it will be a close one..!
  11. Tough, tough call. I'm going with Desales, based on team balance and their QB. Mayfield is awesome too, but I just feel a Colts win...
  12. I have to go with Pulaski here. Although I have deep respect for Highlands (and have followed them for years), I just don't think they have the team strength and speed this year to match up with Pulaski.
  13. Congrats, Central! My man is defeated...
  14. OMG, well, there it is...Congrats, Central!
  15. Got to go with my man Chuck Smith, although Central is a mighty tough team.
  16. An improved John Hardin should win this one, but it may be a close one.
  17. Big test for E-town and coach Brown, but I think they will handle it...E-town = W.
  18. Responding to the definition of "rivalry" : I guess since Trinity has dominated St X in the last ten or so years the rivalry doesn't exist anymore? Don't tell that to either schools' fans and players! Something to think about...
  19. I believe Meade's much improved run defense is going to affect CenHardin's running game and so could cause a close game. Meade's improved offense is effective enough to get it done now also in a lower-scoring game. Sooo, being a greenie alumnus, I have to go with my Waves (even though this limb looks mighty skinny...). Roll, Waves, roll!!!
  20. Danggg...Great job, BG! Tremendous D to hold the Crack down.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.