Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Desales at Mayfield 2A semi-final predictions

Who wins? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The game everyone has been wanting all year is finally going to happen. Three time defending champion Mayfield versus two time defending champion Desales. Should be a battle for the ages and I am expecting a colts win. Who do you have?

  • Replies 316
  • Views 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Desales has been coming along nicely since their regular season loss to CAL. Mayfield has pretty stayed at the top of their game all year. I think this one is going to be a slug fest. 28-21 Mayfield, they get the edge with home field advantage.

No idea on who to pick; can't imagine this one being anything other than an amazing game. Good luck to both teams.

I don't see how it can be anything but a defensive battle.. Desales don't give up many points, but, against some of the better teams on their schedule, they've struggled to get going offensively.. I like Mayfield's versatility on offense, but, they've also had a few games they had to grind it out against because of a lack of being able to run the ball very effectively.. If the Cards are to win this game, the OL will have to play it's best game of the year and the D will need to continue playing well and not being put in bad situations by the O.. I think it'll be a good game with minimal scoring.. Mayfield 17 Desales 10

  • Author

Very excited to experience a game at mayfield. I hear it's an awesome place.

Very excited to experience a game at mayfield. I hear it's an awesome place.

Would like to tell you that your in for a TREAT, but it will more than likely be a TRICK! You been wanting this all year, your dream, or nightmare, has come true.

When is the last time Mayfield lost at home? Was it a playoff game? I imagine they have an unbelievable record there.

We had a 40 something game winning streak at home that got broke earlier in the season by 6A McCracken County that went into OT. I think the last time we lost at home prior to that game was in 2008.

Before losing a regular season OT game earlier thus year we had won 49 straight at home dating back to a 2008 loss to Crittenden Co in the playoffs

Suffice it to say the Cardinals are tough at home..............tough anywhere for that matter.

This is another interesting matchup. DS is the bigger of the 2 while MF would be faster. Sort of like CAL but the Cards appear to be more physical than CAL. DS has a nasty defense, I had the good fortune to get to see the first DS vs CAL game in person. In that one DS seemed to get impatient with waiting for their style play to take hold and once they got away from their bread and butter they made crucial mistakes that led to their defeat. No idea what took place in the rematch other than DS obviously won going away. MF is fairly balanced preferring to run with their outstanding RB Bright but they have 4 receivers that all contribute. Like DS, the Cards bread and butter is their defense this year but the offense is good but not great. The biggest weakness for the MF offense has been a young offensive line. A advantage for the Cards is their team speed and skill players. This should be a good one.

I said, don't look to much into that Oct game. We had 4 turnovers, played kinda lazy at times. BUT... When we meet in the playoffs we expect to beat CAL. We are in their heads. Last night we pretty much did what we wanted. We changed the defense up a little from our first match up. Carr is a heck of a qb. First game we didn't pressure him much. That wasn't the case last night. That kid took a beating. He got up slow more than a few times last night. Johnson is playing light out right now. He's running, and throwing the ball well, and he's a huge weapon punting the ball. He nailed CAL with 2 great punts. He kicks the ball so high, it's hard for the returner to judge it. CAL was having a hard time with that. They bobbled 2 of them , even though they did lose them.

I'm looking forward to heading to Mayfield. I'm sure Colt nation will be there in force like always. Should be a very good high school football game. It's what both fan bases I believe have wanted. I can't go against the Colts in this one. Mayfield has a good defense, but we have a better one. Mayfield is fast. I don't believe any faster than Ballard, Fairdale, or Fern Creek. There are alot of variable's also. What if the weather is bad? I will absolutely take DeSales in that situation. But ..We did just put up 37 on CAL. Their defense is probably the second best in 2A. The other thing is playing on the road wherever it is doesn't affect our kids as much. All our games are technically away games. That will change next year. I'm expecting Mayfield to come out and do what they do. I'm sure the crowd will be great. So will ours. I'm sure the game will live up to the hype. Here's to no injuries to either team. Clean hard nose game, and the best team wins.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.