Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Desales at Mayfield 2A semi-final predictions

Who wins? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

 

We did

 

:lol2:

 

 

Well at least they're honest Colts fans

  • Replies 316
  • Views 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C

:lol2:

 

 

Well at least they're honest Colts fans

We been doing this a long time! :)

Not certain how to ask this without sounding rude, so I'll just go for it and hope for the best.

 

Given the proud history Mayfield fans speak of and the comparisons to Highlands and Trinity I was a bit surprised to see that they've got eleven state titles rather than somewhere in the twenties like the previous schools mentioned. Eleven titles is nothing to laugh at, but if Mayfield is as good as people seem to say why isn't it more?

 

Am I just misreading what people are saying?

  • Author

Why do people see this as a "Cinderella run" for Desales? This is our fourth straight regional championship. We are used to this just as much as mayfield is.

Not certain how to ask this without sounding rude, so I'll just go for it and hope for the best.

 

Given the proud history Mayfield fans speak of and the comparisons to Highlands and Trinity I was a bit surprised to see that they've got eleven state titles rather than somewhere in the twenties like the previous schools mentioned. Eleven titles is nothing to laugh at, but if Mayfield is as good as people seem to say why isn't it more?

 

Am I just misreading what people are saying?

 

I admit I have only skimmed this thread since posting this morning but I was not aware anyone from Mayfield had compared the Cards to T or Highlands. The Cards achievements I could not be any prouder of and think they speak volumes to how good MF has been. The recent run is currently the states most successful.

T & Highlands have certainly won more titles no denying that but we have certainly earned a spot as a KY Blue Blood in football.

I think a lot of the back in fourth is in good fun and it certainly is for me but there is also history. Throughout Cardinal history only the Danville Admirals have had our number and with the school having been back and fourth between classes we have seen more than our share of folks that do not expect us to make a major and immediate impact. For example, the move into 1A saw the Beechwood, no make that most all of NKY saying that we would be second fiddle to Beechwood. We dispelled that belief. No different in AA with DS, the defending back to back champs do not expect MF to come in and win and we will not every year but the Cards history should show all that more often than not the Cards win and will get their share of titles. Looking back the last several years that we all can still recall, many years MF was ranked at seasons end higher than the 2A champion and the Cards play up with their schedule. This is not anywhere close to MF's best teams but it is a good one and it is one that has a great shot at a title and couple that with recent success and you have very confident fans. For me the coolest thing about Mf is that they have been in the mix every year of my life going back 40 years. I'm sure it is no different for DS coming off back to back titles.

Not certain how to ask this without sounding rude, so I'll just go for it and hope for the best.

 

Given the proud history Mayfield fans speak of and the comparisons to Highlands and Trinity I was a bit surprised to see that they've got eleven state titles rather than somewhere in the twenties like the previous schools mentioned. Eleven titles is nothing to laugh at, but if Mayfield is as good as people seem to say why isn't it more?

 

Am I just misreading what people are saying?

 

One of the problems is when Mayfield started playing football (somewhere around 1910), there were no such thing as a state title.

Not certain how to ask this without sounding rude, so I'll just go for it and hope for the best.

 

Given the proud history Mayfield fans speak of and the comparisons to Highlands and Trinity I was a bit surprised to see that they've got eleven state titles rather than somewhere in the twenties like the previous schools mentioned. Eleven titles is nothing to laugh at, but if Mayfield is as good as people seem to say why isn't it more?

 

Am I just misreading what people are saying?

With the 11 State Titles we also have 9 Runner Ups. Also we are currently 5th In the nation in all time wins. Louisville Male and Highlands are in the top 3. Pretty cool 3 schools in KY are in the top 5.
I admit I have only skimmed this thread since posting this morning but I was not aware anyone from Mayfield had compared the Cards to T or Highlands. The Cards achievements I could not be any prouder of and think they speak volumes to how good MF has been. The recent run is currently the states most successful.

T & Highlands have certainly won more titles no denying that but we have certainly earned a spot as a KY Blue Blood in football.

I think a lot of the back in fourth is in good fun and it certainly is for me but there is also history. Throughout Cardinal history only the Danville Admirals have had our number and with the school having been back and fourth between classes we have seen more than our share of folks that do not expect us to make a major and immediate impact. For example, the move into 1A saw the Beechwood, no make that most all of NKY saying that we would be second fiddle to Beechwood. We dispelled that belief. No different in AA with DS, the defending back to back champs do not expect MF to come in and win and we will not every year but the Cards history should show all that more often than not the Cards win and will get their share of titles. Looking back the last several years that we all can still recall, many years MF was ranked at seasons end higher than the 2A champion and the Cards play up with their schedule. This is not anywhere close to MF's best teams but it is a good one and it is one that has a great shot at a title and couple that with recent success and you have very confident fans. For me the coolest thing about Mf is that they have been in the mix every year of my life going back 40 years. I'm sure it is no different for DS coming off back to back titles.

 

There was a poster that called them 'the little Trinity of the west' which sparked my interest. The Highland comparison was another thread quite some time ago. Like I said, eleven titles is nothing to laugh at Mayfield is definitely a blue-blooded program.

 

One of the problems is when Mayfield started playing football (somewhere around 1910), there were no such thing as a state title.

 

1919 according to KHSAA. Though all three schools have had the same amount of time to earn titles so I'm not sure what you're saying here.

 

With the 11 State Titles we also have 9 Runner Ups. Also we are currently 5th In the nation in all time wins. Louisville Male and Highlands are in the top 3. Pretty cool 3 schools in KY are in the top 5.

 

I'm not really impressed by all-time wins records. Hopkinsville, for example, has over 600 wins, but they also have over 450 losses. The amount of the time the school has played football is a bigger factor that anything else for that statistic. However, Mayfield's all-time win percentage is a very impressive 75% and those runner-up trophies are pretty nice too.

LOL, the only thing I WILL predict at this point is one fan base or the other will be eating a big ole plate of crow. Lots of trash talking between both fan bases. I love my Cards and believe they can win this one, but being somebody who splits their time between Mayfield and Louisville, I do know and respect Desales. With that said, the thing most people outside of Mayfield don't understand is just how much football means to this town it's fans, and the players which is one reason why we often win games we shouldn't. This is a very small town that doesn't have a lot going for it other than good hard working people and MHS football. War Memorial will be rocking Friday night and the players will be ready to go. It's the night the seniors have dreamed of their whole life - their last ever home game with a trip to the finals on the line. They will be ready to play. The wet field will neutralize our speed advantage somewhat, but nothing will take their hearts out of this one. I expect a good close game, but in the end, just like last night, they will find a way to get to BG. Best of luck to both teams and Desales fans, please be careful on the way down. Looking forward to this one.

Ok folks, here's the Eagle_pride!! weekly game prediction:

I personally feel coming in to friday night that both teams are looking great..bit let's talk football..

Mayfield is battle tested and will continue to do what they do best..many Desales fans may disagree but Mayfield is hands down the best defensive team in 2a..I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan, I'm telling it like it is..now, Desales is a dangerous threat, but Desales is in no way mayfield material..it's like comparing apples to oranges..completely different..

I feel Desales will try to run the ball, something that will generate lil success friday for them..they will have some success in the air but not enough..

Also, someone said mayfield wouldn't hang 30 on desales, boy boy boy, now there's a whole other conversation I won't even elaborate on lol..

So, I feel mayfield and desales will have a defense battle.. with desales taking a 3-0 lead into the half..then everyone will see the best coaching staff in ky make the necessary adult MentschTrachtGottLacht with mayfield shutting out desales in the second half in route to a 14-3 win!!..there you have it folks...oh, and just so I'm clear, I highly respect desales team, champoinships, and staff, but fellas there's a new sheriff back in 2a...God bless all!

This thread is good, and I'm laughing hard..great to talk some smack before a big game..best of luck to both teams and desales fans, I assure you mayfield and its fans will treat ya'll with the best atmosphere

  • Author

Watched the mayfield vs. OC and mayfield vs. MC and have to say that it is baffling to me for one to think that mayfields defense is the best in 2A. The mayfield OC game reminded me a whole lot of the first desales CAL game. Wayyyy to many mistakes on OC's part and that was by far the deciding factor. As far as this speed that keeps being mentioned, mayfield is know where near as fast as fern creek, butler, ballard, or fairdale. Just a few thoughts. Glad to have gotten to watch both games.

Watched the mayfield vs. OC and mayfield vs. MC and have to say that it is baffling to me for one to think that mayfields defense is the best in 2A. The mayfield OC game reminded me a whole lot of the first desales CAL game. Wayyyy to many mistakes on OC's part and that was by far the deciding factor. As far as this speed that keeps being mentioned, mayfield is know where near as fast as fern creek, butler, ballard, or fairdale. Just a few thoughts. Glad to have gotten to watch both games.

 

I think Mayfield and Desales D's are about even, looking at schedules, its a toss-up to say who is the best. Do you know of anywhere we can watch some Desales footage? All I can find are some short highlight clips.

  • Author
I think Mayfield and Desales D's are about even, looking at schedules, its a toss-up to say who is the best. Do you know of anywhere we can watch some Desales footage? All I can find are some short highlight clips.

 

sadly I cannot tell you where you might be able to. best bet is to try to find someone with hudl access like I do.

C

Watched the mayfield vs. OC and mayfield vs. MC and have to say that it is baffling to me for one to think that mayfields defense is the best in 2A. The mayfield OC game reminded me a whole lot of the first desales CAL game. Wayyyy to many mistakes on OC's part and that was by far the deciding factor. As far as this speed that keeps being mentioned, mayfield is know where near as fast as fern creek, butler, ballard, or fairdale. Just a few thoughts. Glad to have gotten to watch both games.

So OC's Mistakes is the by far deciding factor in their loss? Not the fact that mayfield's jr. QB OUT PERFORMED the highly touted RZ111, or, the fact that OC was outgunned on the ground OVER 2-1,?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.