Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Desales at Mayfield 2A semi-final predictions

Who wins? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
C

So OC's Mistakes is the by far deciding factor in their loss? Not the fact that mayfield's jr. QB OUT PERFORMED the highly touted RZ111, or, the fact that OC was outgunned on the ground OVER 2-1,?

I don't care about any of that. OC had 4 turnovers if I'm not mistaken and only lost by 11. I know their last TD was garbage time but like I said it seems to me that this played out like the first Desales CAL game.

  • Replies 316
  • Views 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care about any of that. OC had 4 turnovers if I'm not mistaken and only lost by 11.

 

When the mighty DeSales defense forces turnovers, do we call that great defense or just the other team making mistakes?

  • Author
When the mighty DeSales defense forces turnovers, do we call that great defense or just the other team making mistakes?

That's not what I meant by that. Forcing turnovers is great it's just that it seems the game was a bit close for as many turnovers as there was

I don't care about any of that. OC had 4 turnovers if I'm not mistaken and only lost by 11. I know their last TD was garbage time but like I said it seems to me that this played out like the first Desales CAL game.

How the game was played against OC and the DS/CAL game will have no bearing on this matchup. The game is a lot of times about matchup. Again it will come down to how the lines play. If DS can't contain Mayfields defensive line then it will be along night and it goes both ways. The lines of both teams will be a huge factor.

I don't care about any of that. OC had 4 turnovers if I'm not mistaken and only lost by 11. I know their last TD was garbage time but like I said it seems to me that this played out like the first Desales CAL game.

Your not foolin anyone, you obviously DONT CARE about the facts of the game, you are only looking for a glimmer of weakness on the cardinals part to make you feel like there's a little hope for the colts, you gonna have a long ride home to come up with plenty of excusses

Watched the mayfield vs. OC and mayfield vs. MC and have to say that it is baffling to me for one to think that mayfields defense is the best in 2A. The mayfield OC game reminded me a whole lot of the first desales CAL game. Wayyyy to many mistakes on OC's part and that was by far the deciding factor. As far as this speed that keeps being mentioned, mayfield is know where near as fast as fern creek, butler, ballard, or fairdale. Just a few thoughts. Glad to have gotten to watch both games.

 

The CAL/DS game on Friday night was over in the first quarter, and a penalty and turnover decided the outcome. DS was up 7-0, CAL returned the kickoff for a TD, called back for penalty. The very next play, pick 6 by DS, 14-0. DS broke their will.

 

I can guarantee one thing, you won't break the Cardinals' spirit. They have played from behind in 6 games this year. You better be prepared for a battle, and you better bring it on every down for 48 minutes.

 

OC has an offense that makes DS offense look like something from the 1940's. DS has been shutout TWICE this year. DS will be lucky to score against Mayfield.

 

Speed is a killer weapon on the gridiron, but only if you know how to utilize its potential. I will let you compare Mayfield's past success on the field against Fern Creek's, Butler's, Ballard's, and Fairdale's. Let us know who you think is the better coached and disciplined team.

 

I expect Mayfield will expose some weaknesses in the DS secondary, weather permitting. It looks like it's going to be a sloppy field Friday night.

 

Make sure your coaches walk the field before the game. Plenty of high/low spots out there to trip a guy.

  • Author

You guys can really be ridiculous sometimes. Desales wins this game.

The CAL/DS game on Friday night was over in the first quarter, and a penalty and turnover decided the outcome. DS was up 7-0, CAL returned the kickoff for a TD, called back for penalty. The very next play, pick 6 by DS, 14-0. DS broke their will.

 

I can guarantee one thing, you won't break the Cardinals' spirit. They have played from behind in 6 games this year. You better be prepared for a battle, and you better bring it on every down for 48 minutes.

 

OC has an offense that makes DS offense look like something from the 1940's. DS has been shutout TWICE this year. DS will be lucky to score against Mayfield.

 

Speed is a killer weapon on the gridiron, but only if you know how to utilize its potential. I will let you compare Mayfield's past success on the field against Fern Creek's, Butler's, Ballard's, and Fairdale's. Let us know who you think is the better coached and disciplined team.

 

I expect Mayfield will expose some weaknesses in the DS secondary, weather permitting. It looks like it's going to be a sloppy field Friday night.

 

Make sure your coaches walk the field before the game. Plenty of high/low spots out there to trip a guy.

 

So the refs blew a call on a cal TD and that's ALL I CARE ABOUT, that turned the game around and had it not been for that call CAL woulda won! :)

Ignorant statement! You guys like to play mind games, well I LOVE it.

Lol, like ANYTHING said on this site will have ANY affect on the game!

We are 4th in national win column btw. The county is semi wet meaning , by the drink at Carrs Steak House, Applebee's, Los pinos, Los amego's all serve liquor. Nearest liquor store is on hwy 45 15 min to the north of the stadium. Best bbq in town is Larry Darrel an darrel's located across from taco johns. Most Tailgating is looked at with a turned cheek by local law. Not to say getting extremely crazy might land u in da poaky. Let's say outside cups are permitted , lol.

 

Sry had to explain that , felt like drinking might be the only fun desales fans have all night and some might need it after the night is over. Defense are pretty much equal but with two diff styles..I would call that a wash. Offense is deff in favor of mayfield. I'm going to go against the grain hear but mayfield is going to put up 20+ points on desales mark it down! With rain chances only around 25-30% I feel as long as it's not raining at that moment that they get the helicopter out on the field like before the oc game to help dry it off.. raining at that moment will be the only advantage desales gets.. so i imagine their fans will show up early doing the rain dance in the endzone. This game is going to open some eyes. Iv wanted this game ever since being taunted at BG last year by desales fans .. !! It's time to see how bad you push us all over the field..

You guys can really be ridiculous sometimes. Desales wins this game.

 

This game won't even be close. Mayfield by a mile.

One thing is for sure, you guys will appreciate the drive from where you are, Mayfield has been doing it for years. Have a safe trip down.

Best BBQ is in the endzone on Friday nights.

  • Author

Would like to point out that the two 2A threads on this sight are two of the most active right now. Much pride shared between the 4 teams left.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.