Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East Zebra

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big East Zebra

  1. Just because Dunbar won the State Title does not necessary mean they were the best team, IMO. Mercer and BG both gave those games away, more so than Dunbar won.
  2. The only region, that MIGHT have a district as tough as the 9th would be the Lexington District and I'm not sure what the number would be in the 11th. But I promise you that district has not dominated the region like the 9th has the 3rd.
  3. WKY, while I do understand your logic, if you want to rate tough districts, I dare you to find a tougher district in the state than the 9th. Apollo, Daviess County, Owensboro and Owensboro Catholic. Winning this district is much tougher than winning the 3rd Region.
  4. How do you rank a team 3rd that got beat in the opening round? In my opinion, Dunbar which won, on the court, had the toughest road to get there, was not the best team in the tourney. Mercer, and BG both gave their games away to Dunbar.
  5. Terrible idea. Being from the 9th District (Owensboro, Owensboro Catholic, Apollo and Daviess County, for those that don't know where the 9th is), if you eliminate the district runner up guess what, last year Owensboro doesn't win the State Championship. I also believe the year Cov Cath won they were the district runner up as well.
  6. Would be nice if for Friday between the 1st and 2nd games we could have a meeting spot to get to meet each other. I will be in my WVU gear. Not sure where I'm sitting yet, I guess wherever I get tickets for.
  7. Taylor County a 13 Seed? Are you kidding me? SMH. There is an old saying which says if it's not broke don't fix it. One thing that makes the Boy's and Girl's Sweet 16 the GREATEST SHOW IN HOOPS is the fact of the blind draw!
  8. I will be there Thursday Night, all day Friday and Saturday Night.
  9. It is my understanding the KHSAA has the Girls Tourney in a locale which in turn becomes that City's responsibility to "sell" the tourney to their area. Bowling Green over the last several years has done a tremendous job selling it to Bowling Green and Warren County. NKY had the same opportunity and from the sound of things totally dropped the ball. No wonder it was only given a 2 year contract. My guess is Bowling Green will jump back into the picture when it comes up to re-bid for the Girls Sweet 16.
  10. That's not the job of the KHSAA, that's the job of the local tourism commission. City of Highland Heights or whatever is up there should be doing that. Owensboro, tourism and City promote the State Softball tourney locally, not the KHSAA.
  11. Give Tim Riley a week to prepare, I think he will have the Aces ready to stack the deck.
  12. Are you implying it wasn't a moral issue 22 or even 10 years ago? It was a moral issue then, and I think it has a lot to do where people's minds are now. Not every "Male Coach" coaching a female sport is a bad guy. However, people take things that are meant has harmless (I don't know but I would think it is harmless to Coach Mudd) and turn it into a legal issue and ruin a man (again Coach Mudd) who means nothing by it.
  13. Here's my take for what it's worth. Coach Mudd has been coach 22 years and all of a sudden we have an issue. Granted I don't approve, but if this man has been doing this for 22 years and not been an issue, why are we addressing it now? Besides, I think the Bible gives us a good solution to this situation. "To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled." Titus 1:15. Since we are having this discussion could let us know where some minds are.
  14. Doors: One Hour Before Each Session Advance Tickets: Courtside - $31.25, Reserved - $15.50, General Admission - $11 Day Of Tickets: Courtside - $35, Reserved - $18, General Admission - $13 Seating Chart: View Seating Chart Parking: $5.00 Tickets are much higher at NKY than at Western. Reserved Seating WKY was $15.00 per session.
  15. Why are people over looking Murray? Butler defeating Murray is not a given. I know they are a single "A" school, but if memory serves me correctly there was a single "A" school from Northern Kentucky that defeated mighty E-town last year and won the State Championship. History just might repeat it's self.
  16. Has the player's gotten better? Do they shoot the ball better, play defense with their feet, not hands better? Do they handle the ball better without carrying the basketball? Pass the ball better, do the fundamentals better? Or do we just have more athlete's playing basketball, not true basketball players? I think we have more athlete's playing basketball, not true basketball players, which makes the game look sloppier and the results are the officials look bad.
  17. Without O'Bryan, Catholic with be limited. I look for Meade to win it all.
  18. Seen officials this season, from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and the 5th was by far the worse, short fuse for out of region coaches, and very inconsistent, and sure took care of their regional team, more than any other region we went to this year.
  19. No you are not following my logic. Male had to play Trinity on the "West" side of the bracket. That's how they were placed. If the 6A had been set up as a seeded bracket, in all likelihood Male would have been seeded 1 and Trinity 2, but since it's not seeded, and they had to play to advance to the Regional Championship, Male defeated them and advanced. Lafayette was placed on the "East" side of the bracket, and won and advanced, to be the best team in the East. Again, had it been seeded, Lafayette would have never advanced to the Championship game.
  20. I voted yes in all 6 classes and here's the reason why. The tourney is set up with 32 teams in each class across the state. Now, whether a team should be in the East or West is certainly up for debate. However, that is the way it's set up, and the team that won their way through their side was the best team on that given night they played. Now if they bracket was set up by a seeding method, 1 plays 32, 2 plays 31, etc. then if there was an upset, you could say the best team did not make the championship game. May not be a good theory, but I think the best teams made it.
  21. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we are having to play 1A on Thursday night and 2 games late Saturday Night and 3 games on Sunday instead of Friday and Saturday.
  22. Guys I'm talking about when they first left Louisville and moved to BG. The reason was Louisville at this time was in the Big East before all the realignment took place. Louisville (in the Big East, not the ACC) was having to play a game the first weekend of December, so Papa John's would not be available and BG won the initial bid to take the State Championship games. Now that WKU in the C-USA can host a championship game unlike 4 of the power 5 conference who play their Championship game at a neutral site, it maybe time to move back to Papa John's or as some has suggested move to Commonwealth. Therefore, your 1A game will get the same respect the other classes are suppose to be getting as has been stated on here. While I don't agree with this theory, it is what it is.
  23. Out bid because Papa John's couldn't guarantee the availability of the stadium on the first Saturday of December.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.