Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

E- programs.....yuk!

Featured Replies

First I am admittedly a dinosaur. Got my IPad and proud of using the devil out of it to follow BGP. Arrived at my first ever Girls Sweet Sixteen Thursday, and first order of business was to buy a program. Just my archaic pursuit of details and understand as much of the team's stories as possible.

 

Much to my dismay, was told there were no programs, only e-programs and no staff could direct me to the sight. Look for signage around BB&T, but must have missed them. Sat with Murray section and no one there knew where they were.

 

Just found it this morning and spent one hour reading it First to last page. Beautiful and very well done. Just don't know how it would have been useful during games, nor the tangible souveneir value for the kids and families that participated. Like I said, I am a dinosaur.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked for one on Wednesday when I arrived. Figured I'd get one with a Media pack like the All A tourney gives out when you arrive, but nada.

This is just one of the dumbest things the KHSAA has done, no programs.

I think you can order a printed copy somewhere on the KHSAA website

Had to be the only way they could do it and not lose money. Sadly, I'm sure the program sales just kept dwindling year after year, despite you, me and a handful of others still enjoying the printed version.

Had to be the only way they could do it and not lose money. Sadly, I'm sure the program sales just kept dwindling year after year, despite you, me and a handful of others still enjoying the printed version.

 

I don't think the sales of the program itself were down so much as the cost of printing has gotten exponentially higher. Ad sales has been a tougher nut in recent years too.

I don't think the sales of the program itself were down so much as the cost of printing has gotten exponentially higher. Ad sales has been a tougher nut in recent years too.

 

Very true.

Very true.

 

Seventy pages of glossy, heavy-stock paper can get pricey, especially when doing a run of 5,000 or so for the girls. They probably printed 2-3 times that many for boys state.

Seventy pages of glossy, heavy-stock paper can get pricey, especially when doing a run of 5,000 or so for the girls. They probably printed 2-3 times that many for boys state.

Still no excuse! It used to be a customer service world. Now it is a cost-cutting, self-serving world.

 

As I have said previously my flip phone is not very smart and I do not have internet access on it.

I tried to print the roster pages for Campbell County, Holmes, and Trimble County for Wednesday night's session. Regardless of how I sized the page, it only printed out the bottom half. Very frustrating.

 

I don't mind paying the price, but I want availability. There hasn't been availability for the past few years, other than downloads.

 

This just bolsters my theory that all change is for the worst.

Still no excuse! It used to be a customer service world. Now it is a cost-cutting, self-serving world.

 

As I have said previously my flip phone is not very smart and I do not have internet access on it.

I tried to print the roster pages for Campbell County, Holmes, and Trimble County for Wednesday night's session. Regardless of how I sized the page, it only printed out the bottom half. Very frustrating.

 

I don't mind paying the price, but I want availability. There hasn't been availability for the past few years, other than downloads.

 

This just bolsters my theory that all change is for the worst.

 

I have yet to hear anyone say wow that is a great idea when it comes to the state tournament program. Does anyone know how many years the KHSAA has been doing this?

One of my prized possessions is a 2008 program (boys). The second time Mason County won, and a family friend (photos from 2007) on the front cover.

 

#dinopapa

  • Author

KHSAA has been around long enough to understand "fan experience". Saw two very good games, but my fan experience was greatly diluted with no info on teams or players, no back stories. Thankful BGP gave me access to info the non-member would be challenged to access.

 

Awesome games in a Ky HS Girls Sweet Sixteen that the average NKy person didn't know it was going on (zere exposure through Enquirer) and those that attended were challenged to know who was playing, where they were from, info on schools, players, etc. Sounds like a recipe that Commissioner Tackett needs to re-visit.

Sounds like a recipe that Commissioner Tackett needs to re-visit.

From the looks of Commissioner Tackett this week, the only thing he has been re-visiting has been the buffet line.

Still no excuse! It used to be a customer service world. Now it is a cost-cutting, self-serving world.

 

As I have said previously my flip phone is not very smart and I do not have internet access on it.

I tried to print the roster pages for Campbell County, Holmes, and Trimble County for Wednesday night's session. Regardless of how I sized the page, it only printed out the bottom half. Very frustrating.

 

I don't mind paying the price, but I want availability. There hasn't been availability for the past few years, other than downloads.

 

This just bolsters my theory that all change is for the worst.

 

:thumb:

From the looks of Commissioner Tackett this week, the only thing he has been re-visiting has been the buffet line.

 

 

If you want programs so bad, you and your peeps should have been buying them when they were around, no one was, hence why they stooped printing them. But keep blaming someone else.

Edited by mcpapa
R2

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.