Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Format

Featured Replies

Would the Khsaa ever consider moving the finals back to Saturday? I know I have seen a few people complain about the championship game being held on Sunday and personally I don't like it. I haven't attended since it changed! Love the sweet 16, but I believe it just makes the week too long and as soon as it's over on Sunday it seems like it's time to head back to work with no time to rest in between.

  • Replies 162
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the Khsaa ever consider moving the finals back to Saturday? I know I have seen a few people complain about the championship game being held on Sunday and personally I don't like it. I haven't attended since it changed! Love the sweet 16' date=' but I believe it just makes the week too long and as soon as it's over on Sunday it seems like it's time to head back to work with no time to rest in between.[/quote']

 

Only way the championship game moved back to Saturday is if they start the Sweet 16 on Tuesday. Today's attendance is not great for the Doss/Dunbar game. Playing on Sunday is not helping today, but I'm not sure if the KHSAA can move the opening games to Tuesday to allow a Saturday final.

I too like the Finals being played on Saturday Night, seems like it has a better atmosphere than on Sunday. With the attendance around 10K for the finals today I assume others like it the way it is. However, I don't think they will change it back. 1) It gives the teams a chance to get some rest with the game on Sunday. 2) It makes the city of Lexington a ton more money. With people staying another night in hotels, eating at restaurants, shopping ect....Either way it is still a great tournament! I just hope they leave it in Rupp and don't go to separate classes.

Tuesday (4 games),Wednesday (4 games),Thurday (4 games) ,Friday (2 games),Saturday (championship.) Makes too much sense to happen.

Liked the old format better

Only way the championship game moved back to Saturday is if they start the Sweet 16 on Tuesday. Today's attendance is not great for the Doss/Dunbar game. Playing on Sunday is not helping today, but I'm not sure if the KHSAA can move the opening games to Tuesday to allow a Saturday final.

 

The old format had a Wednesday start.

The old format had a Wednesday start.

 

Yes, and teams had to play twice on Saturday. That was dumb.

Yes, and teams had to play twice on Saturday. That was dumb.

 

And that would be your opinion... it does not mean they CAN'T do it.

It's all a moot point. Rupp can not (or will not) accommodate a Tuesday for four games so it the format remains the same.

It's all a moot point. Rupp can not (or will not) accommodate a Tuesday for four games so it the format remains the same.

 

Why can't they accommodate a Tuesday?

Yes, and teams had to play twice on Saturday. That was dumb.

 

 

Two games in one day is not uncommon for kids who play AAU. In my opinion, not a big deal. I would love to see them go back to the old format with the championship on Saturday night. The tournament does not need to start on Tuesday for this to happen.

Why can't they accommodate a Tuesday?

 

Only the outfit that runs Rupp Arena can answer that question.

Only the outfit that runs Rupp Arena can answer that question.

 

So, is it they can't/won't, or is this just what you think is the case?

Keeping kids out of school an extra day would not happen ( reason against a Tuesday start). I like the double Saturday finish as it is history. Sunday afternoon just seems weird for a championship game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.