Big "Thank You" to the All A Committee

All these folks put on a "CLASS" operation and need to be applauded for their efforts. :ylsuper:

Classic Chairperson, Stan Steidel

Treasurer, Gary Munsie

Secretary, Mike Reeves

Art Competition Coordinator, Kevin Sullivan

Scholarship Program Coordinator, David Cowden

Media Coordinator/Webmaster, Mike Reeves

Supervisors of Officials, Ancie Casey/Dan Sullivan

Frankfort Convention Center Director, Robin Antenucci

Besides all the athletic tournaments they put together, this organization does a great job on the behalf of the academic side of things with it's scholarship program. Congrats to the 60 students who were awarded $1000 scholarships at the luncheon on Saturday afternoon under the direction of Dave Cowden. :ylsuper:

Speaking about the basketball tourney, while most have never been to this event you are missing out on 1.) a PERFECT venue for HS hoops and 2.) seeing some really good players, teams, & hoops action.

While some of the teams will represent their Region in the Sweet 16 (both boys & girls), there are some that this is the next best thing. Also, the quality of hoops action you get to see is well worth the time to come an take in this event. You will also get to see teams and players you would, more than likely, never get to see.....and trust me, from what I got to see the past 4 days and nights was a HS hoops fans dream (quality players and exciting games). There are so many very good players that I would never have known about were it not for this tourney.

I know this tourney gets made fun of on this board from time to time, but unless you take the time to come and watch, don't knock it.

I'd personally like to thank Mike Reeves, Dave Cowden, & Nancy Ryan....my chit-chat crew all tourney long. :thumb:

Besides all the athletic tournaments they put together, this organization does a great job on the behalf of the academic side of things with it's scholarship program. Congrats to the 60 students who were awarded $1000 scholarships at the luncheon on Saturday afternoon under the direction of Dave Cowden. :ylsuper:

.[/b] :thumb:

A fact that is often overlooked by the detractors of the All-A. Glad you brought it up! :thumb:

I only made it down one night - Thursday to see Augusta play.

While there I made sure I stopped by and told Stan that his vision of what this tournament was all about was fulfilled when Augusta upset us in the Saturday night regional, and a school from a tiny community, with only 104 students realized their dream of playing in a statewide tournament. The same held true for the Bracken County girls.

I made sure that both Stan and Mike Reeves knew that even though we weren't represented in the tounament this year we still appreciate what they do, and for making this wonderful mid-season tournament a focus point of our regular season. We are also lucky that the Touchstone Energy folks sponsor the event to make it possible.

The "A" State baseball tournament is back at Whitaker Park ballpark again this year, over Derby Day weekend with the eight quarterfinalists competing. If you enjoy the All "A" Basketball tournament, give the All "A" Baseball Tournament a look-see. Whitaker Park (Forerely Applebes's), home of the Lexington Legends, is a wonderful venue, and when the spring weather is right, an incredible opportunity to take in some quality baseball. It is also the site of the KHSAA Swet 16 State Baseball tournament later on in June.

Congrats to the 60 students who were awarded $1000 scholarships at the luncheon on Saturday afternoon under the direction of Dave Cowden. :ylsuper:

Over the years they have awarded over $1 million dollars in scholarship money, thanks in large part to Touchstone Energy. Their sponsorship ends this year after 20 years and the directors are actively working on finding a new corporate sponsor. Just a great event for all the small schools.

They always do a first-rate job and I love it being at Frankfort.

I'm still torn between favoring Richmond and Frankfort.

Frankfort is a more fan-friendly arena, with a great playing condition in a more-compact facility. However, parking can be a nightmare, and for some reason the motels/hotels of Frankfort do not provide full queen sized beds which makes housing your team that much more difficult and costly.

Richmond certainly has the parking, housing, food option advantage, but playing in cavernous EKU McBrayer arena loses something in atmosphere. I do prefer press row being right behind the benches/scorers table, rather that up in the crow's nest at Frankfort.

I guess it's six of one and half-dozen of the other, and will be happy to go wherever Stan sends up and be happy to be in it.

I'm still torn between favoring Richmond and Frankfort.

Frankfort is a more fan-friendly arena, with a great playing condition in a more-compact facility. However, parking can be a nightmare, and for some reason the motels/hotels of Frankfort do not provide full queen sized beds which makes housing your team that much more difficult and costly.

Richmond certainly has the parking, housing, food option advantage, but playing in cavernous EKU McBrayer arena loses something in atmosphere. I do prefer press row being right behind the benches/scorers table, rather that up in the crow's nest at Frankfort.

I guess it's six of one and half-dozen of the other, and will be happy to go wherever Stan sends up and be happy to be in it.

I can't complain ONE BIT about ANYTHING........parking (10 steps from the Media entrance), lodging (King size bed was wonderful & the price :thumb:), food options (:sssh:;), & Press Row (center court on the floor). Can't wait till next year.

I can't complain ONE BIT about ANYTHING........parking (10 steps from the Media entrance), lodging (King size bed was wonderful & the price :thumb:), food options (:sssh:;), & Press Row (center court on the floor). Can't wait till next year.

I hear one of the local restaurants have created the Lawnboy burger....No meat but a whole lot of cheese?