Mike Croley - New Bellevue Head Football Coach

buttels

For Immediate Release

RE: Bellevue High School Head Football Coach

Bellevue High School is proud to announcement the hiring of its 24th Head Football Coach. Mr. Mike Croley has been hired by Athletic Director Nick Wilson and Site Based Decision Making Council. “I feel that we have hired the best candidate for our football program. Our search for the next head coach was a very long process, but I know that we have found the right guy for Bellevue football. Coach Croley is someone that understands the tradition here, has many years of experience as a head coach and assistant, and is someone that we believe can bring continued success to our program.” said Nick Wilson.

Coach Croley has been a head coach at Owen Co. and Grant Co. before becoming an assistant coach under Coach Jim McKee at Scott Co., where he has been since 2001. After accepting the position at Bellevue Coach Croley had this to say, “It is an honor and a privilege to be the next head football coach at Bellevue High School. I’ve always recognized Bellevue as a proud community steeped in great football tradition. There are only a few head coaching jobs that could have piqued my interest at this stage in my life, and Bellevue was the only one I applied for. The administration has been fantastic throughout the entire process and I’m humbled by their confidence in me. I’m anxious to get started and see what we can do. “

I think he started playing for either Knute Rockne or A. A. Stagg. (just kidding) He has over 20 years of coaching. What does his playing creditials have to do with his coaching.

Not a thing really, I was just curious. If you know where a guy played or what coach he played for you get some insight into his offensive and defensive schemes. From previous posts I would guess he is a Wing-T guy, but I was curious about defense. Anybody know who his staff is going to consist of?

Where has he been at over the last few years? He has not been at Scott Co for a while

It was my understanding that he was coming straight from Scott Co...and he's still listed as an assistant coach on the Scott Co athletics webpage. You may know better than me, but how long did you think he'd been gone?

http://scottcountysports.olinesports.com/coaches.php

From what I know, his coaching resume appears to be head coach at Owen County and then head coach at Grant County...both small-ish programs and tough gigs to have. Then he went to a pretty big program in Scott County as assistant coach and made the playoffs for like 6 or 7 years straight, including several very solid playoff runs.

I'm really interested to see what "big school" mentality he brings to the smaller Bellevue program, and whether or not any of those qualities can successfully cross over.

Anybody know of any coaches (head coaches in particular) who have gone from big school programs to smaller ones? Did they have much success?