Williamsburg 33 Bath Co. 28

RamblinMan

Good win for Jackets. Pettit stepped up and made some nice catches as did Tayler tonight. These two kids catching the ball makes W'burg that much tougher to defend. Brock had an exceptional catch right before the half for along score. W. Moses was unstoppable in the first half. He is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen. R. Moses put in anther good effert. Defense played much better tonight though the score doesn't reflect it. The Jackets are still mixing and matching on D trying to find that right combination. Bath played hard and had their quarterback not cramped and missed a couple of series the game might have went the other way. Good match up and would probably be a good long term series for both teams.

Dodged a bullet. Bath sounded totally unorganized as time was running down. Spiked the ball 2 downs in a row. Wild finish.

The first time they spiked the ball the clock didn't start. So the officials replayed the down instead of running time off. I'm quite certain Coach Fields knows that the old back to back ball spike doesn't work in this era of football.

Williamsburg looked like a team that is going to win a bunch of football games. They are very solid on the offensive side of the ball and they are strong on the line. Williamsburg plays with class which is usually a reflection of the coaching staff. Congratulations to Coach Herron on the win and good luck in the future.

Williamsburg piles up over 500 yards in offense again tonight. Overall the defense is getting better. What so many forget is this is a very young team, only 2 seniors start and get signifigant playing time. I will agree with an earlier poster, this coaching staf, led by Jerry Herron is doing a really nice job of bringing these kids along. Bath is a pretty good football team and the Jackets desrve some respect for going on a long trip, playing a tough team and getting away with a solid win. Say what you want but the Burg is 3-1 right now. I'll take it!